Trouble TTC
Options

Ovulating later on Clomid

Hi! I am day 14 with symptoms of a possible O, but my u/s today only had follicles measuring at 11mm & 9mm. Is it possible to O late? My FF says I won't O for 2-3 more days & I got a my first flashing smiley on my opk yesterday & again today. I'm just wondering if I should get my hopes up or if I'll have to way until I see my RE in two weeks to see where we go. Hope you're all having a better start to your weekend!

Re: Ovulating later on Clomid

• Options
    I'm also on day 14 also and haven't ovulated yet. But with your flashing opk, that's a a good sign!
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    @Aera11 I would typically ovulate around cd16...I've read that with clomid it's typically 7 days after your last pill. Best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck! This is my first round of clomid so I will let you know when/if I O. Hopefully you will already know the answer by then!
  • Options
    Thank you @erinjoshua11 & @nberth!  Still getting a positive OPK today on Day 16 and my temp dropped.
  • Options
    I ovulated on CD15, but have no point for comparison on whether that is early or late as I was not ovulating on my own.
  • Options
    I'm day 24 after 100mg clomid and follie is now measuring 15.5mm after nothing for 20 days!
  • Options
    Lurker here.
    We were TTC for over 4 years by the time we gave up and saw a Dr. about it.
    It took us three cycles after going on Clomid.
    It made me gain about 5 pounds and my cycles were approximately 6-8 days longer. Every time, I had to keep telling myself, I'm not late, my cycle is just longer. It got my hopes up twice before having success.
    The successful cycle, I ovulated on day 17. Which was late compared to my normal day 12-14.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got a positive OPK today on Day 15 with a Clearblue but a negative with a Wondfo. I'm going to take it as a positive but I haven't ovulated since August so I'm not sure if this it late for me or not.
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Yeah based on my temp dropping & shooting up, I think it was CD17 that I ovulated. It was just weird because I only had the side cramps (no other symptoms like before) & I use two kinds of OPK's and one set was positive and the old school ones with the lines only had a faint second line.
    It was just discouraging because the nurse immediately ruled me out.
  • Options
    This is my first cycle on clomid and I'm having some similar issues. I've been testing negative on the Wondfo opk for over a year. This cycle I started using the Clearblue opk and got a positive last night for the first time ever. I was over the moon-excited! This morning I tried again and got a blinking smile (positive) with the Clearblue and a negative with Wondfo. I'm on cd 12, so it would be an early ovulation. I'm not sure if I can trust these opks! My temp did drop this morning, tho. 

----trigger warning----
    Married 11 years, DD born 9/2009, MC 1/2013
    TTC #2 since 2014, dx: unexplained annovulation,
    2 cycles of Clomid, MC 1/2016, BFP June 4
  • Options
    Last month I got a positive opk on CD18 but the tests slowly started getting dark at CD15. Now I am on CD16 and hardly see a line. If this month doesn't work, off to an RE I go! I'm telling my OBGYN I want to because I want more monitoring and it's nothing against him.
    DS born 2016
  • Options
    Hi there! This is my first cycle taking Clomid as well. I do ovulate regularly already, so doctor was hoping this would give me a stronger ovulation. I went in for an US on CD 13 and all was looking and progressing well but I still had a couple more days to go before ovulation. I finally got a positive OPK on CD 16, slight temp raise on CD 17, then a bigger temp raise (by .6) on CD 18. Before I took Clomid I was normally ovulating around CD14 or 15. My temps have been kind of crazy after I had a pos OPK (will be high but then dip down lower almost to cover line and then shoot back up). Confused about that. I've never had my progesterone level checked and was very clear with my RE that I wanted this checked to see what was going on. CD 21 test had my level at a 35. Fingers crossed that this is the month. So far the Clomid hasn't been too bad (if you rule out those crazy hot flashes that were going on while eating Thanksgiving dinner and it drying up the lady region for the baby making ) but all is it worth it for that BFP!!

Baby dust to you all ladies out there. I hope the holidays bring you all an extra special present this year :)
    Married: 05/13
    TTC: 08/14
    HSG: clear
    Sperm Analysis: No mobility issues
    Current Diagnosis: Unexplained infertility