June 2016 Moms
Options

The random thread of randoms

Re: The random thread of randoms

• Options
    Me too!! I keep eating Corn Flakes with hot milk. 
    I warm my cereal up in the microwave because I don't like my milk so cold. I use almond milk and it's sooo good  I've never liked the way regular milk tastes. 

@mrsschmity yes frosted mini wheats counts! Although I would consider them somewhat healthy because of the fiber. Gotta get that fiber! I like to eat them as a snack without the milk. 
  • Options
    @mrsschmity- dude. Fiber! They totally count!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry to be annoying but I don't know where else to test this...  Is my gif working now?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @denny+lee. I feel ya. I cannot get mine working :( 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @denny+lee. I feel ya. I cannot get mine working :( 
    You're copying the link to the actual page that the gif displays on in giphy, not the image itself. The URL you want to use is https://i.giphy.com/L7r3oyzMECdnG.gif
  • Options
    dennyandleedennyandlee member
    edited December 2015
    @Emztron500 you're a doll! It took me forever to figure mine out! I know @HighFive16 will appreciate it!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My boobs have taken over my chest. They make me look 10lb heavier.... Ugh.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That moment when you catch yourself glaring at your husband for the sheer audacity of daring to cook himself a steak and pour a himself a glass of wine in the studio apartment...right after he's made you chicken soup and bread to ease your nausea and gone to the store to get your midnight yogurt snack so you can sleep tonight.

My oh my, I am a hormonal rage monster with no soul. :neutral:
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:

That moment when you catch yourself glaring at your husband for the sheer audacity of daring to cook himself a steak and pour a himself a glass of wine in the studio apartment...right after he's made you chicken soup and bread to ease your nausea and gone to the store to get your midnight yogurt snack so you can sleep tonight.

My oh my, I am a hormonal rage monster with no soul. :neutral:

No way. I'd be scowling too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ok yall need to fill me in on the deleted post. I've been at work all day. Something about her bump??

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    OP posted a picture of her admittedly cute little bump and asked for gender predictions...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My husband got me to pee into baking soda tonight to follow an old wives tale to "find" out the gender of this baby.... New lows here in this household. Lol! 
    Sounds better than peeing on Drano, which seems to be a thing and I'm pretty sure creates some toxic fumes.

So what'd the baking soda say?

Oh the toxic fumes would be a downer on the occasion alright I am sure! :) 
    It was fizzy... But I think it is more reliable as an indicator of my inner desire for a glass of bubbly rather than a boy. 
    I made the mistake of mentioning this old wives tale to DH this evening...now he's asking me every 5 minutes if I have to pee, lol. He's acting like a kid on Christmas morning. Silly husband. Or, silly me...I'm going to do it to make him happy (& I think it's pretty funny, lol). I'm with you on the new lows, @HighFive16 ;) 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

SaveSave
  • Options
    denny+lee said:

OP posted a picture of her admittedly cute little bump and asked for gender predictions...

I can't believe I missed it :'(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure if anyone has had a chance to check out the 2nd tri board, but I found a jewel.  Just thought I should share.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hoo boy.

The part that really got me on that post is that apparently there are "doppler" apps to hear a baby's heartbeat on your phone? What? It's hard enough to pick it up using actual doppler...
  • Options

hoo boy.

The part that really got me on that post is that apparently there are "doppler" apps to hear a baby's heartbeat on your phone? What? It's hard enough to pick it up using actual doppler...
    I've heard those apps can pick up heart beats on random objects too. I wonder how my lamps baby is doing...

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    Why do the bump gods close every good thread on our board? When I see posts like this on other boards I don't think it's fair!
  • Options
    @Bear14+ It was pretty lame. You didn't miss much :)

Also, I just made nachos. Yuh-hummmm.
  • Options
    Man, my baby's heartbeat was a 174. I guess that means she sounds like a Mary.

That post is golden.
    BFP 5/2/11 DS born 1/19/12. 
    BFP #2 12/29/12, EDD 9/6/13, MC 1/2/13.
    BFP #3 5/4/13, EDD 1/9/14  Twin Boys! L&L born 12/18/13
    BFP #4 10/10/15 - Surprise!  Boy #4!.  EDD 6/19/16

• Options
    I truly don't understand people who follow those bogus gender prediction methods with such dedication. If you want to know what you're having, use an actual reliable medical method to find out. If you don't want to know, then stop obsessing.
  • Options
    My favorite fodder food of all time was the baby center 65yr old mom pregnant in the nursing home. That one was a gem.
  • Options
    I'm sitting here looking at my craker ridden floors thinking I should vacuum. All that pops in to my head is how I know that my kids will destroy it again within the hour so why? I hate the vicious cycle that is cleaning while you have kids.

