Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Has anyone miscarried at 12 weeks and is willing to share?

I had my first ultrasound two days ago and the baby was too small with a slow heartbeat. We've scheduled another ultrasound, but my doctor explained that there is most likely something genetically wrong with the baby and although we will determine the next step after the second ultrasound, that I will most likely miscarry. I've started bleeding a little and I'm concerned. I'm not sure what to expect as far as pain and timeline goes, so any feedback is much appreciated! Tough to go through and heartbreaking!

Re: Has anyone miscarried at 12 weeks and is willing to share?

• Options
    I had the same growth issues. I ended up mc at 10 weeks. had my d&c last Friday. good luck and positive vibes ❤️
  • Options
    I am sorry your ultrasound didn't look good.

I had a natural miscarriage at 11.5 weeks; previous ultrasound was at 8.5 weeks and everything looked great.
    I woke up at ~2am to go to bathroom, before I got out of bed, felt like water broke.
    Went to work ~8 (was in denial). Bleeding on and off throughout the morning, light cramps. Left to go to doctor. On drive over got severe cramps/contractions (labor like) and then I felt a "pop" followed by heavy bleeding, passed the baby. Not much pain after, just heavy bleeding.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was 12 weeks and went for a routine check up and there was no heartbeat.  Ultrasound confirmed that the baby quit growing at 9 weeks.  I saw the baby at 7 weeks for my first ultrasound.  I waited 2 weeks to miscarry naturally but didn't so I had a D&C.  I bled for about 2 weeks and then ovulated and had my first period about a month after the surgery.  I have had spotting which was not common before and my ovulation day has been late this 2nd cycle as well.
  • Options
    I haven't been through a mc at 12 weeks but just wanted to say I'm so sorry for what you're going through.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    Hi, I am so sorry you are going through this...

I had a missed miscarriage ( my 2nd loss) at my 12 week checkup in August, when they were going to do all the genetic testing. I was actually 13 wks based on LMP, but they adjusted based on us measurements which was always odd to me that it was about 10 days off since I was charting..

We had done a few ultrasounds and seen the heartbeat a couple of times and everything was going well. We told our 4 yr old right before walking in to the ultrasound room and he was so excited, he went in with us and was there through the whole thing, it was awful seeing the screen with no heartbeat, extremely traumatic and I am still suffering through this horrible loss. Definitely the worst moment of my life, he had stopped growing about 4 days before that...I had a D & C and chromosomal analysis showed that it was a boy and he had Trisomy 18.. :(

I wish you the best of luck and sending you a lot of strength while you go through this process. XOXO

Me: 38 DH: 42.
    Married: 9/2008.
    4/2010 - BFP (Natural)
    12/2010 - DS born.
    8/2014-TTC#2 
    10/2014 BFP
    10/2014 Confirmed MC at 5 weeks
    5/2015 BFP
    8/2015 MMC & D&C at 13 weeks  :'(
    11/2015 BFP then CP at 6 weeks.
    3/2016 Started IVF+PGS
    4/2016 ER, only 5 eggs but 3 Frozen embryos made it to freeze. Only 1 PGS normal embryo.
    DOR
    Hypothyroidism
    MTHFR
    DH Sperm with Chromosomal Issues (high % FISH)
    AMH .65
    8/2016 FET #1 BFN
    9/2016 IVF-ER #2  1 normal embryo.
    11/2016 IVF-ER #3  0 Embryos
    2/2017 FET #2 BFP CP at 6 weeks.
    5/2017  BFP Natural. 3 Betas were ok. First US 5-31-2017. Hope it sticks and is healthy!!

• Options
    So sorry for your loss. I had a mmc and a D&C about 2 weeks ago.

*so sorry for my long, long post*

I went in for my 12 week U/S first thing in the morning (so I could start my day off with good news and not have to wait all day) but the baby only measured 9 weeks and had no heartbeat. I had a gut feeling something was wrong when the sonographer had the baby on the screen for about 5 seconds then decided to measure my ovaries first. I had no signs of a mc. Still had all the signs of being pregnant.

I truly was crushed and what made it worse was that I was alone in the room when the radiologist confirmed the news of what the sonographer saw. My husband and 3-yr-old were in the waiting room because they don't allow kids under 5 in the room. When I came out, my husband looked so happy, and asked how it went. All I could do was shake my head no and just broke down.

Had an appointment with my OBGYN, who is a family friend (I've known her since I was 8 and she delivered both my husband and son), right after my U/S and the U/S place forgot to call my doctor's office. So when the MA weighed me she made a comment of, you look so good and don't even look pregnant, I responded well I'm not really I guess any more. Her comment hurt but I couldn't get mad at her because she had no clue.

After that appointment, I ended up going to work...crazy, I know. But I knew if I was at home if be a total wreck. I needed to be around people, I guess to trick my brain in thinking things were fine and 'normal.' I work at a children's hospital, where I coordinate surgeries, so not an easy environment to go to after news like I received that morning. I only broke down once but it ended up being in front of my division director, division chief and 3 of my surgeons I schedule for. I had already told 6 of my 11 surgeons and some co-workers.

My doctor fit me into her OR schedule the next day to get my D&C. I was calm and not really emotional in the pre-op area or walking into the OR and getting positioned. But in the recovery room I remember my doctor waking me up and letting me know everything went fine. After she left I broken down for a few minutes because it was official, I wasn't pregnant any more. The nurse handed me a tissue and took me to get ready to get discharged.

I've had a rough time emotionally and mentally with my mmc as I found out the Sunday before my U/S, my best friend and I were only 2 weeks apart, her first child. And then the day before my U/S, I found out 2 other friends were due in May, same month as us. And I found out the other day another friend is due in May as well.

We had to break it to my son that he wasn't going to be a big brother right now. My husband explained to him that there was an accident and there is no longer a baby in mommy's belly.

As much emotional/mental pain I'm in, I've been lucky to have great support at home and also at work. My husband has been my rock at home and shoulder to cry on. My co-workers and surgeons have gone above and beyond in making my sure my well being is okay and sharing their own stories. Letting me know I'm not going through this alone.

I don't have any advice on how to cope or what would be the next steps but all I can say is what others have said to me that has somewhat helped; you are not alone, don't give up and even though it hurts now and will in the future you will be okay.

Best of luck in during this time.

Again, sorry so long.