August 2016 Moms

Symptoms So Far??

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know we're just starting our first trimester but I'm curious what symptoms moms have had already.

Every day is a surprise for me. Last night I was woken up by the worst bout of nausea I've ever had in my entire life-my brain was in panic mode. I managed to fall back asleep but now I'm incredibly dizzy.

Any tips for nausea or other symptom stories?

Re: Symptoms So Far??

• I've been a little dizzy as well but luckily no nausea yet. Mostly I feel bloated and SO THIRTSY! I'm chugging water like crazy!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Just sore breasts over here. I'm trying to stay positive as my hpt lines are becoming lighter each time :(
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been thirsty lately also. Stuffy nose to where I feel like I can't breathe daily. I've had a healthier appetite as well. Wondering what will be next...
  • My symptoms have been fairly mild, almost non-existent, until today. Last week I noticed a craving for sour cream & onion chips, which, after 2 bags, turned to disgust (generally speaking I love s&c chips, now the smell makes me ill). I had my first bout of naseau  Thanksgiving morning. I was eating a bowl of grits and some milk when it just hit me. Later in the day the smell of the fudge my MIL made for Thanksgiving hit me hard and had me having to leave the room. 
  • +1 here on the thirst and nausea. I also have to pee constantly, which is odd because I'm dying of thirst at the same time.

For the nausea so far I have found some ginger candy that is spicy but does the trick, and also I've started eating a protein snack before bed so I don't wake up nauseous anymore!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Breasts are swollen and sore, thirsty, bad acid reflux, bowel troubles... all sorts of fun.  @JenniferMasters no nausea for me yet but my sister had it bad and they sell Ginger pops which she found helpful (they are in the feminine aisle at Target if you have a Target near you).  She also kept crackers with her all of the time.
    Me: 31
    DH: 35
    Married: August 2009
    TTC#1: June 2015

• Sore breasts for sure. I also have mild cramping. I don't feel nausous per se, but I do just kinda feel "ehhh" all the kind. I don't feel extra crappy after I eat so my appetite has been garbage! 

I am always thirsty and always pee so that's nothing new to me! :)
    Married 09/2014
    BFP #1 11/19/15 | DS 07/16/2016
    BFP #2 09/03/17 | EDD 05/17/2018
  • No symptoms here. My last two pregnancies I didn't have symptoms until 5-6 weeks.
    Me (23) & DH (26)
    TTC #1 since 2/2015
    BFP 2/26/15    |     EDD 11/4/15     |     Natural M/C 3/11/12 @ 6 weeks
    BFP 6/17/15    |     EDD 2/26/15     |     Empty Sac 7/13/15  @ 7 weeks     |    D&C 8/10/15
    BFP 11/26/15  |     EDD 8/9/16       |     Natural M/C 12/2/15 @ 4 weeks
    BFP 1/4/16      |     EDD 9/8/16       |     It's a BOY!                                      |     Hudson born 9/16/16
    Working with RE to begin infertility testing 12/2015

• @Merocket59 that's a great tip-thank you!! I bought cheese sticks and crackers as a start
  • I feel like I'm starving. All. The. Time. I used to never feel hungry, now I'm ravenous.

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Some sore boobs and some mild cramping and lower back pain. The cramping and back pain make me super nervous, as we suffered a mmc over the summer. I'm terrified every time I go to the bathroom. Can first tri be over yet??

LFAF April Siggy: TV/Movie BFFs

BFP #1 12/2012, DS born 8/2013
    BFP #2 7/2015, MMC and D&C 9/2015
    BFP #3 11/2015, CP
    BFP #4 1/2016, DD born 10/2016

• I have been more exhausted the normal....I take naps and I was in bed by 9:30 last night. I'm also kinda bloat and sometimes a little dull crampy. Oh and I'm like almost always hungry.
  • I've honestly been pretty nauseas already. Also have had a weird pain in my lower left abdomen a few times which I hope isn't anything bad. This is my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect.
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• 1faceinacrowd1faceinacrowd member
    edited November 2015
    So far I have sore breasts and lower back aches. No nausea yet, thank goodness!
    Me: 25  DH: 28

Hubby's little boy - my wonderful step-son - born 5/23/10
    BFP#1: 06/2010...my beautiful baby girl born 3/7/2011
    BFP #2: 10/24/15...mc on 10/31/15
    BFP #3: 11/27/15. EDD 8/6/16

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill
  • Mostly mega-bloat and gas.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Chest pain is still there and now extreme hunger and gas pain lol I have aches on the lower sides of my pelvis which I attribute to round ligaments and my body complaining about adjustments-it's mostly in the morning and evening but stretching and warm showers help
  • I tested because of extreme fatigue, strange cravings, nipple sensitivity, and nausea. I kept excusing them for random reasons, but they have been there- for sure. 

Baby O born 7/17/12

Baby T born 7/12/14
    Baby3 due 8/4/16
    <3
  • Juat sore breasts over here. I am also extremely tired. I didn't really get morning sickness with my first two but had cramps in my legs all the time.
  • Freezing constantly, cannot get warm to save my life.
    Waking up every 1.5 hours at night only (not during the day) to go pee.
    Dizzy spells.
    Fatigue, I'm not tired all day, but I can definitely take at least three short naps a day and tend to go to bed by 9.
    Smell sensitivity, but no nausea yet.

