1st Trimester
Options

Scared of having another miscarriage

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a year now. I found out I was pregnant at the beginning of June and later that week I started spotting. I ended up micarring the following Sunday. We were both upset, but I felt like it was Gods way of letting us know that it wasn't our time yet to have a baby. I took another test yesterday and it was positive. I was so happy. To make it extra special, yesterday was also our anniversary. I went to the store and got a "Congrats, you're expecting" card. He was thrilled! I started spotting in the evening. I didn't let him know. Its not dark red, but I'm scared what my doctor will say. I'm waiting to hear back from her. Does anyone have any words of encouragement? Or have a similar situation?

Re: Scared of having another miscarriage

• Options
    I'm on my 3rd pregnancy (2 loses) and as far as I can tell being nervous will never go away. One thing that has really helped me is knowing that I'm pregnant now. I've been trying to enjoy every second that I get to be pregnant! It's a miracle that we can conceive a baby and even more amazing that there are so many born! Just try to take it one moment at a time. Have you made an appointment with your doctor? After seeing mine I felt a lot better and he is watching my hcg to make sure it is rising! I hope you have a very healthy and happy 9!
  • Options
    Thanks, I have an appointment in a couple of hours. I hope what I'm experiencing is just implantation bleeding. I will update after my appt. Wishing you a healthy pregnancy as well!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi lovely.
    Firstly, congrats.
    I too had a MC in July and then got pregnant in August.
    I have had bleeding from about 5 weeks on and off. I've had 2 scans (7 weeks & 11 weeks). Both were absolutely fine. Baby is fine and is growing normally.
    There is no explanation for the bleeding, & scarily mine has been accompanied by pain. Sometimes red, sometimes pink, sometimes brown. Pain has been sharp and achy. Massively reassuring for you to hear from someone that's been through the same thing & is almost at 12 weeks.
    Lots of love and luck xxx
  • Options
    I don't believe it would be implantation bleeding, as you wouldn't have been able to turn a test if the embryo hadn't yet implanted. However, spotting is a common symptom in pregnancy and doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong! I hope you get good news at the doctor!
  • Options
    I completely understand your feelings.... I'm trying to stay positive but I would be lying if I said I didn't worry. Every little cramp, ache, or pain freaks me out. My first appointment is next week, I will be 6 weeks then and last time I miscarried the day before my 6 week appointment. Right now I just want to pass that 6 week mark.
    2 angel babies Jan 2015 and Nov 2015
    BFP Sept 2016
    Fingers crossed for a sticky rainbow baby!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Loss mentioned****. I know how you feel. I'm nearing the tail end of my first trimester (11+3) and I'm terrified every day of losing the baby. I had a loss last year at 8 weeks that has definitely compounded my fears. I'm sure second trimester will come with it's own set of fears but this first trimester has definitely been really hard
  • Options
    So sorry about your previous loss. Maybe ask your doc about getting on progesterone right away. They can test your levels to be sure. Fingers crossed for you.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Similar stories here... We had a D&C in August after our miscarriage and got pregnant again in August! Immediately after... Doctor wasn't thrilled. We've had our first ultrasound at 7 weeks and everything looked great. Next one for us is Monday (11 weeks) and yes I'm nervous, scared, and anxious for the first trimester to be over with. This is our third pregnancy and we are thanking God for healthy baby (or babies)! Prayers for you and your pregnancy also!

There were two gestation sacs at our 7 week US... One was confirmed with a baby, the other we couldn't confirm or deny a baby in. And the doctor said often with fraternal twins the babies could be a week to ten days apart... So on Monday we will also find out if there's two babies or one. I'm freaking out! Has this happened to anyone else?
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! They are going to check and make sure my hcg levels keep going up. My doctor said today I checked out fine. I will be going every couple of days for blood work to make sure my levels keep rising. Thanks again for all your kind words. Praying that we all have healthy babies.