1st Trimester
Options

I got my BFP!!

Hey, ladies! I got my BFP! This was our first cycle TTC, so I guess we're just super lucky! I had faint BFPs at 11 and 12DPO, now a pretty strong one at 13DPO (today).

We feel so very blessed and excited. Now I'm just wondering...

What pre-natals are best? I've been taking Swisse pre-natal vitamins, but I've also read that folic acid is a must. Any recommendations?

How did you ladies tell your parents and family members?

What are your thoughts on telling family and close friends early on? Avoid or go for it?

Thanks so much to everyone for your support and goodness!

xxx

Re: I got my BFP!!

• Options

Congratulations!

Any prenatal with folic acid is fine. I took the chewables from Target. I pretty much just called my mom and close friends and told them. I only told my mom early on and waited until about 12 weeks to tell other people.

• Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy. You should post this on your birth month board ((July bmb)). Those are the people who u will be building relationships with. Here's the link :-) https://forums.thebump.com/categories/july-2016-moms
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, both of you! I will check out the July 2016 Moms page. Just couldn't wait to share my news with fellow bumpies! 
  • Options
    congratulations!
    I'm currently taking the Materna prenatals. they're the ones my OB suggested & they're working great for me! just remember to take your prenatals on a full stomach or they'll most likely make you feel sick.
  • Options
    I take the gummy prenatals from Target, too. They don't have iron though, but the iron was making me feel bad. Just make sure they have folic acid and dha.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Make sure your prenatal has a DHA. Mine didn't so I had to switch again.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    As for telling family, just tell them when you're ready. My mom was one of the last people I told and I just told her that we had some news and then said, "You're going to be grandparents again." If you're wanting to make a production of it, check Pinterest for some pregnancy reveal ideas. I waited until I was about 9 weeks to tell my mom. A lot of people say wait until you're in your second trimester, but it's all what you're comfortable with.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @DrillSergeantCat Thank you for that feedback!