June 2016 Moms
Options

THURSDAY SYMPTOMS

Most of you have Thanksgiving, but since I'm here in Canada & stuck at work I figured I'd start the symptoms thread today for @mrsschmity (hope that's okay).

Please preface your post with ***QUESTION BELOW*** if you have a question that you'd like feedback on!

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Rants/Raves?

GTKY: Since it is Thanksgiving for most of you, what are you most thankful for?
Me: 30 || DH: 32
Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave

Re: THURSDAY SYMPTOMS

• Options
    How far along are you?
    9+5

How are you feeling?
    Not the best. My stomach has been a hot mess...throw in the nausea & heartburn & it's a real party here. I just keep reminding myself this will all be worth it.

Rants/Raves?
    I bought a new car last night! We didn't expect to buy before Christmas but they had a great deal on (threw in a full set of winter tires, too)...so we couldn't pass it up. :)

I'm thankful for my DH...he drives me crazy, but he is so good for me. I still can't believe I'm lucky enough to spend forever with my best friend (since we're all loving the cheese, haha). I'm also thankful for my supportive & loving friends & family, my pup, a roof over my head, & a job.

SaveSave
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11w1d

How are you feeling? Not terrible. Nauseous and a headache that won't go away since last night.

Rants/raves it's fricking cold here today. Ugh. I should be prepared but still.

GTKY Canadian and already had Thanksgiving weeks ago. I'm thankful for my husband and kids.

@DeePaddy24 where do you live?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cmillar36 I'm in Ontario...about an hour SW of Toronto. You?

SaveSave
  • Options
    IncandescentIncandescent member
    edited November 2015
    How far along are you? 13 weeks today!!! I couldn't find the Thursday ticker change last week, or today so I will post here :)

How are you feeling? Unfortunately my appetite is back! But it feels so good to like the taste of food again. And I can sort of brush my tongue again, before it was just uncontrollable gagging. More energy. Hormonal!

Rants/Raves? I had a breakdown about the kids the other morning, because we are visiting family, and I was trying to keep them quiet, and it was sooo cold, and I couldn't figure out how to work his heater. I was livid and about to cry by the time DH got up. I think his dad heard me crying about it, because every morning since the heat has been left on for us.

My husband and kids, I love them so, even when they are annoying ;)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10+...4? I think, haha

How are you feeling? Not too bad. Tired I guess. Was barfy this morning but fought it off with Diclectin and food.

Rants/Raves? Had a bit of a stressful morning because I slept in. Spent my night last night lying in bed thinking about how much I hate some people that are in my life and desperately trying to work out an exit strategy. I think it is time for some big life changes...in addition to the new baby which is its own big life change!

GTKY: Since it is Thanksgiving for most of you, what are you most thankful for? Here's where I might get weepy. I am so overwhelmingly thankful for my big family full of wonderful people full of love. Especially my sweet supportive husband and my bright, spirited little girl. And my wise, affectionate parents, and my talented and very unique siblings, and my huge mob of fascinating "little" (some are much bigger than me) nieces and nephews, and my quirky friendly in-laws...too much awesome, too much love, so happy to bring another person into this big loving family.
  • Options
    Thanks for starting today's thread @DeePaddy24!

We are on our way to Thanksgiving number one right now, so I figured I'd hop on TB quick and see how everyone was doing!

How far along are you? 11+5

How are you feeling? Tired, but that's about it. I've also been noticing an uncomfortable feeling when I lay flat on my back...almost like a heavy, pulling feeling on my uterus. I will probably stop sleeping on my back now.

Rants/Raves? Ready to eat all the food and enjoy some quality time with family!

I'll jump on the sappy train. I am so very thankful for my husband, our dog and huge wonderful families. This little human inside me is so loved already and I can't wait to bring a new member into our family traditions. We are surrounded by love and for that I feel like the richest girl in the world.
  • Options
    SMLmomSMLmom member
    edited November 2015
    We are on our way to Thanksgiving number one right now, so I figured I'd hop on TB quick and see how everyone was doing!

How far along are you? 9+5

How are you feeling? Pretty nauseated all day so far.  I think I'll start diclectin on the weekend.  I just remember it making me SO drowsy in my last pregnancy- and certainly not eliminating nausea- that I keep putting it off.  

Rants/Raves? Glad that my OBGYN thinks that my uterus is growing well and in line with my dates.  Too early to hear hb on her doppler but that's reassuring anyway. Oh and my boss being so awesome about me missing an important date at work to have my next appointment.

GTKY: Since it is Thanksgiving for most of you, what are you most thankful for?  Right now?  A job that has me sitting down most of the time.  It's a real blessing throughout pregnancy and I feel very lucky.  Haven't had to take time off yet (except for appointments).  Also- family has been really helpful the past few weeks in looking after my 2-year-old when I can't.
  • Options
    @SMLmom I always think "Diclectin doesn't do anything! I'm sick anyway!" but then I try to come off it and it's a thousand times worse, haha. I'll take the exhaustion. Hope it helps you more this time around.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10+5

How are you feeling? Made it on a 2 1/2 hour ride without puking!!!!

Rants/Raves? Just realized that Bloomingdales sells UppaBaby so I am using my $400 gift card to get the stroller basically 1/2 off... I am so excited it's actually sad.