• Options
    I figure this is pretty random. My screen name is Trinirican3ondway because DH is from Trinidad, I am Puerto Rican and this is our 3rd baby. "on d way" is Trini speak for "on the way". In case anybody was wondering...lol

DS-7
    DD-4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I figure this is pretty random. My screen name is Trinirican3ondway because DH is from Trinidad, I am Puerto Rican and this is our 3rd baby. "on d way" is Trini speak for "on the way". In case anybody was wondering...lol

I think this is a great idea for a GYKY! Off to post....

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing @VikingGirl12

• Options
    Having an issue with boyfriend/baby daddy... Feeling unsupported and like he just doesn't care about what I'm going through. Don't know how to get through. It got so bad we argued and he just left. Now I feel even more alone and scared I'm going to have to raise this baby on my own. I didn't know what thread to post this to... Avoiding talking to friends and family about it... Just lost and alone
  • Options
    @jwilly87 I'm so sorry you are struggling. I hope it resolved positively.
  • Options
    So my mom and dad just called to find out the results of our Materni-T21 test. I know they are worried about the baby's health, but I'm already freaking out Bc the results are taking so long. I just don't need people calling and asking 'so is your baby viable? Cause we'd like to tell our friends in the Christmas card..'

I know they come from a happy, excited place, but it's just stressing me more when I'm trying (and epically failing) not to obsess about it. :/
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:

So my mom and dad just called to find out the results of our Materni-T21 test. I know they are worried about the baby's health, but I'm already freaking out Bc the results are taking so long. I just don't need people calling and asking 'so is your baby viable? Cause we'd like to tell our friends in the Christmas card..'

I know they come from a happy, excited place, but it's just stressing me more when I'm trying (and epically failing) not to obsess about it. :/

Ugh. I'm sorry!! That would add so much stress :(
  • Options
    We just had to leave my SIL's baby shower because DD started having a coughing fit and itching and wasn't breathing well. She has a peanut allergy so my mind instantly goes to that. Rolled her window down on the way home and gave her a breathing treatment when we got home and she is perfectly fine now. I have no idea what happened. Sometimes being an allergy mom is terrifying.

• Options

We just had to leave my SIL's baby shower because DD started having a coughing fit and itching and wasn't breathing well. She has a peanut allergy so my mind instantly goes to that. Rolled her window down on the way home and gave her a breathing treatment when we got home and she is perfectly fine now. I have no idea what happened. Sometimes being an allergy mom is terrifying.

I know your pain! It is absolutely terrifying, daily. My son is anaphylactic to peanuts, eggs, cinnamon, chick peas, and white beans. Just today he started having a mild reaction after eating something completely safe. I feel like I never take my eyes off wondering if and when I'll have to epi him. I hope your daughter is ok!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @VikingGirl12 oh man that's got to be rough! I do not envy moms like you who have more than one to worry about. We are just peanut with a possibility of shellfish. She hasn't had a anaphylactic reaction yet but she has only been exposed twice. Her allergist said it's likely she will be aisle the way after more exposures. She hasn't had any seafood yet so we aren't sure on that one. My H is a commercial fisherman though so this creates a problem sometimes. She is ok though. It was really bizarre and I still don't know what caused it.

• Options
    HBamama2B said:
    My favorite fodder food of all time was the baby center 65yr old mom pregnant in the nursing home. That one was a gem.
    Is this the one who was in the home because the baby daddy is her daughter's boyfriend and her daughter kicked her out when she found out????

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @fishwife799 So scary!  I have an epi-pen for an allergy and am SO SCARED for my daughter have a severe allergy.  So far just a rash with Amoxicillin and eggs...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Lilwatz said:

@fishwife799 So scary!  I have an epi-pen for an allergy and am SO SCARED for my daughter have a severe allergy.  So far just a rash with Amoxicillin and eggs...

Had she had issues with vaccines? I've always wondered about the egg allergy and vaccines...
  • Options
    LilwatzLilwatz member
    edited December 2015
    Had she had issues with vaccines? I've always wondered about the egg allergy and vaccines...
    Nope.  She had her reaction to eggs just before the flu shot.  The pediatrician said that kids with a mild reaction (rash) are typically fine.  As a precaution we stayed in her office for 10 minutes after the shot.  Totally fine.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is just a random Sunday night vent/pity party. I have been so annoyed with everything/everyone the last couple of days. I cried twice today over something stupid - a complete misunderstanding between DH and I, which is unlike me. I hate feeling over emotional.

Pretty sure I just need a nap.