November 2015 Moms
Options

What are you doing to stay sane?

I feel like I'm going crazy! My due date has passed so I'm not working anymore and I can't stand just sitting around. Everything is clean and ready for the baby. I've tried reading, watching movies, and doing other things I know I won't have time for after the baby comes, but none of it is helping to calm me down and/or pass the time. Anyone else feel this way and what are you doing to keep calm?

Re: What are you doing to stay sane?

• Options
    Well I'm not saying that I am staying sane.
  • Options
    I keep making more food and baking for my hubby and son
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bounce on an exercise ball while watching movies, go out to lunch/dinner with hubby. Walk the mall to keep moving if you can. Get a manicure and pedicure. Start Christmas shopping. Go to Target. Those are some things I plan on doing.
  • Options
    Dr. Said I could go to the hospital today if I wanted to since I'm 3 cm dilated but what for? I dont want to be induced so no thanks i'll wait till contractions come in on their own. I work 5 minutes from home so came to get some stuff done. Like have a sandwich at my desk lol
  • Options
    Sleeping while my Son naps and freezing meals!!
    My DH and I are expecting our first child! A boy.. we're thrilled :)http://www.thebump.com/profiles/kestes946/settings/avatar/index# BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My bf's parents take DD so I can "take it easy" and relax. So when she is gone I tell myself the dishes will magically wash themself and sit on the couch with my headphones in and music turned up lol sanity at its best for me.
  • Options
    I'm working on her baby book, making head bands, and today my mom came over to help me deep clean. I plan on meeting up with some friends next week and doing some last minute shopping.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am on bed rest for preeclampsia, so I am really struggling to stay sane! My nesting instincts have kicked in (37 weeks) but I can't do any of it. I am watching movies, napping, and have started planning what to buy family for Christmas. I keep trying to remind myself that i won't get a lot of alone time once LO gets here, so I should soak it up! Hang in there ladies.

Married DH December 2014
    Expecting DS#1 November 2015
  • Options
    Not sure I am sane at this point. Due sat and just focusing on going overdue helps me get through it. Went overdue with DD2 I think focus on that and him coming before then makes it easier. People are driving me crazy though saying I won't make it till due date well only got 4 days for him to not make it. He showing no signs of wanting to make his grand appearance.
  • Options
    I feel ya! My due date is today and I'm totally restless. Completely uncomfortable and can't sleep but I'm so tired and have all the time in the world to sleep....quite a pickle of a situation. The to-do list is complete and even worse I have strained the ligaments in my foot in the past month so I can't walk much either! I have caught up on tv shows, taking dog to the dog park and avoiding calls from family who won't calling for updates! There are none, leave me alone
  • Options
    My husband and I bought a house / sold our current house....let me say, that will speed up your last few weeks!! :) Another thing I am doing is buying anything I think I will run out of in the next couple months - cleaning supplies, make up, batteries, etc. Not that I won't get out at all after baby, but it is so much easier to have the things you know you will need on hand because there will be plenty you forget or didn't anticipate needing! Plus, Christmas is around the corner now so you could start decorating or shopping if you celebrate it! :)
  • Options
    I've been binge watching Criminal Minds on Netflix. But I'm also staying busy by cleaning a bit, writing thank you notes from my last shower, and napping. (Honestly - I feel like if you have the ability to nap at all, you should. I'm trying to get as much sleep as I can now before labor... I hear that's exhausting and at this point I could go into labor at any point, so I'd like to be well rested!)
  • Options
    Cleaning and napping, but my patience is quickly running out too.
  • Options
    Today I:
    1. Pouted and read waaaay too much internet
    2. Listened to Beyonce
    3. Went swimming
    and
    4. Baked these cookies. My hope was to freeze them for later but I might eat them before they make it to the freezer. https://www.theburlapbag.com/2012/07/2-ingredient-cookies-plus-the-mix-ins-of-your-choice/
  • Options
    41 weeks tomorrow and so ready for this baby to join us!! Thankful I had some idea this one might be late since my first two were late but seriously, I would have been okay with being wrong! Trying to stay sane for my kiddos sake by keeping us busy. Today was pretty low key. We got out to vote and that was it. Going to meet some other mamas for a bit of a break tonight. I was hoping baby would require canceling my plans. Lol
  • Options

Im not saying my husband already lost his marbles waiting for this baby, but today he decided to decorate the ceiling fan.

Ok that's adorable!
  • Options
    This symptom watching is driving me insane! I started maternity leave last Friday, and I'm already driving myself crazy with boredom and wondering when baby is going to arrive. Here's to hoping my fiancé and roommate understand my need to vacuum the entire house at 7am...
  • Options

Well I should be trying to unpack a little more, or at least clean up the painting mess in the nursery so DH can move the furniture in, BUT, I'm watching "Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!" and planning out a knitting project for the hospital.  Seems like a good use of my time.  Yep.

