July 2016 Moms
Options

Registry!

Re: Registry!

• Options
    Amazon literally has everything in the world and people can shop online. Easy returns.
  • Options
    Today I got a gift bag from babies r us, two bottles in it and coupons, and I got the target registry gift bag too and it had a ton ton ton of stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had no idea about free registry gift bags so awesome!! Also I found this site today as well

https://freebies-for-baby.com/3387/5-free-diaper-bags-filled-with-free-baby-samples/
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    I think we're waiting til we start telling people and then will figure out where, chances are it'll be amazon.

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• Options
    www.babli.st for me! It's awesome, you can add anything from any store, online or actual store front, including etsy! My favorite thing though is that you can include "favours" like home cooked meals, house cleaning, dog walking, babysitting, Ect. Some of the things you really need help with that first month or so. There's also a tasteful "baby fund" that you can create so people can give whatever cash gifts they want that you can use for larger purchases, like cribs ect. so no one feels obligated to buy the big ticket items but can still help out. Loving it so far!
  • Options

www.babli.st for me! It's awesome, you can add anything from any store, online or actual store front, including etsy! My favorite thing though is that you can include "favours" like home cooked meals, house cleaning, dog walking, babysitting, Ect. Some of the things you really need help with that first month or so. There's also a tasteful "baby fund" that you can create so people can give whatever cash gifts they want that you can use for larger purchases, like cribs ect. so no one feels obligated to buy the big ticket items but can still help out. Loving it so far!

I have to be honest that doesn't sound tasteful to me asking for favors. Or even a cash fund. I think people recognize as with a wedding registry couples often put big ticket items on to get the discount. I personally never feel obligated to buy a big ticket item nor do I know anyone who does, not to say there aren't people out there but a baby fund sounds like you are asking for cash. Which to me is a bit in poor taste and if the last thing you want is for people to feel obligated why ask for favors. I guess that is just me.

• Options
    quartz02quartz02 member
    edited December 2015
    another thought... put a variety of sizes of Sleep Sacks on your registry! Older folks, especially, probably have no idea what these even are. We got gender neutral colors so this won't be an item we have to buy again, regardless of this baby's sex.

If this is a foreign concept for you, a sleep sack is a wearable blanket that's safer for baby because it won't get caught over their face (lower risk of SIDS). When we were living up north, I felt even better knowing that DD wouldn't kick off her blanket in the middle of the night and get too cold, either.

Some have sleeves
    Some don't have sleeves

• Options
    MrsRo731MrsRo731 member
    edited December 2015
    We did BRU and Amazon and were pretty happy with both; however, I honestly hated about 75% of the stuff I registered for after actually using the items. I did SO much research, too! For example, everyone raved about the Ergo and it didn't work for me at all. LO hated being in it and it was too big for me - I'm super petite and it just didn't fit right. Here are some items that I loved and will be using again:
    Fisher Price Little Lamb Swing:
    Fisher Price Whale of a Tub:
    Aden & Anais swaddle blankets:
    Munchkin Inflatable Duck Tub:
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • Options
    @chanfa I second BabyList Baby Registry!!
    This is the one we will be using :) I love that you can link anything from any store on it (incuding local or etsy shops), you can request meals, and my favorite - you can also put that you'd like contributions towards things like services (i.e. if you're cloth diapering and using a service).
  • Options
    I like the baby list idea because it lets people express multiple love languages! Gifts or acts of service! My church group organizes meal plans for new mamas and they all love it. I love to give people acts of service because that's my love language! The gift of time is wonderful. One night of babysitting is worth another onsie for me! I also know some people just like to give cash so they don't have to think about it, or like to let the couple decide.
  • Options
    dolewhipperdolewhipper member
    edited January 2016
    It's bad enough that water is making me gag, why are people's bad taste doing it to me too?

Eta: I'm not asking Aunt Judy to adult for me and my husband.
  • Options
    I've been working on an Amazon registry and one on myregistry.com that lets you save things from anywhere (good for stuff from etsy etc). I didn't realize Amazon let you register for stuff not on Amazon, so I might merge the two if I can. 

A lot of friends are giving us bigger items like strollers and we bought a carseat with a BRU gift card already, so I'm mostly using the registry for cute stuff that people like to gift and stuff I will buy myself with the completion discount. 

• Options

I'm planning on cloth diapering so that alone has given me A LOT to research ad far as what supplies do I actually need.

We did CDs and plan to with this one also. I'm happy to help with questions. I was VERY overwhelmed at first and now it's no biggie.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am doing BRU for the 10% cash back. I am doing it for me only though. If I need it from them, it goes on the registry first. Things such as Preggie pops, or even a potty chair for my toddler.
  • Options
    Has anyone used one of those "one and done" registries, where you can add items to your registry from many different stores at once, all in one place? (ie. myregistry.com, or something similar)  Or is it more of a hassle? Because I love convenience.
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • Options
    There are a lot of the larger items that we are going to have to re-buy, because we didn't have space to store it and got rid of it (or like our infant seat, enough time has passed that it expired). So we have a list going for our personal use on things that we need to buy. I agree with the previous posters that mentioned if you are having a shower, wait until a couple of weeks before to register, otherwise stuff will be out of stock. 

