Infertility
Options

Infection after BD! Please advise (BFP & loss mentioned)

Sorry in advance for TMI..... Im not sure what's wrong with me and it's very frustrating... Everytime DHubs and I BD, I lay in bed for 15-25 minutes legs in the air pelvis upward and try and relax... This is usually during ovulation... When im done laying I'll take a paper towel (like a brawny) and put it over my vagina kinda to plug what might come out, usually I don't leave it there long but sometimes I forget and it's there till I have to pee. Without fail I always end up with a yeast infection ALWAYS! When I do that.... Im super prone to yeast infections..... are any of you ladies also? Im not sure what to do I feel like the second I stand up everything rushes out of me, could that mean anything? I've heard people mention short uterus, Is there such thing as a short vagina? Am I the only one this happens to or do you ladies find you have he same problem with everything rushing out? If sperm can last for 5 days why does it seem like all my Sperm is loaded on my TP once I wipe after waiting after BD'ing? What do you ladies use to prevent everything from running down your leg after BD? Do any of you know why I'd continue to get yeast infections after BD I've also ended up with BV (bacterial vaginosis) a few times, I can't catch a break it really bothers me.... Do you have any advise for me ladies?!?!.... Could I be allergic to my husbands swimmers, could something be wrong with our chemistry? We've Been trying 10+ years recently went to IVF 2015 had our first BFP and then MC before 6 wks, right after MC was told I had a yeast infection.... Im so lost right now, waiting to see my OB for a check up cause I have another yeast infection right now :|

Re: Infection after BD! Please advise (BFP & loss mentioned)

• Options
    I would ask your doctor about this. I have heard that a yeast infection can be transferred from you to DH and back to you after BD. Apparently our DH'S don't really get any symptoms. Possibly you both need to do a course of doxycycline or something. I don't have any personal experience with this but a friend told me this was the case with her (I have no idea if this is medically correct). Also, some people have stated it is a myth you need to lie down after BD as the sperm should be shot up to your cervix and where it needs to be. I think what is coming out is probably a mixture of your CM and his semen, not sperm. I'm sure some sperm probably come out, but most are probably where they need to be. That said, I put a pillow or two underneath me and then just watch a show on netflix. Once it's over, I go to the bathroom to prevent infection. Maybe the paper towel is just collecting and cultivating bacteria? It really would not do anything for you to "keep it where it is" as the sperm needs to be at your cervix. If you're still worieed, one of my friends swears by putting in a Diva cup after IC to keep it all up there.sine you are getting recurrent infections, I would definitely call your doctor and explain everything you do and get advice from him or her.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a problem similar to yours ages ago with my ex (and have always done similar paper toilets/kleenex maneuvers, but try to run for the washroom before I fall asleep- for the sole purpose of not having to change sheets every day we BD). Turns out the issue for me was that he was using cheap/scented soap, which I seemed to react to. He eventually switched soap and that helped. DH and I lived together fairly quickly and so I got to control which soap he gets to use! Aveeno sensitive skin gel is what we use around here with no more issues.
  • Options
    @riveridgional Thank you for your advise, I agree I think I may have an over active vagina that cultivates massive amounts of yeast and im just making it worse, I'll talk to my Dr about all that tomorrow I appreciate the advise ;) I've heard of the Diva cup I was told by a friend of mine thought I'd look into that at some point.... Thanks again
  • Options
    @tripledaggerWed95976 I don't "plug" actually like a tampon would I just place the paper towel like a pad would be placed just not on underwear, thank you for the advice Im aware that this is what's causing the YI im on here to ask if any other ladies had anything happen to them like this, I've heard of the DIVA cup that women have used to keep everything from leaking out so I was wondering if anyone has used my method of basically placing a pad down there, I realize that whatever is coming out isn't the sperm totally but there's so much I just wondered if other women had the same situation, you don't need to speak to me as if im a child im 34 and Weve been trying off and on for 10 years naturally I've done a ton of research and we haven't even been doing ivf for a year yet we had 2 one fresh one frozen and I've done a ton of research on IVF, we just lost our baby and while waiting till January to try a 2nd frozen transfer we're trying on our own just for fun taking the stress out of IVF for a few months, I agree I've wanted to purchase that book and read it but I don't think you need to approach someone who's asking for advise like you are better then me and know more, I've been in this forum for 3 months and im learning and getting to know things just like the rest of the women I've have YI ALL my life it's nothing new I've had a field day of blood work and now Im just asking fellow TTC sisters the opinions they have..... I don't think I need to be told im confused and I don't know enough for trying after 10 years!.... Im a woman grown... Just like you... Thanks anyway
  • Options
    @KidShrink Thank you for your comment I'll check that I know my husband prefers the liquid gel'ish soaps that have "smell goods" to them Hes tried different soaps though out our marriage but I've always had the YI I keep myself clean I wear Cotten underwear I try and maintain my hair down there also but im going to look into the soap you've mentioned because I'd like to get a handle on this... Thank you again
  • Options
    ImAMouseDuhImAMouseDuh member
    edited October 2015
    @tripledaggerWed95976 I don't "plug" actually like a tampon would I just place the paper towel like a pad would be placed just not on underwear, thank you for the advice Im aware that this is what's causing the YI im on here to ask if any other ladies had anything happen to them like this, I've heard of the DIVA cup that women have used to keep everything from leaking out so I was wondering if anyone has used my method of basically placing a pad down there, I realize that whatever is coming out isn't the sperm totally but there's so much I just wondered if other women had the same situation, you don't need to speak to me as if im a child im 34 and Weve been trying off and on for 10 years naturally I've done a ton of research and we haven't even been doing ivf for a year yet we had 2 one fresh one frozen and I've done a ton of research on IVF, we just lost our baby and while waiting till January to try a 2nd frozen transfer we're trying on our own just for fun taking the stress out of IVF for a few months, I agree I've wanted to purchase that book and read it but I don't think you need to approach someone who's asking for advise like you are better then me and know more, I've been in this forum for 3 months and im learning and getting to know things just like the rest of the women I've have YI ALL my life it's nothing new I've had a field day of blood work and now Im just asking fellow TTC sisters the opinions they have..... I don't think I need to be told im confused and I don't know enough for trying after 10 years!.... Im a woman grown... Just like you... Thanks anyway
    Ok "woman grown," please, please, PLEASE learn punctuation. Your lack thereof makes walls of texts like this extremely difficult to read, and thus, hard to respond to with advice.

