August 2015 Moms

What's in your pump bag?

I am packing my pump bag for work. What's in your bag?

Re: What's in your pump bag?

• I pump twice at work and I bring:
    2 sets of pump parts in 2 separate zip lock bags. That way after they are dirty they can remain separate. I read you can put them in the fridge between pumps but I'm just getting over ductal thrush and I'm a little paranoid about keeping things clean.

5 pump bottles and 5 caps. Depending on your milk supply , you'll have to adjust.

Hands free bra.
    Electric pump. It would be wise to also keep a manual pump in your bag in case you forget some parts. I have yet to put mine in there.

Motrin. I often get clogged milk ducts and Motrin really helps with the pain and it seems like it helps release the milk when all my other interventions fail.

I also keep an a.c. adapter in my bag in case I have to pump in the car, which Ive done several times.

A little blanket in case I pump in the car and need to cover up.

So much stuff to tote around!
  • I bring my pump and just one set of parts (my bag isn't very big).  After pumping I use those quick clean wipes and store my parts in a zip lock bag and put it in the refrigerator.  I also keep little breast milk bags and pour the milk from the bottle into the bag.  I bring a few magazines to read while pumping, my hands free pump bra, my lactation plus pills, brewers yeast pills and a bottle of water.  Oh and some of that nipple cream as well for afterwards.  I keep my car adapter in my glovebox and I keep my pumping cover in the trunk when I pump in the car. 

When I get home everything gets washed and set out to use for tomorrow. 

• Loading the player...
  • I have a second pump for at home, so everything for the week goes with me on Monday.

I have 5  4-6 oz bottles and lids, 5 8-10 oz bottles and lids, a towel, a bottle cleaner, dish soap, and one set of flanges.

In my classroom I have a mini fridge, and a sink with working hot water. That means that I can wash everything each use, or throw it in the fridge if I need to. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Here's my bag: electric pump with ac adapter, cooler bag with ice pack, 6 empty bottles, hands free bra, nipple cream, spare breast pads, one set of tubing, 6 shields and 2 valve/membrane sets.

At work I have stored: a box of plastic ziploc bags, painters tape, Medela cleaning wipes, Lysol wipes for any spills, hand sanitizer, freezer bags, and a receiving blanket.

I took a minifridge into my office where I store the valves in ziplocs in between pumping sessions. This cuts down on the washing at night. You can do the same with the shields but I use a new set each time instead of cold shields! I use the painters tape to label the bottles after I pump. I cover up with the receiving blanket while pumping (even though my door is locked, it makes me feel better). I also use it to catch any drips when I'm disassembling so my clothes don't get milk on them. I take it home every Friday to wash. The Medela wipes are just for emergency needs. I've only used them once when I forgot to bring home my dirty shields to clean and had to wipe them down the next morning. I rarely use the freezer bags at work. Occasionally I'll pump more than 4 bottles total so I put the last bit in a freezer bag. The Medela cooler only holds 4 bottles but I can fit a freezer bag with milk on top of the bottles if needed so they stay cold on the way home.

Hope that helps!
  • marieva said:

I bring my pump and just one set of parts (my bag isn't very big).  After pumping I use those quick clean wipes and store my parts in a zip lock bag and put it in the refrigerator.  I also keep little breast milk bags and pour the milk from the bottle into the bag.  I bring a few magazines to read while pumping, my hands free pump bra, my lactation plus pills, brewers yeast pills and a bottle of water.  Oh and some of that nipple cream as well for afterwards.  I keep my car adapter in my glovebox and I keep my pumping cover in the trunk when I pump in the car. 

When I get home everything gets washed and set out to use for tomorrow. 

This! Same here.
  • Hands free bra
    Medela wipes
    Kiinde bags to pump into
    Clorox wipes
    Extra batteries
    Medela microwave sanitizing bags
    Extra pump parts
    Freezer bag to put milk in
    Water to drink!

I saw someone else mention it but I read in a book (work,pump,repeat) where you refrigerate your falanges between pumps and you don't have to wash them between pumping sessions. It saves a ton of time.