February 2016 Moms
Options

What are you binge-watching?

When I'm in labor this time around, I want to come prepared with some TV shows downloaded to my laptop or tablet to distract me.

So, it got me thinking, what are you all binge-watching or what shows are you really into right now?  I'm looking for ideas of shows that keep your attention really well.

(I'm hoping I go into labor on a Sun night so The Walking Dead can keep me entertained.  That's one that always holds my attention through the whole episode.)

Re: What are you binge-watching?

• Options
    shupertj09shupertj09 member
    edited October 2015
    Jane the virgin, private practice, greys, bones, Gilmore girls, army wives, teen mom, one born every minutes (they are online)

Edit: cut off
    Praying this is our take home baby. STICK TURKEY Mommy will miss you everyday my beautiful angel. We love you Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers M/C on 1/05/11 at 11 weeks.
  • Options
    I'm re watching The Office. I was so sad when that show ended.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Currently rewatching the show "Chuck." I don't think it was very popular when it was on - but it's a funny spy show. All 4 seasons are on Netflix :)

Also rewatching Parks and Rec - because it still makes me laugh. How I Met You Mother and Friends are both favorites to rewatch / binge watch. Plus they have 9 and 10 seasons (respectively) so lots of content for hours of entertainment!
  • Options
    We're re-watching Heroes!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My hubby and I watched The Zoo this summer and it was very good. Revenge was a good show. Oh and I just started watching Quantico on ABC.
    Right now I'm binge watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with DD lol
  • Options
    Not really binge watching, but I'm addicted to the new season of American Horror Story, and have also gotten into Scream Queens.... I actually hate both right now, but still always watch the next episode!

My guilty pleasure is Teen Mom and 16 and pregnant- I always watch it when it's on.
  • Options
    @Paytonpedro I love AHS but I just couldn't get into Scream Queens it was just too campy. For me its all about TWD all the way even to the point where we do nothing on sundays cause that day is totally devoted to it. I even make zombie foods/treats every sunday
  • Options
    Been watching Grey's since early summer, it's definitely kept me busy.  I'm about to be on the 11th season!

Surprise BFP! 06/08/15
    Nadine GraceMarie  02/10/16
    Diagnosed with placenta increta post delivery: emergency partial hysterectomy - cervix and ovaries still intact 
    Gestational surrogacy or adoption TBD

• Options
    @mamacastro Sceam Queens is SO dumb. I made the mistake of getting into it and now I NEED to know who the killer is. Ugh. I only started watching it because I like Emma Roberts. AHS is MESSED UP this season. I feel like I say that every year, but this year is FREAKY!
  • Options
    I binge watched Scandal and am now caught up. I'm watching Revenge on Netflix now. My plan is to watch Gilmore Girls on maternity leave. I would also suggest House of Cards and Orange is the New Black of you haven't seen those...if you have Netflix.
  • Options
    I rewatch White Collar, Fringe, and Firefly. I'm a fan of the investigative shows, can't really stand most sit-coms that are on.
  • Options
    AdventureMamaAdventureMama member
    edited October 2015
    Gossip Girl. So ridiculous but oh well, it's entertaining.
    I like to re-binge on Parks and Rec, The Office, Gilmore Girls, The West Wing, HIMYM, Call the Midwife, and Private Practice.

Edited an autocorrect mistake
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • Options

I'm up to season 11 of Grey's so I'm almost done with that. In the past I also binged watched the entirety of friends, law and order SVU and gossip girl. 

For some reason gossip girl really encouraged me to fall into a depression so now anytime I binge watch shows my husband is afraid I'm getting depressed. It may have just been completely random but I feel like the drama and glamorized lives made me feel crappy. It's not I even WANT a life that looks anything like theirs. It was strange,

*Kate*

February 2016

• Options
    Right now I'm binge-watching my way through Jane the Virgin on Netflix. I love it. It's so ridiculously campy and entertaining!
  • Options
    Just finished AHS Freakshow
    Catching up on Walking Dead
    How to Get Away with Murder
    Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries
    Drunk History 
    Call the Midwife
    Anthony Bourdain - any of his shows
    Will be looking into Gilmore Girls, Gotham, Manhatten, Reign 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just finished rewatching Gilmore girls and greys on Netflix. I love to wait until the end of the current season of suits and orphan black and binge those seasons.