LFAF: OG!

LFAF Winter Awards:

LFAFer you most want to get a cup of coffee with - Best Smile - Most Adorable Pet - Cooler Than You - Most Fiery Bumpie - IF Warrior - Most Perseverance - So Fetch - Only Has Eyes for Taco - 

Most likely to have her own talk show - Most LFAF Spirit - Coolest Girl Next Door

• Options
    @kmartinez209 . This might have been answered for you already as I saw some great responses.
    Your DH could be continuously passing the yeast infection back to you as he will not have symptoms- definitely talk with your doctor about a prescription for him to take as well.

Yeast loves warm moist areas the paper itself will trap all the moisture and give the yeast a playground for growth.- I am sorry I don't have any suggestions to keep the semen from rushing out but as others said the sperm will be traveling already.

When you are a target for yeast infections there are certain foods you should avoid especially sugar. Try looking up a list of foods to restrict and try cutting those out during your ttc journey.

Hope that helps, good luck :)
  • Options
    @kmartinez209 I sent you a private message.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Options
    Holy run on sentence Batman! #:-S
    As others pointed out, there is zero need for you to plug anything anywhere. Please don't use a diva cup! There is no need whatsoever! Truthfully I am a bit surprised you don't know this...
    You won't stop getting yeast infections until you stop creating an environment for them to thrive. The swimmers get where they need to go within minutes.... Honestly, there is no reason whatsoever to elevate yourself, plug anything anywhere, etc. Please just go pee within 5-10 minutes of finishing ttc and you will stop getting infections...
  • Options
    @riveridgional How do I see your private message?
  • Options
    @ImAMouseDuh @longhurrdontcurr I started coming to this forum for support, I've never felt badly about this forum before, until now. I feel like I've came on here hoping for ladies to relate, not bash me on my grammar and make me feel like my question is foolish. Who are are ladies to judge me? Im in the same boat as many of the ladies on this forum. Sorry I haven't placed my commas and periods and simi colons in the correct areas, I didn't know I was being critiqued in my grammar choice and sentence structure. I am a woman, Im 34 years old, I graduated highschool, I've attended college. I don't always place my punctuation in the right areas, I often run my sentences because my brain is going faster then my thumb can type, please don't comment on my questions if your just going to bash me. Im here for support not for a grammar lesson!
  • Options
    @riveridgional I sent you back a private message, I've never used that feature before so I wasn't sure where's to find it.
  • Options
    There's no need to plug up. Sperm get where they need to go very quickly, everything that runs out is just nutrients or dead/otherwise useless. Also your vagina is acidic in order to prevent infection while semen is basic, so having something basic sit in there is just asking for an infection.