Target: I used this for my first pregnancy (and our wedding) and had zero issues. That being said, there is a feature where you can click on online only or in-store items, and it will eliminate the ones that you don't want (like if you only want to register for items in the store, so people don't have to go online). There are 5 Targets in my area, and most of them have different items in them, so sometimes if you register for something that is in the store next to you, it won't be carried in the store that is next to that store. Most people don't know about that little feature on the website. I did a bulk of the registering online (for items that were in-store), and then I went into the store to register for the smaller items and get the goodie bag.   

BRU: I also used BRU for my first registry, and there were a few issues. One being that their return policy is pretty dang awful. If you go onto their FB page, and look at the posts done by other people on issue they have (not only with small things, but not receiving pieces of furniture, getting charged double, not being able to return damaged items, etc), its pretty bad. There are anywhere from 3-5+ post a day, from unhappy customers. I was going to go with them for some of the larger items because they do the Trade-In event, and I had a few things to trade in, but I have been seeing posts (from BRU) being left on other people's comments asking when the date is of the Trade-In event, and they are saying they have no immediate plans for one in the future. That sucks, because I feel that was a really good deal that they had going on. At this point, for the larger items, their coupons really don't give that much off compared to other stores. So, really no incentive to buy from there. Especially when they have a coupon, but then down at the bottom is says "Exclusions" and it lists half the store.

Mostly for this kid, I have lists going on Target, BRU, and Amazon, and I will just be bouncing between them waiting to see if there are any price drops or anything, and buy from the cheapest place. 

iamautumn said:
    I like the baby list idea because it lets people express multiple love languages! Gifts or acts of service! My church group organizes meal plans for new mamas and they all love it. I love to give people acts of service because that's my love language! The gift of time is wonderful. One night of babysitting is worth another onsie for me! I also know some people just like to give cash so they don't have to think about it, or like to let the couple decide.
    There is a big difference between someone just offering to help out, or make a meal.....and someone requesting that people do that for them. I have absolutely no problem with making a new mom a meal, or offering to take the other kids out of the house for a bit, or whatever. But if they make a registry for it and downright ask for it....they just get an eyeroll out of me. 
    I agree.... A friend of mine asked me if it would be ok if people brought me meals after lo was born and I said sure.  She actually organized a meal every other day for me and DH.  It was WONDERFUL!!!! but I would have NEVER requested that people did this for us.  It was a very nice thing that they did on their own but I do think that it is not appropriate to "register" for it.  Just FYI I'm really not one of those people that go crazy over baby shower etiquette but I do think this crosses the line.  
    Anniversary: 10/10/09
    DS: 11/21/14
    DD: 7/5/16

• Options

iamautumn said:
    There is a big difference between someone just offering to help out, or make a meal.....and someone requesting that people do that for them. I have absolutely no problem with making a new mom a meal, or offering to take the other kids out of the house for a bit, or whatever. But if they make a registry for it and downright ask for it....they just get an eyeroll out of me. 
    I agree.... A friend of mine asked me if it would be ok if people brought me meals after lo was born and I said sure.  She actually organized a meal every other day for me and DH.  It was WONDERFUL!!!! but I would have NEVER requested that people did this for us.  It was a very nice thing that they did on their own but I do think that it is not appropriate to "register" for it.  Just FYI I'm really not one of those people that go crazy over baby shower etiquette but I do think this crosses the line.  
    I agree. It is kind of like if one person was to tell someone (they knew) "Hey, I know that heating bills can get crazy this year, as a gift......I would like to pay your heating bill this month. That way, you can spend the money on something else!" is much different than "Can someone pay my heating bill this month? Its pretty dang high, and I would rather spend the money on something more exciting right now. I can even start up a GoFundMe account if everyone would like to pitch in a few dollars...''
    I registered at BRU, Target and B3 with my last pregnancy. I had similar experiences with Target as PP's, but it was the easiest place for our family and friends to shop if they chose not to buy something online. I tried to make sure there was a good mix of online only and in store items available. I liked Buy, Buy Baby best - their return policy is great. Even if the item didn't come from there - maybe from BRU - if they sold it, they'd take it no questions asked. This was super convenient because the only BRU location in town is about 30 minutes farther from my house than B3.
  • Options
    I haven't started a registry yet, but I have a secret wishlist on amazon. When we do start a registry I will probably go with BRU and Amazon. Thinking about adding Target too, but mostly for me and the completion discount. I think that Target and Amazon will be where we do most of our shopping for the baby so I think that's a good idea. My family though is more comfortable with BRU, and my friends are online shoppers (like me!).
  • Options
    I started our registry today at Amazon.com but still have it set to private (sharing only with my sister to get advice). I also did a ton of reading here and on various articles because I felt like I was putting way too much stuff on there. I think DH and I will register at a local cloth diapering/baby wearing store, and possibly BRU or Target if only to get the completion discounts. I'm a little scared of BRU after reading horror stories though!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    I am in canada and havent heard too many nad things about BRU so I'm going to do my registry then. I made an appt to go in next weekend which is after my second midwive appt. Ill be 14 weeks. Its early but we want to purchase things right away ....and then also use it for our shower.
  • Options
    sboston06 said:
    I started our registry today at Amazon.com but still have it set to private (sharing only with my sister to get advice). I also did a ton of reading here and on various articles because I felt like I was putting way too much stuff on there. I think DH and I will register at a local cloth diapering/baby wearing store, and possibly BRU or Target if only to get the completion discounts. I'm a little scared of BRU after reading horror stories though!
    I went the other day to do some in-store registering at BRU. When I was talking to the employee, even she cautioned for returns the item must be in brand new condition, original packaging as if it was not tampered with, and if it wasn't purchased off your registry (which would make it in the system), have a gift receipt. 
  • Options
    STM so I'm not registering, just sharing my experience. Target was a pain because a lot of stuff is only in stores or online so it makes it difficult for people to find what they want in stock. I think they're change what they keep in stock more often than other stores too so stuff might just become no longer available. We also did Buy Buy Baby and loved them. Great customer service, exchange program, and coupons.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    well, i caved. i am 13 weeks today, and i was going to start mine next sat. at 14 and 2 days. BUT BBU has their baby fest on and theres some items on there for a good price that i want. and if i put them on the registry and buy them then i get 10% back on all my purchases a bit after baby is born! i know im jumping the gun but...i just cant help it!!!!!!!!! i figure buy as you go along so you dont kill your bank account!
  • Options
    I'm using BabyList.  Like others have mentioned, it's convenient that any item from any store can be added (including Etsy).  The item is bought from the actual retailer, then "checked-off" the list once bought.  If you're on BabyList and go to buy an item, it's pretty self-explanatory.  I don't plan to utilize the "favors" or "baby fund" features, I just find it super convenient (the app especially is great!).

