June 2016 Moms

Changed EDD by 17 days?

edited October 2015 in June 2016 Moms
According to my lmp I should be 9w3d today. Last Tuesday I would up in the er for dehydration and bleeding and they did an ultrasound. I should have been 7w6d and baby was measuring 6w1d. Baby had a heartbeat of 108.

Fast forward to yesterday, my first ob appt this pregnancy. We did an ultrasound and they said baby is measuring 6w6d and heartbeat was 158. Baby looked much different but still, only 5 'days' of growth over a week and a half? I'm worried, doc is not, they just moved my edd to what baby is measuring now. According to my current due date, I would have been 3w2d when I found out and that just seems crazy.

I've heard of slightly changing edd, but 17 days? Anyone else have this happen?

Attached u/s first from 10/20 then from 10/30

Re: Changed EDD by 17 days?

• According to my lmp I should be 9w3d today. Last Tuesday I would up in the er for dehydration and bleeding and they did an ultrasound. I should have been 7w6d and baby was measuring 6w1d. Baby had a heartbeat of 108. Fast forward to yesterday, my first ob appt this pregnancy. We did an ultrasound and they said baby is measuring 6w6d and heartbeat was 158. Baby looked much different but still, only 5 'days' of growth over a week and a half? I'm worried, doc is not, they just moved my edd to what baby is measuring now. According to my current due date, I would have been 3w2d when I found out and that just seems crazy. I've heard of slightly changing edd, but 17 days? Anyone else have this happen? Attached u/s first from 10/20 then from 10/30
    If you don't know when you ovulated, it's not crazy. Were you temping? I know that I ovulate later in my cycle, because I temp, so I won't be surprised if and when the doctors say I'm not as far along as my LMP would predict. 

Also, was it an ER doctor that gave you the first ultrasound. They might not be as experienced in that area, so I would trust you OB, and if he/she isn't worried, than you're probably fine.

I'm not sure how the hearbeats compare, so other posters may have more advice.

• The first u/s from the er was given to me in radiology, she's the same lady that does all anatomy scans etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Both pregnancies I was pushed back 10 days after seeing the sono. I guess even though I have a 28 day cycle I just ovulate a week and a half later than what they say is "normal." Everyone is different! I was a week and a half pregnant when I found out this time... With a dollar store test lol. So not too crazy! I'm sure they will do another sono to measure growth. I have another one scheduled too just to check even though this seems to be common for me.
  • @BlackAndGold09 also the ER I believe has a better machine and may actually be more on target. Not positive about that statement though. For some reason it's in my brain lol
  • edited October 2015
    Thank you everyone! Dr is very confident so we won't have another u/s until 22 weeks. I was just surprised it was pushed back so far, and baby didn't seem to be growing much
  • My edd based on my lmp would be May 22nd but I am due June 7th based on 2 dating ultrasounds. So I am there with you!
  • I went from May 23-June 5 so far lol
  • Agreed that if the doc is OK you should trust that. 158 is a great heart beat. :-)

And I found out we were pregnant when I would have been 3w2d if I ovulated on the normal day 14ish of my cycle.

Congrats. Sending prayers for a healthy pregnancy.
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Not crazy at all. Both of my pregnancy i would have been almost a month further along if I went by lmp. If baby is growing and you see a heartbeat don't worry so much about measurements. Ulrasounds aren't an exact science and they can be off by a week in either direction.