• Options
    I have been unable to work since June so I have been in sanity saving mode for a long time. At first I stayed off the internet, and cleaned my home. Then I went through a nesting phase and got the nursery done. Then I went through a crafting phase where I knitted gifts for everyone I know and made birthday cards for anyone I know who has a bday in the next six months after our son is born. I think I'd still be in that phase if my damn hands had not swelled up making it impossible for me to even write. So now I've been reading the board and looking at the birth announcement thread, that makes me feel like all this waiting and joint pain I've had will be worth it all, Christmas shopping early, watching tv shows about food, laundry, and loving up my dog. No matter what you do to stay sane people, I support you!!!!
  • Options
    Naps! Find a good book. If you like to read, you MUST read the Clan of the Cave Bear and the subsequent books. It's about a strong female character PLUS is looks into how babies were delivered thousands of years ago! Love the series. Author is Jean M Auel.
  • Options
    hacharles said:

Gapeach83 said:

Not sure I am sane at this point. Due sat and just focusing on going overdue helps me get through it. Went overdue with DD2 I think focus on that and him coming before then makes it easier. People are driving me crazy though saying I won't make it till due date well only got 4 days for him to not make it. He showing no signs of wanting to make his grand appearance.

I'm due Friday and keep getting asked is baby here yet while sitting at my desk at work.  Not quite sure I'm sane.  Not quite sure my co-workers are either since, no I didn't have my kid last night then show up to work today.  Grrrr.  I'm actually fairly stabbity. 

I walk into work everyday and say, "Yes, I'm still pregnant. Yes, it could be any minute or it could be next week. Yes, I'm tired but I'm fine." You'd think that'd be enough to stop the endless questioning---it's not.

I do this too. It doesn't stop everyone from asking again. I've also tried sarcasm - telling them I'm going to be shaped like this forever, that it's really a tumor, that I love being pregnant too much to quit now, that I had a baby last night but just love work too much to leave...if you find something that makes people stop asking please tell me!!!
  • Options

My last day of work is this Fri (EDD next Tues) and if baby doesn't come before then I'm planning to spend my time off reading, cleaning, and shopping for some last minute baby things (that aren't necessities...hence why we don't have them yet). I'll also probably treat myself to a mani/pedi, maybe a massage, and perhaps even make a solo mid-day trip to the movies. Basically I want to indulge in all the small luxuries that might be hard to do once baby arrives. But I'm sure that if baby takes his sweet time I'll be going mad after about a week of that.

• Options
    I've literally taken a bubble & Epsom salt bath every night since I've been pregnant. I'm obsessed. I prop my computer up on a chair in the bathroom and watch Netflix! Super relaxing! Today I took a trip to the laundromat to wash all our big blankets and rugs. Just lots of cleaning and trying to mentally/emotionally prepare for a natural birth as much as possible! 39 weeks on Saturday!
  • Options
    I was due 2 days ago and I think my sanity was intact right up until my due date passed. My parents flew in town 2 days BEFORE my due date and we are all just sitting around now twiddling our thumbs.

Every time I have a small contraction it drives me insane wondering if this is finally the real thing! My body is such a tease =(
  • Options
    smnewby said:

I was due 2 days ago and I think my sanity was intact right up until my due date passed. My parents flew in town 2 days BEFORE my due date and we are all just sitting around now twiddling our thumbs.

Every time I have a small contraction it drives me insane wondering if this is finally the real thing! My body is such a tease =(

This!
  • Options
    I had to start shutting off my phone during the day.  DH gets home from work and just deletes all the messages from people asking "Is baby here yet?".  Some people send them twice a day, it's way too much.  

Gapeach83 said:

I'm due Friday and keep getting asked is baby here yet while sitting at my desk at work.  Not quite sure I'm sane.  Not quite sure my co-workers are either since, no I didn't have my kid last night then show up to work today.  Grrrr.  I'm actually fairly stabbity. 
    I walk into work everyday and say, "Yes, I'm still pregnant. Yes, it could be any minute or it could be next week. Yes, I'm tired but I'm fine." You'd think that'd be enough to stop the endless questioning---it's not.
    I do this too. It doesn't stop everyone from asking again. I've also tried sarcasm - telling them I'm going to be shaped like this forever, that it's really a tumor, that I love being pregnant too much to quit now, that I had a baby last night but just love work too much to leave...if you find something that makes people stop asking please tell me!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same, my due date is today, every time I start getting contractions I try not to get my hopes up but it's hard!  Trying to take advantage of the extra days before baby arrives by finishing up assignments for the classes I am taking . . . it will be a lot harder once baby arrives!

smnewby said:
    I was due 2 days ago and I think my sanity was intact right up until my due date passed. My parents flew in town 2 days BEFORE my due date and we are all just sitting around now twiddling our thumbs. Every time I have a small contraction it drives me insane wondering if this is finally the real thing! My body is such a tease =(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    smnewby said:

This is why I told my parents not to fly out until 2 weeks after my due date. Otherwise they could be waiting around with me and not get to see the baby! I'm at a birth center, and they won't send you to the hospital for non-medically necessary induction until you get close to 42 weeks. With my luck, this kid will be two weeks late to just to spite me!
  • Options
    Today is my last day at work - sanity restored! Thank god bc some of my clients have been complete asshats this week. 12 hour days and new projects with one work day left, why not?? Glad that im done before smacking someone. Getting waxed, massage, mani-pedi and going shopping all planned for next week. (Edd 11/16)
  • Options
    41w2d. Sanity is gone.....