I just started Scream made for Netflix. I have heard it is so horrible it is good.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Paytonpedro I love AHS but I just couldn't get into Scream Queens it was just too campy. For me its all about TWD all the way even to the point where we do nothing on sundays cause that day is totally devoted to it. I even make zombie foods/treats every sunday
    Can we be best friends?!  Lol.  With a 2 year old, I have no time to devote a whole day to TWD, but it is the one time every week that I clear my schedule and make sure I do everything I need to do in advance so I am not distracted while watching it.  I'll fold laundry or clean while watching other shows, but not TWD. 
  • Options
    sparksfly said:
    Currently rewatching the show "Chuck." I don't think it was very popular when it was on - but it's a funny spy show. All 4 seasons are on Netflix :)

Also rewatching Parks and Rec - because it still makes me laugh. How I Met You Mother and Friends are both favorites to rewatch / binge watch. Plus they have 9 and 10 seasons (respectively) so lots of content for hours of entertainment!
    I loved Chuck! Got H hooked on it while we were dating and he went out and bought all the dvds for us to rewatch, and then I found them on Netflix. Oh well!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    I have my few regular shows that I make sure to watch weekly but in between those I'm watching Suits on Netflix. Glad I took a chance on it -- so good!
    Baby #3 due February. Dx with Spina Bifida Myelo  "good things are coming down the road, just don't stop walking"
  • Options
    Achae said:

I rewatch White Collar, Fringe, and Firefly. I'm a fan of the investigative shows, can't really stand most sit-coms that are on.

DH and I binged watch the entire Fringe series last year. Loved it
  • Options
    That's so awesome and fun that you make zombie treats every Sunday! Care to share any ideas/recipes? 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Greys, scandal, vampire diaries, Nashville, and obsessed with blood and oil and Quantico! Oh and since the news of Gilmore Girls coming back, I'm defiantly rewatching the series !
  • Options

Can we be best friends?!  Lol.  With a 2 year old, I have no time to devote a whole day to TWD, but it is the one time every week that I clear my schedule and make sure I do everything I need to do in advance so I am not distracted while watching it.  I'll fold laundry or clean while watching other shows, but not TWD. 

@Life is Exciting of course ; ) always awesome to meet other TWD fans.

@Shatzegirl there are a lot on pinterest. I've made things like the zombie finger sticks, brain mold foods, Bob's foot meatloaf, carol's cookies etc. :)

@paytonpedro let me know when you find out who the killer is on SQ, I did watch the first two episodes
  • Options
    @mamacastro I'll check them out! Thanks! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I like funny things. Currently getting a kick out of Brooklyn 99, Modern Family, Blackish, and rewatching 30 Rock and Parks and Rec. I also loved Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and I can't wait for season 2.

I also like watching stand up comedy specials on Netflix and SNL. Anything that makes me laugh!
  • Options
    Jane the Virgin, Call the Midwife, How to Get Away With Murder...completely addictive. Finished CTM while I was on one week of bed rest for fibroid issues.

Call the Midwife made me mentally prepared for the real deal. ..also makes you grateful for modern medicine haha
  • Options
    New Girl on Netflix. I'm watching it now. Prob one of my favorite comedy series.
  • Options
    lbart86lbart86 member
    edited October 2015
    Baby Daddy is funny and quick episodes, Criminal Minds, The Fall is holy balls good and really captivating if you like crime shows. Chuck was fun, Pretty Little Liars is my guilty pleasure, I definitely binge watched that. There's so many shows I wish I could go back and rewatch for the first time!

Loved Greys, Bones, CSI NY, Hart of Dixie, Sons of Anarchy, Arrow.. And the list keeps going.

ETA: spelling fail.
  • Options
    I've been watching a few shows

Once Upon a Time ( we just started this over since they just put season 4 up)
    Charmed (MY FAVORITE! haha)
    X-Files (don't watch this before getting 5 teeth pulled. i woke up thinking i was abducted by aliens...)
    Psych 
    The Office (which i believe i've watched multiple times, i just never finish the last season. my heart can't take it) 

and... new on the list...

Supernatural. my old room mate used to LOVE this show... it took me 3 days to watch the first episode... we'll see 
  • Options
    Last maternity leave I watched the entire series of Scrubs (for probably the 500th time, but first time in order from start to finish!!). Right now, DH and I are watching Downton Abbey. I may try to watch Orange is the New Black this maternity leave.
  • Options
    @cantobean - I love comedies too. I'm leaning in that direction for shows to watch while in labor because they might lighten the mood.

Last pregnancy ended in a csection because of failure to progress ( after a very long induced labor) and I swear it was because I was so stressed and wound so tight that I couldn't dilate. Maybe a little humor will help me chill out this time :)