February 2016 Moms
Options

Name decisions

Just curious how many of you have officially decided on a name---or have a very shortened list (2-3 names) that you are likely going to use. DH and I are so far from even putting a short list together. 

If you have your name---feel free to share it!
BabyFruit Ticker image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Name decisions

• Options
    Picking a name has turned out to be harder than I thought. We had a name we were 100% on for months, then as of last weekend we both decided we didn't like that name and have completely changed our minds. This kid is going to be stuck with this name for life! I want to make sure its a good one!
  • Options
    We have narrowed our list down to 3 first names and 2 middle names. i have a favorite but DH doesn't want to rush the decision so we shall see!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh with our sons it was so easy but this girl has us arguing back and fourth. There are so many girl names its agonizing. I can't pick just one so right now she has a million names
  • Options
    egraves4egraves4 member
    edited October 2015
    We had a girl name picked out before I even got pregnant.  It was always just known that if we had a girl that we would name her this.  We're naming her after her paternal great grandmother. 

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Options
    Our boy name has been picked out since we started trying a little over a year ago, and luckily he's a boy!
  • Options
    2 first names... Undecided middle names.
  • Options
    My husband is dead set on a name already.... I might let him win and have full right to naming our first born (son)... Its not a bad name it's cute (Finn).... But next baby he better let me name! I haven't told him yet im okay with the name I pretend im on the fence with it... Being almost 25 weeks I feel is to early to be dead set on a name....
  • Options

we picked already- it was very easy for us.

There are lots of name posts so people are probably getting tired of hearing it but her name will be Penelope Leigh

*Kate*

February 2016

• Options
    I had a girl's name picked out at 5 weeks and was dead set it was a girl so I wouldn't even consider boy names. Then, we found out it's a boy. We settled on a name pretty quickly. We always knew middle names would be family names so that wasn't a bog deal there.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    First name is pretty much decided, middle name on the other hand is proving to be more difficult.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We had all our kids names picked out after our first baby. This is baby #4.
  • Options
    So far we have to names that we like, I'd like to have a third option but if not, that's fine too. We decided to wait until we meet our LO to pick out a definite name. This will be our third boy so it's been hard finding one that we both like that feels "right". So we figure it'll be easier when we can see his face. We've always had names picked out way ahead of time for our other two though. Like before we found out what we were having. Naming another human is so hard! Especially when you have multiple babies of the same sex!
  • Options
    Nothing decided yet but I'm on the hunt because I think it will help me connect more to this baby once I give her an official name. The other ones we didn't "officially" decide until right before birth and that worked for us. This one I just feel needs a name sooner. Hard to explain. But it is proving to be difficult because my husband and I have complete opposite tastes. It hurts to get my favorites vetoed :((. He probably feels the same way haha.
    Baby #3 due February. Dx with Spina Bifida Myelo  "good things are coming down the road, just don't stop walking"
  • Options
    We have a list of probably seven names and lately I'm kind of hating them all. We have three middle name options that are all family names so depending on the first name, it'll be one of those three. This is hard yo!
  • Options
    TwindlingTwindling member
    edited October 2015
    We are team green and have chosen

Stella Kate
    &
    Silas Byrne (Byrne is a family name)

We refer to baby as "baby s" for obvious reasons but in curious how long family will continue to refer to baby as "baby s" lol
  • Options
    We have middle names picked out. Either Lee(DHs and his dad's middle name) or Kenneth(DHs grandfather).
    I have a short list of 10 lol. I like all my names but I don't have one that stands out
  • Options
    We've settled on a name. I always knew I wanted his middle name to be Michael (family name and would have been either Michele or Michaela if a girl).

We had a short list of boy names and one of the front runners was Andrew. Last month we were watching The Proposal on TV and the more they said Andrew or Andy, I liked it and haven't stopped thinking about is since then. I asked H about names again 2 weeks ago and he said that he only had one name that kept popping up in his head from our list and TA-DA...Andrew Michael it is
  • Options
    I had decided on my little girl's name before we found out the sex - Emma. But I'm having a harder time with the middle name. Right now it's a decision between Leigh, Marie, or Rose. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I had decided on my little girl's name before we found out the sex - Emma. But I'm having a harder time with the middle name. Right now it's a decision between Leigh, Marie, or Rose. 

Love the name choice but I might be a bit biased ;) the only thing with Leigh is together (Emma Leigh) sounds like Emily, unless that is what you're going for! Great names :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

We are using Leigh as middle so obviously I love it. I personally think the "Emily" thing would bother me. Emma Rose is my favorite of the three if you'd like my opinion- they are all great though you can't go wrong

*Kate*

February 2016

• Options

We've settled on a name. I always knew I wanted his middle name to be Michael (family name and would have been either Michele or Michaela if a girl).

