Pregnant after a Loss

Anyone else have a clueless husband?!

jacobsone2jacobsone2 member
edited December 2015 in Pregnant after a Loss
My husband has been doing everything to try to help me out. Doing extra housework, going out and getting whatever I feel like eating, but he just has no idea how I'm feeling. He suggested we go over to our friends house this weekend and I told him I didn't feel like doing anything. Plus I'm so nauseas, gagging all over the place and I can't eat a thing. It would be so obvious and I am not ready for anyone to know. When I told him that I did not want to go he asked me, "how can you predict that you are going to be sick this weekend?" I guess it's the hormones, but I felt like smacking him. Lol. I wish men could feel what it's like to be pregnant. Anyone else's husband totally clueless? Or is it just mine?

Re: Anyone else have a clueless husband?!

• Oh and he's been coming home from work at night and making his own dinner because I cannot stand the smell of meat. I make my daughters dinner, but I haven't been cooking meat. So I guess maybe I should give him a break? But still..
  • My husband says if he was pregnant, he "wouldn't be a puss about it."  So yours is better than mine!  When I'm nauseous, he says I'm being silly.  I told him I almost got "silly" in the parking lot outside my gym yesterday.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • Thankfully with this pregnancy I've only thrown up once. But I'm nauseous daily. When I was pregnant with both my boys I would throw up violently a few times every day. I think my husband was so scared after witnessing that a few times that he decided to shut his mouth about anything he thought I "should or shouldn't be feeling". Maybe he was just worried I'd puke on him. Lol or scared of the hormones.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yep, you're definitely pregnant! :blush: It really does sound like he's stepping up..but it's still O.K. to hate his guts. When I had morning sickness my husband wanted to go sailing with our neighbors. Even if I did manage to get on the boat without man (and baby) overboard, can you imagine the "sea" sickness?! No thank you. And there is no way that a man would ever have more than one child. My husband slammed his finger in the door the other day and literally had to lay down while I brought him Advil and an ice pack..for his pinky.
  • jacobsone2jacobsone2 member
    edited December 2015
    Hahahah love the stories! Guys are such babies aren't they?! They couldn't handle it!
  • Haha! this whole conversation reminds me of this video when men find out what it feels like to give birth. They're wimps! It's a good laugh.
    Here's the link!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gCNTpNtK3-g
  • My husband has been pretty great so I really can't complain but just wanted to jump on the "men are babies" train. DH has been sick for a few days and you would think his world was ending. It was the littlest cold and he moped around and even took off work one day. Give me a break! He would never be able to handle being pregnant.. And I've had it pretty easy compared to some ladies!

• @tennisbabymama now if only they could find a way to stimulate pregnancy...
  • @tennisbabymama so funny!! Was laughing so hard. Going to show that to DH. :)
  • DH wasn't feeling well the other day and he said, "I'm taking your last gingerale."  I asked if he was nauseous and he said no.  *facepalm*
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Love the video! My husband and I have been having a meat battle. Lol. I cannot stand the smell of meat, so I haven't been making it for dinner. He was coming home from work and grilling meat. He finally agreed not to cook it. There is a meat ban in our house.