November 2015 Moms
Options

What are you doing to stay sane?

2»

Re: What are you doing to stay sane?

• Options
    SballerinaSballerina member
    edited November 2015
    41 weeks 6 days. Struggling to rest at this point, since everyone says that is the most important thing to do now as baby will be here by Tuesday at the latest, whether by spontaneous labor or by induction on Monday. Though I am tired it is hard to truly rest. I can manage to stay still physically. The challenge is to stay mentally, spirtually, and emotionally at rest, trusting God for His reasons for why baby is still in! I tend to just think of all the nonessential but nice things I haven't done yet that I could do but might wear me out too much.
  • Options
    @Sballerina I was hoping for you! ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    37+6... and I'm still working. Can't tell if it's helping or hurting my sanity at this point, but I enjoy being busy for half of the day. They don't want me working past 2pm because apparently, I get an attitude in the afternoon... haha.
    But when I'm not working, either I'm watching NCIS/SVU re runs, or incessantly cleaning my house. Nesting is so real you guys... but I'm sure you know that. Lol
  • Options
    I have been making freezer meals for after baby arrives. I've made 13 so far! I also made padsicles, you should look them up for postpartum. I also go on at least 2 walks a day, I went to Michael's and got an adult coloring book which is both addicting and therapeutic! I also listen to an audio book while coloring. I am starting to go a little stir crazy and getting bored, so ready for the little guy to come! 2 days past due date. I bounce on the yoga ball a lot but worried that will pop before I do! Tomorrow I make red vlvet cupcakes and hoping that will be the day just like every other day the past 2 weeks
  • Options
    jenn811w said:

I have been making freezer meals for after baby arrives. I've made 13 so far! I also made padsicles, you should look them up for postpartum. I also go on at least 2 walks a day, I went to Michael's and got an adult coloring book which is both addicting and therapeutic! I also listen to an audio book while coloring. I am starting to go a little stir crazy and getting bored, so ready for the little guy to come! 2 days past due date. I bounce on the yoga ball a lot but worried that will pop before I do! Tomorrow I make red vlvet cupcakes and hoping that will be the day just like every other day the past 2 weeks

I was on Amazon yesterday and saw that the grown-up Harry Potter coloring book I ordered would be here on the 10th. That totally helped! Now, with that being said, LO will decide to make his appearance before then.
  • Options
    I have a month left of school, and 21 month old, meals to prep, and my husband and I have a house in escrow... Let's just say I have no problem if this baby holds on at least to her due date (the 19th) :) we are home birthing so I still a long list of things I need to do and my second midwife is out of town till the 14th. I did go crazy the last week of my last pregnancy with no toddler and no work... Just try to stay as busy as possible and sleep if you can!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Finally did some nesting this morning, was wide awake at 6, so around 7:30 I got up and reorganized all the baby clothes in the dresser, set up all the cloth diapers that just got delivered by our diaper service, set up the changing station and put the sheets on the crib mattress. Then I went to Target and picked up more thank you cards for my work shower gifts, and a can of pumpkin so I can make an awesome pumpkin pudding recipe I found. I may need a nap later...
  • Options
    MercyC1130MercyC1130 member
    edited November 2015
    semulcahy said:

jenn811w said:

I was on Amazon yesterday and saw that the grown-up Harry Potter coloring book I ordered would be here on the 10th. That totally helped! Now, with that being said, LO will decide to make his appearance before then.
    OMG, that's a thing?? Love. I'm looking into it right now.

Edit to say that it looks beautiful! And it's a good price actually. I'm putting that on my mental Christmas list for myself.
  • Options
    40+2 already. I'm spending most of my time baking and experimenting in the kitchen to kill time. It's the last few days of shameless eating :D
  • Options

I'm just pretending to have my shit together at this point really. I keep fighting with people for being/saying stupid stuff to me. I need to stop answering my phone and logging into Facebook.

Not sure I could like this more. I actually posted on FB today that I may or may not answer any texts, calls, etc from here on out because I just can't.
  • Options
    DH and I are sitting on the couch watching Rocky movies (1-5 are on Netflix). We're currently on #3 and haven't done anything else today. Sorry not sorry
  • Options
    Today we tore (well DH did I watched) our bed frame. It was rigged up anyways and in bad shape. So our beds on the ground and I an fine with that. DH touch up painted living room and foyer. I cleaned a bunch. Yep my sanity out the window due date today. We are both ready to meet our lil man. I was hoping it wouldn't take after DD2 and be late but he decided to. So I see my nerves getting shorter and shorter everyday this next week. And mom and MIL ask if anything going on I am punching you in my mind. Trust me you 2 are the first to know leave me alone.
  • Options
    I AGREE! I've gone mad!

I went from being in school full time and two jobs to nothing! (Graduated college and had to stop working around 6mo due to my health). My house can't get any cleaner, and I can't organize the babies room any more. My husband works almost 24/7 and I am GOING CRAZY. I am always home alone and none of my friends have children so they always go out. I've probably seen 2 of my friends since I have been pregnant (37 weeks). I've run out of things to do alone. Though this post had given me some good ideas. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    39 and a half weeks and I'm seriously considering continuing working ( as in going in to work Monday, although I know at this point I don't technically need to...). We've been busy unpacking in the new house and our toddler has been extra clingy so it seems like every day there's something to do... Still, I'd like to get an idea of when this baby is coming bc I can't sleep anymore due to the heartburn and weight! Also, our plans for thanksgiving & Christmas are at a standstill bc who knows when this baby will decide to come. At this point I'm looking at places that we can pick up a thanksgiving meal from, I don't think I'll be able to cook and I'll want to be left alone even though I knew already we wouldn't be visiting any family with a new infant. I have another appt Tuesday & hoping for some kind of news ....