Trying to Get Pregnant

Looking for some "experienced" words of wisdom....newbie.

Hello, Newbie here again. 2nd posting. I have some issues need some clarity on. Have an appointment with my gyno, just going insane. lol

Posted before, very helpful/encouraging. 
28 years old...been receiving treatment for 2 months now to try and regulate my irregular cycles most likely caused by Polysistic O syndrome. Went on provera, clomid, and metformin. Still on metformin daily. 1st Cycle in October seemed to go well. Everything worked. I had some "typical" symptoms. Thought I even may have had some implantation bleeding but turned out just a week of brown spotting before my period. Progesterone levels were good, gyno liked how everything worked, took like 4 pregnancy tests and the AF came on the day it was supposed to. Que disappointment. Time for round two. 

AF came, but this time, it was mega short....3.5 days. October it was 5 days and then a week of brownish spotting. This time, 3.5 days, no spotting, just stopped. Took clomid days 3-5 as prescribed. Kept log on my ap. Did an LH test on day 12 as prescribed, LH surge. Hubby and I were intimate 3 times, every other day. I am assuming I ovulated, had the "typical" cm, slight twingeing on my left ovary area, but it was not as "obvious" as last time, so part of me is still skeptical. Didn't pee soon after day 3, developed a Uti 5dpo. Began taking bactrim for that. Relatively "dry" 2-3 dpo 7 dpo I was super nauseous. Got sick in the am. 9 dpo, also nauseous. Had to actually leave my classroom in class to excuse myself. I continued to have nausea symptoms for 4.5 hours. Didn't get hopeful because bactrim side effects can be nausea. But I am actually throwing up which is bother some. Definitely not feeling anything else with the nausea so I know I'm not sick. 10dpo slight "pulling" feeling in my lower abdomen. Off an on, maybe 3 times that day? Curious so I took a pregnancy test, even though it was way early... Negative. 11dpo I noticed I was damp in my panties. I decided to check my cm and after examining my finger, had some white residue. 12dpo, same cm, little more of it on my finger, white. Does not have any weird odor. Felt a "pulling" again 3 times today (did it just a few moments ago). I had nausea this am, didn't throw up, went away. Went to an early dinner with hubby around 430, felt fine. Walked around, nausea again. Threw up twice. I have had the worst gas. I literally burped probably 15 times in the last 3 hours. Again, thinking it's a side effect of the UTI medication, but hubby is skeptical. Says the throwing up/gas does not seem like me. Took a bath and noticed my nipples are a bit sore, mainly my left one. But my boobs themselves don't feel sore. I have had no spotting (sign of implantation, right?) Sorry if TMI. 

I have been reading online, which my gyno told me not to do. lol I can now see why. I will say, some of the posts on other sites, people are super rude to people like me and just say, "just take a damn pregnancy test." Well, isn't a site like this to get information before taking a pregnancy test and to listen to others experience? So, if you are going to say something unkind such as that, please refrain from responding. I am not dumb, and know the obvious way to know is a pregnancy test. However, I don't want to jump the gun and be let down. Also, I have already dropped $100.00 on tests and really don't want to waste anymore money if it's going to be for nothing. 

Venting: Part of me is also just annoyed. I am annoyed that PMS symptoms are exact to pregnancy symptoms. I am annoyed that my husband and I have done everything right (together forever, married, pay some debt, home, then kid) and we can't just automatically conceive, but irresponsible people around us can get pregnant like that. I am a natural worrier, a planner, and worry that it wont happen in a timely fashion (we don't want to be old parents and want 2 kids). 
Part of me is annoyed with mom, whom I love dearly, but who would "cryptically" talk about her "difficulties" with getting pregnant with my brother and I but brushed it off as nothing. I didn't find out until last week that she has polysistic and endometriosis, both are hereditary. I would have like to have known this, I don't know, years ago, and I would have stopped my birth control a hell of alot sooner than just 1 year ago in order to allow more time for my cycles to get on track. 
I know I am supposed to be stress free, I am really trying. I am keeping busy (I teach high school so I am busy all the time anyways), I am doing yoga, reading/adult coloring book when I have free time. But I can't help but be annoyed with the sense of urgency around this subject. 