We had a short list of boy names and one of the front runners was Andrew. Last month we were watching The Proposal on TV and the more they said Andrew or Andy, I liked it and haven't stopped thinking about is since then. I asked H about names again 2 weeks ago and he said that he only had one name that kept popping up in his head from our list and TA-DA...Andrew Michael it is
    My husband is an Andrew Michael.. Good choice ;).
    Baby #3 due February. Dx with Spina Bifida Myelo  "good things are coming down the road, just don't stop walking"
  • Options
    jordans_wifejordans_wife member
    edited October 2015
    We are team green and this is our 3rd baby. This is by far the hardest time we've ever had agreeing on a name boy or girl and I'm not sure if we ever will. For whatever reason, we really struggle particularly with girl names. Anyway, as of now I'm rolling around Quinn for a girl and Maddox for a boy with mn's as an afterthought until we figure out the 1st. I just wish we could get something ironed out though. I was Sooo attached to my boys names before and I really want that same feeling with this one too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mcklough said:

We are using Leigh as middle so obviously I love it. I personally think the "Emily" thing would bother me. Emma Rose is my favorite of the three if you'd like my opinion- they are all great though you can't go wrong
    Yeah, I don't think Leigh flows as nicely as the others. My friend just suggested Grace and I'm really liking that, too. What's your little girl's first name?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    ohbaby714 said:

Love the name choice but I might be a bit biased ;) the only thing with Leigh is together (Emma Leigh) sounds like Emily, unless that is what you're going for! Great names :)
    Is Emma your name or one of your picks, too? I agree, I'm not too sure about the Emily thing. It doesn't flow as nicely. I'm also thinking Grace!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

mcklough said:

Yeah, I don't think Leigh flows as nicely as the others. My friend just suggested Grace and I'm really liking that, too. What's your little girl's first name?
    Penelope is her first name. DHs grandmas middle name is Leigh Ann so it's a nod to her.

I also like Emma grace but Rose is a maybe future name we may use so I'm partial to it (my mothers middle name is Rosina. I wouldn't use that though because I can't get over what it rhymes with)

*Kate*

February 2016

• Options
    I had a girl's name picked out at 5 weeks and was dead set it was a girl so I wouldn't even consider boy names. Then, we found out it's a boy. We settled on a name pretty quickly. We always knew middle names would be family names so that wasn't a bog deal there.
    This was us - had a girl's name all ready to go.  I was so sure that I didn't even start thinking about boy names.  Oops - that's okay, we have time to figure this out....
    BabyFruit Ticker

Feb16 October Siggy Challenge- Favorite Halloween Candy

Image result for reese's peanut butter cup pumpkin
  • Options

ohbaby714 said:

Is Emma your name or one of your picks, too? I agree, I'm not too sure about the Emily thing. It doesn't flow as nicely. I'm also thinking Grace!
    DD is Emma Marie :) I love Grace! DD was almost Emma Kate and I kind of wish we would have went with that because Emma Marie is kind of hard to say together I think.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Shatzegirl DD is Emma Oliva, love that name! Emma rose is lovely :)

Lo will be Weston James, we finally decided after about two months of making name lists.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Rocco D'Angelo . We're Italian lol

Mommy to my Angel baby Domenico Anjelo M/C 11 weeks 12/20/2014
    C/P 4/15/2015 5 weeks
    BFP 6/15 /15 Due: 2/25/16

• Options
    Her name will be Grace (Gracie) Jean.. My husband has always said if he ever has a girl he would name her grace and Jean is after his grandma... I named both our boys Eli and Noah.. We were team green but I peaked so I said he could name her ( at the time I did talk him into considering 3 other girl names) but once we found out it was for sure a girl I knew he would pick Grace
  • Options
    We had our names for both a boy and girl way before we got pregnant...but since it's a girl her name will be "Kennedy Marie"
  • Options

My husband is an Andrew Michael.. Good choice ;).

AHH! I love it!!
  • Options
    Dh and I love the name Oliver but it seems to be everywhere now. I am an Elizabeth and hated having people with the same name in my class. Our second choice right now is Ronan. Dh loves Asher but it also seems to be skyrocketing to the top ten. Curse our basic taste in names!

BFP #1 07/23/14 lost heartbeat @ 9w
    BFP #2 11/07/14 mmc @ 9w
    BFP #3 due February 2016!
  • Options

Dh and I love the name Oliver but it seems to be everywhere now. I am an Elizabeth and hated having people with the same name in my class. Our second choice right now is Ronan. Dh loves Asher but it also seems to be skyrocketing to the top ten. Curse our basic taste in names!

I really like both Ronan and Rowan! We tossed those around for a bit and probably have them as backups if we change our minds.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• Options
    Oliver was our boy's choice, and I was so excited about it because we were able to agree almost immediately. I don't know any Ronans or Ashers either, even though they're growing in popularity-- love them both! We JUST agreed on a girl's name recently, and even though it's popular (especially on TB) I've never met anyone with that name or with a child with the name. We're another Penelope couple lol.. there are several of us in this group alone! I wanted Philippa as a nod to both of our grandmothers with Phil- names, but that's too "out there" for DH and Penelope is the only name we can agree on.

imageLilypie - (zxAe)

• Options
    Oliver was our boy's choice, and I was so excited about it because we were able to agree almost immediately. I don't know any Ronans or Ashers either, even though they're growing in popularity-- love them both! We JUST agreed on a girl's name recently, and even though it's popular (especially on TB) I've never met anyone with that name or with a child with the name. We're another Penelope couple lol.. there are several of us in this group alone! I wanted Philippa as a nod to both of our grandmothers with Phil- names, but that's too "out there" for DH and Penelope is the only name we can agree on.
    Penelopes unite!

*Kate*

February 2016

• Options
    We've decided on Easton Neil.
  • Options
    It's hard to pick names.  We're team Green with #3.  Our girl name is Olivia Kate b/c DH LOVES the name Olivia so he's kind of picked that one and if it's a boy it will be either Gavin Reid or Ethan James.  I'm thinking I might decide based on the minute the baby is born.  So if it's born on an even numbered minute it will be Gavin and odd it will be Ethan or something like that.  Make it interesting and leave it up to fate lol ;)
    My Baby Penguins
    DD1: 9/19/11
    DS: 1/1/14
    DD2: 1/31/16