Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin - 11/02/2015

2»

Re: TTTC Checkin - 11/02/2015

• I'm so glad to hear trying a GF diet has been helping @twomommiestobe - it's amazing how many people feel great when they stop eating gluten!

My GI doctor is going to run a battery of tests on me, to see if there is anything going on still that might be related to my Celiac and/or might be impacting my fertility. They're checking my thyroid and doing a repeat endoscopy as well to see if I have healed since going GF 5 years ago. So it's good to have some next steps identified there!

And the acupuncture appointment was amazing! My acupuncturist asked me all kinds of health questions, and lots of questions about my cycle. We talked about my diet, energy level, whether I feel hot or cold most of the time, stress level, sleep...anything you could think of related to the overall health in addition to the TTC related questions. At my next appointment she will have a report for me, with a Chinese medicine diagnosis and a treatment plan including things I can do at home. The acupuncture itself was very relaxing. Some of the needles hurt for a second when she put them in, but that quickly went away and I came away from the session feeling relaxed and refreshed. I had told her about how I tend to feel tired all the time, and I swear I've had more energy tonight than I have in a long time! I am excited for next week! She wants to see me weekly for a while - I can use my HSA for the appointments so I'll probably keep it up for at least a month or two. I loved it!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• @GoldenKeys - Thanks for the welcome :)

First round of Clomid was a fail. On to 100mg after the Provera brings on my period again. Since I have a kidney disease and known fertility issues in my family, my gyno said one more try and then off to an RE. I'm scared, excited and nervous to get the process going with an RE if thats what we need to have a baby.

November brings my favorite part of the holiday season beginning, decorating!
    DS born 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm officially on the waitlist for IVF. So excited. I picked up my information package, and found out we were not candidates for traditional fertilization and that we would require ICSI, unfortunately at $1,500 additional cost. But if thats what it takes then bring it on! Planning on working like a mad woman to pay for the medications and ICSI. It was estimated to be worth roughly $4,500 for 1 round (medications $3,000 and ICSI $1,500). And the rest will be covered (ie. blood work, monitoring, harvesting and the transfer itself). Gonna wait for my phone call. And keep you guys posted.
    Me:28 (PCOS, DOR), DH: 32 (low morphology)
    TTC since March 2012
    2013-2014 - 6 rounds of Clomid - BFNs
    3 failed IUIs in 2015
    October 2015 - wait listed for IVF #1
    IVF #1 March 2016 - bfn, zero frosties!
    Femara cycle 1 May 2016 - POAS starting May 21st / beta testing May 25th....

• I'm officially on the waitlist for IVF. So excited. I picked up my information package, and found out we were not candidates for traditional fertilization and that we would require ICSI, unfortunately at $1,500 additional cost. But if thats what it takes then bring it on! Planning on working like a mad woman to pay for the medications and ICSI. It was estimated to be worth roughly $4,500 for 1 round (medications $3,000 and ICSI $1,500). And the rest will be covered (ie. blood work, monitoring, harvesting and the transfer itself). Gonna wait for my phone call. And keep you guys posted.

Sounds like you've got great insurance! Keep us posted!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards: