Baby Names

Which is Better? Trendy or Alliterative?

mrspepper05mrspepper05 member
edited December 2015 in Baby Names
The only names DH and I can agree on for this boy are:
Beckett
Sawyer
Levi

I know y'all will hate Beckett and Sawyer, but does knowing his sisters' names are Lucy and Lena change your opinion about Levi? We really didn't do all Ls on purpose. Levi has been our boy name every time, and it just kind of happened that the other two got L names. I still like Levi the most, but can't decide if it's totally ridiculous.

Last name sounds like VanderCody. Middle name will probably be Jay or William after our dads.
Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems

Which is Better? Trendy or Alliterative? 114 votes

Beckett
30% 35 votes
Sawyer
32% 37 votes
Levi
36% 42 votes

Re: Which is Better? Trendy or Alliterative?

• I actually like Beckett best of your options so I voted for that. Trendy has never bothered me too much but I do hate alliterative sib sets.
  • I think Sawyer pairs best

• Loading the player...
  • I would have voted Levi, but not with your girls' names. Beckett got my vote. I'm not a fan of Sawyer, and I know at least three little girls unfortunately named Sawyer.

• kh1824 said:
    I would have voted Levi, but not with your girls' names. Beckett got my vote. I'm not a fan of Sawyer, and I know at least three little girls unfortunately named Sawyer.
    I agree with this.
  • I like Levi William. You've already got the L thing happening, I wouldn't let another L deter you from using your long time favourite name. 
  • I am one of six and my eldest three siblings are all Ms, not intentionally, just because those were the names my parents liked. I don't think anyone ever commented on it. I have only thought about it recently now that I am exploring names.  So I agree that you should go with the name you love and not worry about alliteration.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I like Levi but wouldn't use it with sisters' names. Way too matchy to me. I would choose Sawyer. I don't think it's too trendy. Not a fan of Beckett, just way too preppy.
  • Levi is fine with 3 L's. I don't mind Sawyer. Beckett NMS.
  • levi by default
  • I actually like alliteration! I almost think it would be worse to have two kids with L names then the last one just be the "odd ball" BUT that is just my opinion :smile:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't mind the alliteration but I do think Lena and Levi are too close because they both start with the Lee- sound unless Lena is pronounced lay-na? If it is pronounced lee-na I think Levi is too close.

I like Levi best of the names but Beckett would be second.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• I don't mind using the same first initial as long as you aren't using throwaway names just to get them to match. I'm one of 5 and three have J names, two have A names. Nobody cares.
  • Latina211508Latina211508 member
    edited December 2015
    I like Levi the best. I honestly don't think its a big deal that all names start with an L. :)
  • Sawyer William gets my vote
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I actually really like Sawyer, honestly. Though I see it as more of a nickname for a kid who likes to read adventure novels but the fact remains that i like it. And I think it works well with Jay (NAF but not a bad name - just not my style) Levi William is lovely.