February 2016 Moms

Name decisions

Re: Name decisions

• mcklough said:

we picked already- it was very easy for us.

There are lots of name posts so people are probably getting tired of hearing it but her name will be Penelope Leigh

Oh my gosh! Our girl name was gonna be Penelope May. We might even hang onto it for the next baby if it's a girl cause we both fell in love with it.

BUT...we are having a boy and there has been a couple fights about it. He wants him to be named after him and I've never wanted two of the same thing in a household. I might negotiate with him though and let him have the first name, and I'll pick the middle name as long as I can pick the 1st name of our 2nd child. We'll see. It hurts his feelings that I don't agree with him on our boys name so I'm treading lightly and deciding how much it's worth it to "get my way" per se and have the baby have his own special name. BAH! It's hard.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Did he think that if it was a girl it should be named after you, or a feminine version of his name? I always find that to be a bit of an annoying double standard.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Loading the player...
  • Dh and I love the name Oliver but it seems to be everywhere now. I am an Elizabeth and hated having people with the same name in my class. Our second choice right now is Ronan. Dh loves Asher but it also seems to be skyrocketing to the top ten. Curse our basic taste in names!

I really like both Ronan and Rowan! We tossed those around for a bit and probably have them as backups if we change our minds.
    I love Rowan, maybe even more than Ronan, but dh is concerned about people associating or son with Mr. Bean. I don't have an issue with that.

BFP #1 07/23/14 lost heartbeat @ 9w
    BFP #2 11/07/14 mmc @ 9w
    BFP #3 due February 2016!
  • We picked out first name while ttc and came to an agreement pretty easily on the middle name at about 6 weeks pregnant. Our little girl will be named Zoey Elizabeth.
    I am 27, DH is 26.
    We have been married since September 28, 2013.
    We had our first child, Zoey, February 7, 2016.

images 300168
  • Dh and I love the name Oliver but it seems to be everywhere now. I am an Elizabeth and hated having people with the same name in my class. Our second choice right now is Ronan. Dh loves Asher but it also seems to be skyrocketing to the top ten. Curse our basic taste in names!

I really like both Ronan and Rowan! We tossed those around for a bit and probably have them as backups if we change our minds.
    I love Rowan, maybe even more than Ronan, but dh is concerned about people associating or son with Mr. Bean. I don't have an issue with that.
    I don't know mr bean I only associate Ronan to the super sad Taylor swift song. It's not on an album so not many even know about it.
    Caution: YouTube it with a box of Kleenex
  • Especially since it's almost Halloween ^^^^ super good but super sad and about a real boy

https://rockstarronan.com
  • We decided on Mariah April. (April is my moms name.// If it was a boy we would've done Travis Vincent . Travis is DH's cousin and Vincent is DH. It's a family tradition that the fathers name is the middle name of the first son.)

I give Rowan the edge too! I don't think of Mr. Bean at all, and I think that probably won't be an association most people in his generation make. I'm definitely drawn to that "o" sound and we're going with Owen for a boy, partly because it sounds really great with our last name. Maybe that's a nice compromise between Oliver and Rowan?

I promise not to freak out of your "steal" my name. Haha.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• We had names picked prior to the anatomy scan. We chose Alexi Mae for a girl (giving her my middle name) and Bodie John for a boy (giving him my husband middle name). Baby is a boy and the family (most of them) already affectionately refers to him by name or his nickname, Bo.
  • I love seeing all the Penelopes on this board. Penny is such a great nickname!

BFP #1 07/23/14 lost heartbeat @ 9w
    BFP #2 11/07/14 mmc @ 9w
    BFP #3 due February 2016!

Ronan is the last name of a family I'm really close with, so to me the name is full of love and acceptance! :)
  • I love seeing all the Penelopes on this board. Penny is such a great nickname!

Not to mention Penelope Garcia is a total BA.
    (For all you criminal minds fans out there)
  • We have settled on a name, unless he gets here and we take one look at him and say, "Yeah, no."

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • We have only known it's a girl for about a week and haven't talked about names since then. I have one I'm really digging but it's in the Top 10 so I don't know for sure. I also have always loved the name Kayla, but my niece is named Layla. I'm guessing too similar.
  • We have only known it's a girl for about a week and haven't talked about names since then. I have one I'm really digging but it's in the Top 10 so I don't know for sure. I also have always loved the name Kayla, but my niece is named Layla. I'm guessing too similar.

I think you should go with Kayla if you love it! It's ok if it's similar. Heck, it'd be ok if it were the same. It's such a pretty name!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We split it up so that before we knew the genders, that I would pick girls names and my spouse would pick the boys names. Lucky for me, we are having twin girls. Lol
  • We are having issues deciding on a name! I like McKenna but with the middle name we want and our last name there's just too many "m"s. Any opinions on shortening it to just Kenna? The only other name I am thinking is Kaley but my husband isn't crazy about it.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @twinmom1121 I love the name Kenna, I think it's a perfect solution!
  • We had a girl name picked out from the beginning but couldn't agree on a boy name. We just found out we're having a girl, so we didn't need a boy name after all. Her name will be Camilla Belle, both are family names.
  • I had a very long list of names that I loved but dh pretty much shot them all down except a few and slowly we agreed on our names, both boy and girl are family names which I love. We recently found out we are having a girl and the name we picked is Camilla Belle.
    Another future mom to Penelope here! Our little girl will be Penelope Rose. My husband already calls her Penny. I love it! 
  • We have had ours picked out since before we knew what baby was going to be. Now that we know it's a little girl, little miss Sadie Isabella will be here before we know it! I can't wait!
  • We are team green but have at least selected first names. Middle names are still TBD.

