May 2016 Moms

How many had to fly while pregnant and how many times?

I'm a little concerned even though I've read it's okay.

Best Answer

Re: How many had to fly while pregnant and how many times?

• It's perfectly safe. Closer to your due date you'll need a waiver from your dr. I just ask for the pat down instead of going through the scanners.
    #1 Claire 12.17.13 & #2 EDD 5.11.16

• Loading the player...
  • I'm flying across the country in November, and then even further (to Hawaii!!!!) in December. I'll fly again across the country in February, and then about 3 hours north in March. I'm not worried; all the research says it's fine. The bigger issue is what PP have said with the hassle that comes with it, especially when you're further along. 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• I've already flown just this month. The OBGYN said there was no issue at all with body scanners or flying. I've also asked about flying in Dec and the doctor said it was fine. I hope all goes well for you.
  • There's no risk to baby beyond typical risks associated with travel to everyone, if you're still concerned ask your doctor :)
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • I flew home about 3 weeks ago for my sister's baby shower.  I was nervous about the body scanners, but I checked the TSA website and talked to my doctor who said it was safe.  You can always choose the pat down if it makes you feel better.  I will be flying across the country in mid-March for my best friend's wedding.  I will be exactly 7 months at that point, and my doctor said that is the latest date she would recommend traveling out of state. The thought of flying that far when I'm that far along scares me, but not enough to miss my best friend's big day!  From what I understand, at this early stage, air travel should be perfectly safe for anyone with a normal/low-risk pregnancy.

• I'm 9W3D so far and I have flown every week Monday-Thursday (for work) prior to getting pregnant and throughout the entire pregnancy so far. No issues... no harm to baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm 9W3D so far and I have flown every week Monday-Thursday (for work) prior to getting pregnant and throughout the entire pregnancy so far. No issues... no harm to baby.
    Your job sounds awesome! 
  • I've already flown this pregnancy and I flew twice with my daughter. Easy peasy.

Obviously you can't fly after 35ish weeks and you might feel more sick on an airplane in the early weeks, but other than that you're good :-)
  • I flew at like 4 weeks pregnant, I barely had just got a positive test. I asked the security people if it was ok to go through the machine, and they said yes.

I am flying across the country next week. I am kinda nervous as I am 12 weeks now, but I am sure it will be fine! Just going to get up and walk to use restroom a few times to get the blood flowing.
  • I'm 9 weeks and have flown 5 times in the past month. No worries about flying - only germs and sick passengers. I asked for a pat down just because I'm paranoid. Wash your hands a lot, change your clothes when you get home and if you're flying for an extended time, get up and walk around (avoid blood clots in your legs).
  • I'm actually sitting in an airport now waiting on my red eye flight back east. UGH. Traveling is exhausting as it is but even more so when pregnant. I may or may not make another trip to the west coast later in the pregnancy but may not because of the winter.
    Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Last pregnancy flew every week - twice a week. Dallas to New Jersey for work. First 6 months . Totally fine just got too uncomfortable at the end
  • Thank you everyone this made me feel so much better.☺️