Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Finally! Relief from the nausea

Last week my daughter was sick and stayed home from school for most of the week. Two days ago I caught her cold. I am so congested and cannot smell a thing. I never thought I would be so happy to get sick. Hahaha! I can't smell, so I'm not as nauseous. I'm getting nauseous when I think of taking my progesterone pill and vitamin, but that's it. It's a nice break, but I'm sure it will come back once I can smell again. How's everyone else's nausea? Have you found anything that's helping?

Re: Finally! Relief from the nausea

• Options
    The only time I'm not nauseaus is in the morning. It's usually coupled with heartburn and indigestion. Bleh. I have not thrown up yet, so that's good! I mean, I've gagged but no actual throwing up, ha. Eating every 2 hours helps me.
    Glad you got some respite from the smells. :)
  • Options
    I had a stuffed up nose last week and it was wonderful! Mine is still terrible. Yesterday I felt awesome and thought maybe I was going to start feeling better but today I am chained to my barf bowl yet again! I'm hoping that because I'm a few more days out from the 2nd tri maybe I'll start having more good days!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its good that you haven't thrown up! I hate throwing up and still at 31 I cry when I do hahah. I have been ok in the morning too, it mostly hits me around lunch time until I go to bed. I haven't thrown up yet either, I'm hoping I just keep gagging instead lol
  • Options
    Mine is back. I'm 37.5wks and every time I eat I feel ill for 20 minutes. I'm running out of room. I'm considering going ahead and taking the unison b6 combo again. It worked so well im the first trimester. But I always felt bad for taking anything even though it safe. It makes no sense to be the suffer in silence type.
  • Options
    I take Diclegis. I mentioned it to a friend and she said, "I'm sure you researched it." My dr recommended it and my nausea is bad enough to warrant it. Anything you google is bound to have negative stuff written about it. I choose to trust my dr and not feel bad about taking the medicine.

Aside from Diclegis, I eat often, get up around 4am and drink some Boost and have a few pretzels, use gum or candy when my mouth tastes bad, and make sure I get enough water. 

I find it funny that myself and others feel best in the morning. They seriously need to stop calling it morning sickness. It gives husbands the impression that we should be fine the rest of the day.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    I would like to add that letting SweeTarts melt in your mouth is great at work/in the car when you might not be able to grab a bite. :smile: (Works for me at least!)
  • Options
    I feel nauseous ALL the time, except while I'm eating. But my appetite isn't that great at the moment so it's a bit of a struggle to get food in me. I can't do sugar at all so ginger ale is out :-( I can't do gluten or yeast so pretzels are out :-( I also just spent the last two days in a car and that didn't help with things. Drinking sparkling water seems to help some but I just can't seem to shake it. Bleh.
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    My husband is a bit freaked out by the fact that I'm always eating. I keep telling him it's only for the first trimester. I'm not going to eat like this for the rest of my life!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)