Baby Names
Options

Which middle name with Lucy?

m8881m8881 member
edited November 2015 in Baby Names
Due to family tradition for middle names these are the options but feel free to suggest a different first as it's not set in stone!

Which middle name with Lucy? 85 votes

Lucy Mamie
0% 0 votes
Lucy Lotus
2% 2 votes
Lucy Lois
3% 3 votes
Lucy Evelyn
69% 59 votes
Lucy Eve
21% 18 votes
Lucy Ethel
3% 3 votes

Re: Which middle name with Lucy?

• Options
    If all of those names are the same in terms of level of importance to you, I would nix Mamie (it rhymes with Lucy), Lois and Lotus (just my personal style, I'm not a huge fan of the alliteration). I voted Evelyn because I think it's a pretty name that goes well with Lucy, but I think Eve and Ethel are fine.
  • Options
    I pretty much agree with you word for word lol now to convince my husband we are thinking correctly!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lucy Evelyn by far....I find most of the others just don't flow well
  • Options
    Ethel isn't a good choice in my opinion because of the I love Lucy connection. Plus I don't think they flow well together.
  • Options
    Ugh yes I hadn't thought of that! Ethel was not a top choice anyway. Good point!
  • Options
    Lucy Evelyn is great. Lucy ethel also made me think of I love Lucy.
  • Options
    I actually voted Lucy Lois. It may flow ok depending on your LN. It's risky but kind of fun and it bounces off the tongue. 

Lucy Evelyn is the safest choice though. And it's quite nice too.
  • Options
    Lucy Evelyn is by far my favorite. Lucy Eve is nice too. Not really feeling the others.
  • Options
    Evelyn by far! All nice names but not a great flow with Lucy. Love Love Love the name Lucy!!!

• Options
    Lucy Evelyn is the only one that sounds ok together, in my opinion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    For the love of all things decent just scrap Mamie -- and Ethel too unless you plan on doubling down on the theme and naming your next born Little Ricky or something.

BTW my daughter is also Lucy. People always compliment her name and while it seems like it should be very popular, I really don't run into many other baby Lucys too often. Not yet atleast.
  • Options
    Lol @cortney227 no little Rickys planned here. And my 2nd is Henry and it's similarly popular but we haven't met so many that it's been a problem. Just a couple here and there.

Ok Lucy Evelyn it is! Thank you everyone!
    I still don't know if we are having a boy or girl yet but once I figure out middle name options for boy I might post again lol.