Differences from my first pregnancy:
    Last time my breasts were sore immediately and ached for a few weeks. This time no.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I forgot about the freezing feeling! 

Baby O born 7/17/12

Baby T born 7/12/14
    Baby3 due 8/4/16
    <3
  • Definitely agreed ioliodio! I thought pregnancy was supposed to make you feel warmer but I'm constantly fighting shivers. I dread going outside and my DH had to buy another space heater lol
  • Sore and heavy breasts, bloated yet rock hard stomach (instant abs! haha!), and I have been so tired.  I literally cannot get enough sleep.  I have been so overheated which is a huge change from always being freezing cold.  

• Just getting out of breath easily and really thirsty. These are the same things I had right away with DS.
    Daisypath - RkZ5
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • I have been feeling extremely tired all the time. I have been getting up 2 to 3 times a night to go to the restroom. I usually can not go back to sleep after the first time getting up. So I've been waking up throughout the night and not barely sleeping. Only one morning of sickness soo far. Anyone know what I can do about the sleepless nights and headaches.
  • I have been feeling extremely tired all the time. I have been getting up 2 to 3 times a night to go to the restroom. I usually can not go back to sleep after the first time getting up. So I've been waking up throughout the night and not barely sleeping. Only one morning of sickness soo far. Anyone know what I can do about the sleepless nights and headaches.
    Tylenol is safe for pregnancy to help with headaches.  I believe Benadryl is also safe which would help you sleep if you were willing to do that.
    Me (23) & DH (26)
    TTC #1 since 2/2015
    BFP 6/17/15    |     EDD 2/26/15     |     Empty Sac 7/13/15  @ 7 weeks     |    D&C 8/10/15
    BFP 1/4/16      |     EDD 9/8/16       |     It's a BOY!                                      |     Hudson born 9/16/16

• That's what I'm doing :) I have the same problem-I wake up after 4 hours and can't get back to sleep. My dr said Benadryl otc is safe. I get random hives so when I have a bad day I take one in the evening and it helps me sleep better too :)
  • With my first pregnancy, I had it really easy-- very few symptoms (sore breasts and tired my first trimester, then vicious heartburn). I'm hoping this one will be similar.

Thus far, I've just been really tired and have had a little bit of heartburn. Guess we wait and see what the next few months have to offer!
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• 2 symptoms I hadn't heard of before but that are apparently totally normal lol lots of burping and nosebleeds O.o
  • 2 symptoms I hadn't heard of before but that are apparently totally normal lol lots of burping and nosebleeds O.o

Burping is normal. Drink lots of water for the nosebleeds. We have more blood pumping through our veins with baby growing and staying hydrated is really important.
    Me (23) & DH (26)
    TTC #1 since 2/2015

• I've been crazy thirsty lately and have been peeing a lot! I had a 3 day bout of naseau last week, thought it was a little bug because I didn't know I was pregnant yet nor did I think I would already be having symptoms.
  • My main symptoms are dizziness and hot flashes mixed with extreme cold spells.  I'm so nervous about this first trimester! I can't deal with nausea.

I've been snacking on cheezits every couple of hours, and I think it has helped keep the dizziness from turning into nausea.

• I have some mild cramping (nothing too bad and luckily no bleeding). I'm hoping that it's nothing to be concerned about. Doc said it was completely normal. Yay!! Won't know more until our U/S in a couple of weeks.

I have been having to pee a lot more frequently, but I'm also downing water a lot more too...so....

The one thing I have noticed is a huge onset of tiredness. I am exhausted!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sore breasts and tired. Also some cramping, hoping that's normal. This is my first so I have no idea what to expect.
  • meg32il said:

Sore breasts and tired. Also some cramping, hoping that's normal. This is my first so I have no idea what to expect.

Cramping in the 1st Tri normal. If you get heavy red bleeding plus cramping that's bad. Your uterus is expanding and preparing to grow with baby that's why you get the cramping.
    Me (23) & DH (26)
    TTC #1 since 2/2015

• Serious bloating! I look like I am about 6m along! I have been peeing a lot too and occassional cramping
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • So tired. Last pregnancy it was my only 1st tri symptom, but I can't believe it is starting so soon this time.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Now to add up the sore breasts and slight cramps I had a bit of light pink spotting...
  • So far I have been having some mild cramping and little twinges or pulling way down low so I'm just assuming it's from everything starting to stretch and expand. Oh and I can't forget that my boobs feel heavy not necessarily sore. Also I want to eat everything in sight!
  • I am thirsty and having to pee a lot but that is pretty much the usual for me! Might be a little bit more than usual. 

Tender breasts and kind of tired. I have had a couple short moments of nausea usually when I'm hungry, some slight food aversions, moodiness, light cramping/twinges and some spotting. 

I kind of can't wait to have more symptoms just for my own reassurance that I am still pregnant! Right now I can't help but keep testing every day just to make sure.