Boy would be Felix Jonas or Felix Ewan.

Girl would be Vesper Madeleine (spoiler - new James Bond movie may have vetoed this name... poor thing can't have two Bond Girl names) or Vesper Aurora.
  • We had a girls name pegged since before I was even pregs, but as it turned out, we're having a boy! It took a while and and a lot of back and forth but we finally agreed on Conor. Middle name is still undetermined.
  • We are team green:
    Eleanor Lee for a girl or Owen Lee for a boy. Lee was my grandpas name , he passed away the day after we found out we were expecting
  • I've got a couple i've narrowed it down to. But then i start thinking.. and am unsure. haha

Right now Cole is my favorite, but 2 weeks ago Finn was my favorite, and before that it was Liam.... we'll see. 

• hbg8711 said:
    We had a girls name pegged since before I was even pregs, but as it turned out, we're having a boy! It took a while and and a lot of back and forth but we finally agreed on Conor. Middle name is still undetermined.
    My oldest son's name is Conor. He was telling me that I spelled it wrong so I had to explain to him that one n is the original Gaelic spelling and the other spellings are technically wrong. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • First name is definitely going to be Summer. Switching back and forth on Kennedy or Kendall for a middle name. We had Summer picked for a girl when I was pregnant with DS and just kept it from then. It's a good thing this one is girl because we were definitely NOT agreeing on a boy's name this time.

• We have finally 100% decided on a name after going back and forth with a few names. We will be naming our little boy Nash.
  • We've had our girl name picked out from the start. The boy name took some work. Fortunately were having a girl so we get to go with our first choice in names :) we've decided if ever we have a boy we will use the other name we picked out

• mcklough said:

There are lots of name posts so people are probably getting tired of hearing it but her name will be Penelope Leigh

Oh my gosh! Our girl name was gonna be Penelope May. We might even hang onto it for the next baby if it's a girl cause we both fell in love with it.

BUT...we are having a boy and there has been a couple fights about it. He wants him to be named after him and I've never wanted two of the same thing in a household. I might negotiate with him though and let him have the first name, and I'll pick the middle name as long as I can pick the 1st name of our 2nd child. We'll see. It hurts his feelings that I don't agree with him on our boys name so I'm treading lightly and deciding how much it's worth it to "get my way" per se and have the baby have his own special name. BAH! It's hard.

@mcklough my husband really wanted a JR as well and I too couldn't deal with two of the same in one house. Or compromise was having the boy (if we had one) share his initials. Same middle name, and a first name starting with the same letter as first name. He is Devin Michael so our son was going to be Declan Michal. We ended up having a girl, so I'm sure with our next one we will apply the same rule. I simply cannot deal with saying "Devin" and two people answering for the rest of my life lol hope that idea helps you out!!!

• mcklough said:

@mcklough my husband really wanted a JR as well and I too couldn't deal with two of the same in one house. Or compromise was having the boy (if we had one) share his initials. Same middle name, and a first name starting with the same letter as first name. He is Devin Michael so our son was going to be Declan Michal. We ended up having a girl, so I'm sure with our next one we will apply the same rule. I simply cannot deal with saying "Devin" and two people answering for the rest of my life lol hope that idea helps you out!!!

Interestingly enough you quoted me when the person you were trying to quote had a quote fail when they quoted me. Did that make any sense? Probably not but I also have direct experience with what you were talking about too.

My husband is the 5th Stephen but they all have different middle names. We both decided that we would name a son Stephen McKeever. That was my maiden name and was also my nickname. We'll call our Stephen "Mac" which was my dads nick name from when he was younger. It's a way for us to carry on traditions but also stop the confusing line of Steve, Stevie, Steve-o nick names. I think it's just a matter of coming to a common ground between you and DH

*Kate*

February 2016

• We are team green and for now our boy name is Gideon Monroe and for a girl it would be Madeline Ruth. The middle names are family names. Nothing is set in stone until the baby is in our arms but for now we are very happy with these!
  • charityann02charityann02 member
    edited December 2015
    Our little girl will be Vera Lynn
  • Team Green here!
    Boy name: Archer Reed
    Girl Names (because we love both): Isla Margaret or Edith "Edie" Jo
  • We are 100% with Knox.  I know it's not everyone's cup of tea because of the "trend" factor, but we love it and it goes well with our other son's name Luca

• Decided on Julian for our son. It is pretty much the only name we both agree on, and it had been growing on us the past few weeks. The rest on our short list include Aaron (my fave) and Graham (husband's fave).

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • We are having a girl and her name will be Lila (lie-la) Kate.
  • We had a boy name all set, so of course it's a girl. We has a hard time at first but finally decided on Brynn Ann.
  • We've had our boy name picked out since before we were married! We just had to decide on a middle name.. So Jameson Richard it is! Hubs wanted Jameson Frank (frank after his grandfather) but I didn't really like how it sounded..so we did Richard after my dad :smiley: