October 2015 Moms

How to help baby become a good sleeper

BumpCaitlinBumpCaitlin admin
edited January 2016 in October 2015 Moms
You are probably no stranger to waking up around the clock whenever baby does, helping to soothe her back to sleep. It will most likely take her 12 to 24 weeks to start sleeping through the night (it’ll happen- we promise!), but you can start developing healthy sleep habits today! 

We called in an expert for the best advice on helping baby get to sleep on her own and stay asleep longer - so you can, too! Share your slumber-time successes or sleep goals you’re currently working on with your little one!  

P.S. Let's take our friendship to the next level. Like us on Facebook

Re: How to help baby become a good sleeper

• Daily schedule:
    8:30- bath time
    9- feeding time
    9:45- story time
    10- bed time

Usually get a good 6 hours every night. My son knows that bath time means it's almost bed time
  • That sounds like a good routine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • indylardelliindylardelli member
    edited December 2015
    briminus said:

Daily schedule:
    8:30- bath time
    9- feeding time
    9:45- story time
    10- bed time

Usually get a good 6 hours every night. My son knows that bath time means it's almost bed time

does your son have a routine for sleep during the day?
    what times his last nap for the day?
  • Swaddle swaddle swaddle!!! You can use it as a sleep que, DD sleeps 6-8 hours each night
  • We swaddle our daughter. But I don't want her to rely on that to get to sleep and stay asleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    :) visit my blog to get easy recipes & mom stuff: http://somestufforwhatever.wordpress.com  :)
  • My baby doesnt sleep long enough during the day even if i swaddle her she just sleep for an hour thats it.. i really dont know what to do to make her sleep a bit longer..
  • Swaddle swaddle swaddle!!! You can use it as a sleep que, DD sleeps 6-8 hours each night

I would swaddle but it's the middle of summer in Australia right now so he just sleeps in a nappy most nights :/
  • Our little hates being swaddled. Has since he was a few weeks old. He would get laid down all cozy and swaddled and then kick and kick getting more frustrated until his legs were lose. If we had him in a velcro swaddle he would just wake up screaming because he couldn't free his legs. Now we just put him on a sleep sack so his legs are covered but not tight and his hands are free for him to lick :-/ or suck on. He usually puts him self back to sleep at night in the pack and play now.
  • My son is 6 months old and will only sleep for about 2 or 3 hours at night then scream. The only way I can get him back to sleep is to feed him. Sometimes he only suckles for a couple seconds then goes right back to sleep for another 30mins to an hour. He won't take a binky 90% of the time. I feed him baby food or cereal then breastfeed him before bed. I just don't know what else to do.