May 2016 Moms

Clogged and fluid in the ears

Hi! I have been sick for about a day and 1/2 and today started pain in my ear (left), clogged and feels like fluid behind my ear drum. I have been reading online but I wanted to tap into the May mom group! Anyone else having this symptom? It's driving me crazy.

Re: Clogged and fluid in the ears

• Me sort of. mine started with post nasal drip and a sore throat. Then turned into a runny nose and harder time hearing with occasional ear pain. It's like my ears are filled up because my nose is so congested.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• I had that. Sorry to say it lasted over 2 weeks - with a z pack. I didn't get all the way to ear pain - post nasal, killer sore throat, tight chest cough and sinus pain. Doctor took one look at my ears and said I was completely compacted and had water on my ears (ew) and it wasn't going away easily. I was out of work for a week, then back with the cough still that loosened up after the antibiotics (despite a bottle of robotussin doing nothing), halfway through week three and still have a bit of a cough especially at night and some sinus congestion. I would recommend going to the doctor - that's a cold/respiratory infection not pregnancy.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker