TTC After a Loss
Options

Intro (MC & LO mentioned) & a question

Just wanted to post a little intro here for when we are ready to TTC again. I just recently  MC'd at 9 weeks, baby was only measuring 6 with a non-measurable heart rate. 
I have one LO already (18 mos. took over a year to conceive) and have a black belt in temping and chart analysis. I hope I can be a source of support and hang around with you all here for a bit if you'll have me!

Now a question...Did anyone suspect any hormone issues prior to or during their lost pregnancy? I am still breastfeeding, minimally only at night before bed, and had a feeling something was up before I got pregnant and then while pregnant I had many of the symptoms that I have just before my period was due such as cold sores etc. I also had minimal pregnancy symptoms which should have probably tipped me off... Anyways, if you did suspect a hormone issue did you request any testing from OB after miscarrying? 

Re: Intro (MC & LO mentioned) & a question

• Options
    AL_TwinCitiesAL_TwinCities member
    edited November 2015
    I'm sorry for your loss. I don't have any advice on your question but maybe you'll hear from others. The miscarriage/loss board might be another good place to ask this question.

Welcome back to TTCAL.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss.

With my first loss it was very early, and from what I've read/researched you can't really explain exactly why it happened but the #1 cause I've found listed was genetic abnormalities. I was at peace with the thought of it just wasn't meant to be this time. I also have an autoimmune disease which increases my chance of m/c's. After my second loss I'm sure there has to be more than "bad luck" or due an abnormality, so I requested testing from my OB and he is willing to put me through some of the routine infertility blood work.  
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think my first loss was chromosomal (MMC at 9 weeks, baby measured 6).  A week before the cycle that I got pregnant again, my temps were lower than usual and I had brown spotting several days before AF.  The temps in the pregnant cycle were lower than usual as well. I never got symptoms and it ended up being a chemical pregnancy.  I'm on my third cycle since the CP and my temps are still lower and the spotting before AF has continued.  Long story short, I'm getting my progesterone checked in about a week.  I wonder if low progesterone was the cause of my CP.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    BornReady I'm so sorry for your loss! :(

I actually did somewhat suspect a hormone issue. My temps the cycle I got pregnant were strangely low and erratic. I had high pre-O temps with quite a few over the cover-line then super low (for me) temps just before O. I had a slow climb up from O and while my temps did stay above the cover-line by a decent amount the cover-line wasn't placed to cover the majority of my pre-O temps so I don't know about that.

When I first found out I was pregnant at 3w1d I had sore boobs, some mild nausea, bloating, heartburn. Ya know, the things you'd expect to see. My boobs actually got less sore as the pregnancy progressed. The nausea went away and never really came back. I'd still have some occasional bloating and heartburn. I was still unbelievably exhausted all the time. I had just enough pregnancy symptoms to keep me from freaking out and to keep me feeling pregnant but somehow it didn't seem right.

I miscarried over the weekend and my doctor did some blood work today to check my hormones. She also suggested I have my progesterone checked early on if/when I get pregnant again to make sure I don't need progesterone supplementation or something.

Hopefully we get our take-home rainbow baby soon.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    So sorry to all. M/C is such a heartbreaking event no one such have to go through.
    With regards to the causes Ive spent ages pouring over the scientific lit and while there has been some research it is still very much under studied. Hormones can play a part but so can lots of other factors. The only way to know really is to be tested. Is that something that is available for you? For me it has been really hard to find the cause of each of my m/c as dr's won't investigate unless it has occurred multiple times around the same time (maybe this is just in the UK though).
    where is every one from btw?
  • Options
    chevo123 said:
     The only way to know really is to be tested. Is that something that is available for you?
    where is every one from btw?
    I did have some testing done in 2013 when I was doing my fertility testing. Everything then was just fine. I think my questions now is mostly just lingering thoughts from breastfeeding and some of my symptoms. I also delivered my LO prematurely, and they say that I will be put on progesterone after week 20 in future pregnancies. I guess I"m just wondering what about early in the pregnancies? Questions to ask when I go back to follow up !

Thanks for your responses ladies!