So, informed ladies of the interwebs, what are your thoughts? Should I try testing again? Wait and see? Can you have symptoms like the above without implantation bleeding and be pregnant? Is there anyone else like me that is worried about "the clock" ticking away, how are you coping? 

Thanks again. Much appreciated. 

Re: Looking for some "experienced" words of wisdom....newbie.

• Loading the player...
  • Well, thanks for ignoring my request to not respond if you were going to be rude. Totally appreciate it. Obviously stressed out and looking for encouragement but instead of ignoring, you chose to make things worse. 

Knew I should go on these things. Just more rude commentary. Apparently the rules of a forum have changed. Last I knew they were meant to discuss, get advice, etc. I was un-aware that there is an elitist persona with rules and regulations. 

I skimmed the newbie guide. Again, this is a forum. I was also unaware that there must be a text limit like twitter. 

Again, I am not DUMB. I know to take a PREGNANCY TEST. I am looking for people to SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCE BECAUSE THIS IS A FORUM AND WHAT IT IS FOR. 
  • So here is my new question I guess, does anyone know of ANY place to go to discuss issues/feelings about these sort of things since you're not allowed to do so on here?  I am legitimately asking.
  • Nope, not that I don't like what you have to say, I dislike that you're just a rude a person. 
    Well, you have proven my distrust of these sort of things. Looking for support and compassion, and instead I get hostility and rule rhetoric thrown at me. Women can never support each other. Instead of supporting me, and helping, you criticize the length of my text, and chose to be cold and short. 

So, what is the point of this website, exactly? What is the point of this forum community? Clearly I do not understand. 
    I'd go to a TTC support group, but they don't exist in my state. 

I would never respond to someone like me in the manner that you did. 
  • I'm sorry, but the reaction of the other woman definitely implied that because science treats women's bodies as something different, and because I "wrote too much," that I am not allowed to ask questions such as the above. Maybe I will try a different website. See if anyone is supportive there. My apologies. 
  • I have never experienced this much criticism in my entire life...
    So, you have a woman who is clearly stressed out and looking for help, and instead of support, you criticize her actions. I don't understand how that is even logical. 
  • Okay. I will play this game then.,... sense the only answer is to take a pregnancy test, does anyone know of any places to buy more affordable pregnancy tests so I am not spending $15. per test? 
  • edited December 2015

I'm sorry, but the reaction of the other woman definitely implied that because science treats women's bodies as something different, and because I "wrote too much," that I am not allowed to ask questions such as the above. Maybe I will try a different website. See if anyone is supportive there. My apologies. 

Sigh. I never said you weren't allowed to ask a question because you wrote too much. I simply commented that your original post was long and a lot to take in. Even another poster said she couldn't read it all.

You're putting words in my mouth and judging me based on a few random postings in an anymore Internet forum. I personally feel that's more rude than anything I said or did. But I will still assume that while I perceive the behavior as rude, you are not a rude person and in general won't judge you based on a few Internet postings.
  • Before I attempt to figure out how to delete this post, to save myself further scrutiny and embarassment, I just really would like to re-iterate that I have never been criticized so harshly. Feel stupid. Crying over the stupid internet. 

My sincere apologies for screwing up. 
  • Walmart HPTs and Dollar Store HPT are very accurate, and very cheap.
    TTC is frustrating, we have all felt the feelings you are feeling... believe me. :)

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Before I attempt to figure out how to delete this post, to save myself further scrutiny and embarassment, I just really would like to re-iterate that I have never been criticized so harshly. Feel stupid. Crying over the stupid internet. 

I don't understand...no one here was criticizing you. Everyone was trying to help you. I'm sorry if you didn't get the answer you wanted to hear, but that's not how it works here. Nothing is sugar coated, it's honest. You have to give support to get support. If you stick around, lurk, and read the newbie post, you'll learn a lot from these ladies.

Me: 27  DH: 29
    High School Sweethearts: 12/12/04
    Engaged: 5/28/10
    Married: 5/22/11
    TTC #1: October 2015
    BFP: 12/22/15  EDD: 9/2/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• I don't understand how a 3rd party person would not read the responses as being pic-kingly critical of my length of writing and the questions I asked on an internet forum. 
    Apparently I can't even deactivate my account. Or delete the post as noted above. 

