Baby Names
Options

Boy names

theofranktheofrank member
edited November 2015 in Baby Names
We tend to prefer traditional, but some of them skew a bit 'old man'. I think it's adorable when little boys have grown-up names, but I also don't want to push it too far. I'd love to hear what you think.

Boy names 141 votes

Arthur
18% 26 votes
Oscar
18% 26 votes
Henry
34% 49 votes
Frank
4% 6 votes
Eric
17% 25 votes
Stanley (Stan)
6% 9 votes

Re: Boy names

• Options
    I voted Eric, but I like all except Stanley and Frank.
  • Options
    Stanley and Frank are my favorite. Solid names and little Stan and little Frankie are adorable. Personally I love older man names on little kids and they will spend more time as an adult so a big name is never a big deal

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I voted Arthur but also like Oscar and Frank. 
  • Options
    Voted Eric. I also like Arthur and Henry. But Eric is my favourite.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I didn't vote. None stand out to me as best. Possible negative associations: Oscar the grouch. Arthur from the kids book that wears glasses. Flat Stanley books.
    I think frank would be ok if it was Franklin.
  • Options
    I don't think Eric is old man like and it's a great name. However I chose arthur. We wanted to name our son that but we're worried about it sounding a little too old man like.
  • Options
    Eric is my choice too. Which is odd because i expected myself to vote elsewhere (LOVE Henry for example) but for some reason Eric held my attention. 
  • Options
    Frank is refreshing! Love it!!

• Options
    I voted for Arthur, but I think Frank and Stanley are great choices too. Henry is getting popular and I have found Eric to be a common name in my area - if that matters to you. When I hear Oscar, I think of Oscar the Grouch...
  • Options
    LOVE Stanley.
  • Options
    I voted Henry, but I'm biased on that one. Frank is my next favorite as a NN for Franklin. Frankie is such an adorable nickname on a little boy.
  • Options
    I like Henry best. It is getting more popular but I don't feel like it's too common. The others are too old man for me.
  • Options
    LOVEEEE Arthur.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    Oscar 100% throwing in Oliver to the mix too
  • Options
    Stanley is bad.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RubyRedPirateRubyRedPirate member
    edited November 2015
    My dad is named Frank and he works for the Stanley company! Funny enough one of his brother is Eric! I like Henry though because its so classic. My dad was called Frank the Tank when he was a kid.
    ME: 28 DH: 27
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Very interesting results!  The funny thing is that Eric was my husband's grandfather's name, which is the least 'old man-like' of the list.  It's a nice name, but I grew up with so many Erics that it feels a little too common.
  • Options
    I really like Arthur.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Love Eric.  I would totally use it but that's my brother-in-law's name.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options

I like Henry the best. Eric feels the most contemporary to me, not old man or old fashioned at all.

I have a little guy named Hugh, so am clearly not opposed to older man names for little boys (all old men were once little boys anyway) and I like them all  (Henry and Oscar most) but my least favourite is Stan. I prefer the full version, Stanley, over Stan for sure.

• Options
    I'm really surprised Arthur and Oscar are getting so much love!  Arthur is my favorite, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy. :-)