I'm a FTM, and so far I've only added basic gender-neutral items (don't know what the sex is yet).  Things like stroller, car seat, crib, mattress, pack n play, high chair, etc.  Those big ticket items we plan to keep neutral so we can use them with future babies.  Once we know the gender, I'll go back and add girl or boy colors for all the small stuff like sheets, blankets, toys, etc.  Also, I've registered for a TON of books!  Which is great because those won't really depend on gender either.

In case anyone is curious, the big ticket items that we're keep gender neutral are the UppaBaby Vista stroller, Maxi Cosi Pria 70 convertible car seat, 4 Moms Breeze (pack n play) and the Delta Tribeca 4-in-1 crib.
  • Options
    @PinkLady2015 I've already started stockpiling those Aden and Anais blankets :D
  • Options
    I went through baby blankets earlier this week, and saw that I have 13 Aden & Anais swaddle blankets. Why I "needed" that many, I have no idea......
    to fetch out the crusty boogers

Fisher-Price Booster Seat 
    we lived in a small apartment and this was awesome in lieu of a bulky highchair. DD still uses this at 3 years old. Great value! I've even traveled with it in luggage (the seat back folds down).

Pacifier Holder
    DD would ONLY take the Soothie pacifiers (the kind pictured) and most pacifier holders wouldn't work. These were great.

Munchkin fresh food feeders
    Depends on your feeding philosophy but we used these with DD to introduce food and also make sure she didn't choke (obviously this is not for a newborn :P) Some folks go straight to letting the kid put pieces of food in their mouth. The term is escaping me... obviously we weren't in that camp.

iPlay sun hat
    nothing makes me more mad than seeing parents in hats/sunglasses out with a baby with no sun protection. Put a hat on your baby! These come in lots of different styles and cute patterns.

• Options

This is all so overwhelming... literally my only take away from this entire thread and the other about the top 5 items is Aden + Anais swaddle blankets. My registry is just going to have 4,000 swaddle blankets on it... oh and that lanolin nipple cream.

From a STM, that's not *all* you need but those are both really important in the first few weeks. I am going to start a registry for me soon, to organize what I need and so I can tell relatives when they ask.
  • Options
    I have a question: if you register in-person at BRU, do they follow you around the store and try to sell you crap you don't need? We registered at Bed Bath & Beyond for our wedding and someone did that to us. It was irritating.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    We did the registering online..but when I went in to pick a few things up I saw someone registering there and she was given the little gun to walk around and she was doing it by herself worst case scenario even if they did come around with you which I doubt they do you can put a whole bunch of crap on it and then take it off later online not a big deal
  • Options
    joleri23 said:
    I have a question: if you register in-person at BRU, do they follow you around the store and try to sell you crap you don't need? We registered at Bed Bath & Beyond for our wedding and someone did that to us. It was irritating.
    Nope! Handed me the scanner and off I went.
  • Options
    Guys the the gift bag was pretty nice from target when I set up registry there.