So I will end with again, a sincere apology, for not understanding protocols.
    Also, for being stressed out, venting when I apparently am not allowed to, and for jumping to conclusions that I would find what I was looking for. I'll just deal with this on my own. 
  • Sorry to inconvenience everyone. 
  • Mlight28 said:
    Wow. No one was rude. I absolutely gave you support and a real answer. I didn't give you answers like "OMG you are totes preggly!! I know it even before you take a test because I had the same thing happen to me before!! Congrats!!!" That's obviously what you wanted if you considered our responses rude. In that case: image
    ^how is that photo not rude? 
  • Lulucooks said:
    Before I attempt to figure out how to delete this post, to save myself further scrutiny and embarassment, I just really would like to re-iterate that I have never been criticized so harshly. Feel stupid. Crying over the stupid internet. 

Again....what? You've not been criticized at all. You can't delete your posts. image

Again, legitimately asking. Apparently I don't understand forum ettiquite. 
  • WitandWhimsyWitandWhimsy member
    edited December 2015

Before I attempt to figure out how to delete this post, to save myself further scrutiny and embarassment, I just really would like to re-iterate that I have never been criticized so harshly. Feel stupid. Crying over the stupid internet. 

Seriously? With all due respect, suck it up. Nobody here was rude to you. We're just telling it how it is. Nobody here can tell you anything except to take a pregnancy test and everyone gave great advice on where to get cheap tests.

Not really sure what you expect from us. You said you skimmed the newbie guide but I encourage you to read it. You will see that these types of posts don't go over well here. The TTC process is frustrating, I hear you. I've been trying for a year now and these ladies have really helped me cope.

FTR, I have had similar symptoms that you have and have never been pregnant. Our experiences have no bearing on yours and vice versa.

ETA- mobile typing sucks
  • "Seriously? With all due respect, suck it up."
    I am sorry, but I just don't understand how that is an appropriate response to someone that is clearly upset. 

I know that my writing seems sarcastic because it is typing, but I am honestly asking how these responses are not rude? This is an entirely different forum experience for me. I have actually never seen responses such as these. I am a blunt person myself, in life, but when someone is clearly upset about serious issues, I certainly cushion the blow a little bit. I just have never seen ettiqute as such. The impression given was unsupportive and extremely surprising to see which obviously is going to cause a reaction. 
  • I don't think the comments about the length of your post were meant as a personal attack.

Mlight28 even commiserated with you about how frustrating it is to feel like you're doing everything right, but still nothing is working...

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Lulucooks said:
    Lulucooks said:

Again....what? You've not been criticized at all. You can't delete your posts. image

Again, legitimately asking. Apparently I don't understand forum ettiquite. 
    ---qbf-- Because you don't know my intention, it wasn't rude, it was snarky *after* you went all martyr about how terrible we were for being honest with you.

..... snarky is a synonym for being rude. 
    I was not a martyr. Did not claim to be one. Again, shocked at the responses I was getting. Expected something different from a website that claims to be a supportive environment for women stressing out over pregnancy. 
  • brebelle05brebelle05 member
    edited December 2015
    Expected to see something like, "you're clearly stressed out, pregnancy test is the only way, when I was going through with it here were my coping strategies...:" 
    Not, "you're not going to like what I have to say... no one can relate to you....no one is the same.... posts like this you wont get away with..." that to me does not scream support. 
    But whatever. Learned my lesson. 
    Nothing I say will sink in. And I cant delete this. So it is what it is. Definitely a lesson learned. One I think I needed. 
  • As @lulucooks pointed out, we were only snarky after you called us rude for pointing out facts to you and not sugar coating anything.
    I don't know what you were actually looking for here. We gave you support and real answers. You were looking for rainbows and unicorns. That's all there is to it.

I'm done here.

Best of luck to you.
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Fur child: One awesome Golden Retriever
    IUI August 2016  : Cancelled due to polyp
    September 2016: Polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    October 2016: IUI #1- BFN
    November 2016: IUI #2- BFN
    December 2016: IUI #3 - BFN
    January/February 2017 - IVF + ICSI + PGD
    March 2017 - FET