Baby Names
Options

Girl name help!!

Hi :)
We are expecting a girl in April. We are looking for a name. On our list is Blake, Charlee, Nora, Cora.

I have a boy Carter and a girl Avery. We like unisex as well as girly. But we are finding a name that jumps out.
Riley, Quinn,Olivia,Reagan, Gracie are not options due to family
Thank you so much

Re: Girl name help!!

• Options
    Marlowe, Morgan, Kendall, Taylor, Rowan, Shea, Kennedy, Devon, Marley, madigan, teagan, tierney, piper, Ellery, makenna,
  • Options

I see you like Charlie/Charlee; have you considered it as a nickname for something like Charlotte or Charlize? 

Married since August 2012

Baby #1 ~ DS ~ May 2014

Baby #2 ~ Due April 2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nora and Cora are great. Drop charlee, even if you decide to go "unisex" your daughter deserves a full name, not a nickname. It also doesn't make sense with your other kids names.

Suggest

Sloane
    Meryl
    Veda
    Frances
    Rowena
    Hazel
    Gail
  • Options
    I like Cora
  • Options
    Conky3000Conky3000 member
    edited November 2015

I like Nora best. I agree with the previous poster about Charlee...not keen on nicknames as full names, and I personally am especially not keen on the spelling. If you're doing a boy's name, do a boy's name. Don't change the spelling to feminize it.

For the record, my MIL was really pushing for us to name our baby Charlie (a girl) and suggested Charlotte as the full name to sweeten the deal. They're both lovely (though Charlotte is way too popular for my liking), but we already have a name picked.

• Options
    Love Blake!

I think @baby'smom had some great suggestions.

TBH- and this may not be popular but since your daughter is Avery (which I love) I would do another unisex name for this daighter... I don't love the way Avery sounds with something super feminine like Amelia for example.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I agree. There some pretty girly names but my daughter has a unisex name and I though. Girly names didn't fit that well. My husband is Riley, I'm Alex (alexandra) and then Carter and Avery. Lots of unisex names.lol so even if it's not unisex, it can't be something super girly.
  • Options
    Kinley is on my list also. Not 100% about it but it's different and not super girly.
  • Options
    With the exception of Blake Lively, I don't really consider Blake unisex.
    I think Charlotte, nn Charlee is okay but Charlee by itself is too cutesy for a full name in my opinion.
    I love Nora, but I like Cora best with your other kids' names.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Kinley is on my list also. Not 100% about it but it's different and not super girly.
    It's not very different. I know or have heard of several babies named Kinley. I think it'll end up being a name like Tiffany, very specific to a certain time period and then not really used much. Definitely not a name that will age well.

• Options

It's not very different. I know or have heard of several babies named Kinley. I think it'll end up being a name like Tiffany, very specific to a certain time period and then not really used much. Definitely not a name that will age well.

Then you add the Kinsley, Tinely, Henley, tinsley, Kinsley etc and it's th new Aiden of trendiness.

• Options
    I love Cora. It's not overly used either, which is nice
  • Options
    Drop Charlee and Blake. They are all boy (even with the ee at the end). Cora and Nora are both really nice. I would go with Cora because I think Nora is getting kind of popular. Given your style, I also suggest Kendall, Hadley, Payton, Reese and Sydney.

• Options
    That's for all the suggestions. I love Kendall but that's my brother in laws name :(
  • Options
    Nora or Cora

Blake is my dogs name
    Charlee is just awful
  • Options
    My sons name is Carter. Love the name! ;)
    My nieces name is Blake. My sister gets compliments NONSTOP on the name. She's such a Blake, also. Beautiful, tough(3 older brothers), and takes over all attention when she walks in a room(without saying a word). I secretly wanted that name for a daughter but she beat me to it! I have a 'boys' name also, and would like a daughter with it, too. That being said, if parents start naming girls Carter I'll be annoying AF. Ha!

My vote is Blake!
  • Options
  • Options
    I like Cora and Nora. No to Blake and Charlee.
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!!
  • Options
    I just met the most adorable Nora ever and now I am obsessed with the name! I grew up with someone same Charleigh.
  • Options

I find it super bothersome when people claim to like "unisex " names, but worry that their sons name might be associated with girls. Either you like unisex names for both sexes, or you like masculine names and are perpetrating that feminine names, and by extension feminine qualities are inferior.

:( sexism hurts everyone.

SOO much yes to this.

With that said, I vote Cora.
  • Options
    I like Nora. :smile: Reminds me of the singer/music artist Nora Jones!