GTKY: Since it is Thanksgiving for most of you, what are you most thankful for? This little baby and the wonderful husband who got my KTFU ;)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    9w6d

How are you feeling?
    Nauseous this morning but no puking which was nice. We did thanksgiving lunch instead of dinner and I managed to stomach some of it which is always good. Now I'm just bloated...

Rants/Raves?
    Damn dog this morning was up at 4:30 because he had to pee, then again at 6:40 because he was hungry. I feel like I barely slept and am on my way to nap time.

I am thankful for my amazing family, my dog (despite his morning antics) and the little life growing inside me right now which still doesn't seem real.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    9w1d

How are you feeling? Not great. Usually my neasua goes away in the early evening so I'm hoping by the time we head to my parents I am feeling a little better.

Rants/Raves? DH didn't have to work today so he got up with the kids (this almost never happens) and made breakfast. I got to sleep in till 8. It's been so long since that has happened that I can't remember.

My family. All of them. Some are a pain in the ass at times but I'm still glad they are here and in relatively good health.

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    Okay I'm noticing something else and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing it or if I'm crazy.

I keep thinking my food tastes weird/bad. It's not like an aversion, where the thought of a food repulses me. But like, I was eating some grapes, and I was like "wtf is wrong with these grapes?" because they just had this nasty chemical taste. And now I'm eating chicken soup and it has this weird, off-putting metallic flavour. Both were just purchased yesterday and kept refrigerated so they haven't gone bad, it's just like my sense of taste is wonky. Am I crazy?
  • Options

Okay I'm noticing something else and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing it or if I'm crazy.

I keep thinking my food tastes weird/bad. It's not like an aversion, where the thought of a food repulses me. But like, I was eating some grapes, and I was like "wtf is wrong with these grapes?" because they just had this nasty chemical taste. And now I'm eating chicken soup and it has this weird, off-putting metallic flavour. Both were just purchased yesterday and kept refrigerated so they haven't gone bad, it's just like my sense of taste is wonky. Am I crazy?
    I normally love green beans and couldn't stand the taste of them today, they tasted bitter and just gross. I don't know if its normal but you're not alone at least.
  • Options
    @cmillar36 Small world. I'm from Winnipeg!
  • Options

I've experienced a metallic flavor a couple of times as well! Weird.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I've had the same issue too. Certain things are off putting. It is also very common for you to experience a metallic taste while pregnant. I had it happen to me during my last pregnancy.

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 13 weeks today.

How are you feeling? Normal. Don't hate me.

Rants/Raves? I was a little stabby earlier because one of my husband's relatives insisted that I write down a recipe for her even though I've told her you can easily get it online. She's fully capable of navigating the internets. Am I aware this a small, petty thing? Yes. Thank you for listening.

My beautiful, sweet, hilarious daughter, my incredibly wonderful husband, being in St. Louis with our families (we spent 4 years in TX for a PhD program), our health, grandparents who love our DD and this new baby so fiercely...and who babysit for free!!!!
    Oh...and grateful that this is the final year of my DH's post-doc and that he passed the EPPP (licensure exam--he's a pediatric neuropsychologist).

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I've had the same issue. My favorite salad that I'd been eating daily for months started tasting terrible a few weeks ago. A few other things have tasted off as well, but I am really bummed about the salad.
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 10+6

How are you feeling? Well I have been feeling pretty good until 10:00 this morning. I ended up vomiting and with diarrhea for about an hour. I laid down for awhile after but feel fine now. I'm going to try to eat something soon and hope it stays down.

Rants/Raves? I have been so excited for our little Thanksgiving for 2 today and was really upset about getting so sick. But I'm trying to rally. I've got the turkey in the oven and will finish the sides this afternoon. Hopefully I can also eat some of this food!

GTKY: Since it is Thanksgiving for most of you, what are you most thankful for? I'm so thankful for DH who is my lobster. He is so supportive and calm and I'm so lucky. I'm also thankful for our dog who gives us unconditional love, our families who are funny, loving, kind and a total blast to be around (I miss them today!), and my incredible friends. When I think about the people in my life, my heart swells.

And I'm so thankful for this little one growing inside me. I'm so excited to bring him/her into our family and traditions.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Scout27 your post caught my eye .... Am I the only one that has been having diarrhea way more often now that I'm pregnant?! Some days I won't go to the bathroom at all and then others it's bad!!
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    9w 1d

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good. Heaved once this morning, and then I've been fine other than this chest cold and random more frequent diarrhea as I said above. Ugh.

Rants/Raves?
    I'm sad I can't be home with my family for Thanksgiving. My husband and I went to a Japanese steak house just like we did last year and it just isn't as good... At least my sister will FaceTime me later so I can see everyone. Ahhh military life.

Let's see. I'm so thankful for my goofy husband and our two crazy dogs. I'm soso thankful to finally be able to be a mama, and to bring this baby into our wonderful family.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 12w6d

How are you feeling? First nausea free day in weeks. Hopefully a sign that second trimester will be easier!!

Rants/Raves? Dropped my phone in the kitchen and shattered the screen. Now I have to go Black Friday shopping against my will. :(

GTKY: Since it is Thanksgiving for most of you, what are you most thankful for? My hubby, our little one on the way, our families, and our two very spoiled kitties. Oh and also the fact that my husband landed a teaching job this year. His dream job! So proud of him and thankful that he has this opportunity.