3rd Trimester
Options

Water breakage?

So I woke up early this morning like 4-5 am thinking my water broke. I called in. Told her what happened and she said come in later.(basically) because I keep having water like discharge (get checked )
And nothing. So I have decided to put a pad on. Two I have dropped in the toilet. So I start again...
This is the final one. And then they can check it.

But my main question is.
Does your water break and leak and leak.
Or can your water break and not leak for days... Then get "checked" then nothing again...
For my last two..
I felt what I have felt twice now before and went to hospital had baby! Twice now with this pregnancy but it's never been anything... So I'm super confused. I'm not sure what to think...

Also, with my other two pregnancies.. I never felt Braxton hicks or contractions until in the hospital with pain management.
So I almost don't know what one feels like.. I kind of have an idea if I'm having one. But at the same time.. I just don't know.
I think this baby has taken every brain cell I have to make her! Lmao!

So I'm just wondering on what you guys think on what I have said?
Should I make 1 more trip to the hospital..
I'm not in pain, no contractions.
Just confused I guess

Re: Water breakage?

• Options
    My water broke with my last 2 pregnancys as well. I am 40+2 today and have felt the same sensations only to realize it is urine. Yep urine. Super common in pregnancy and I would think especially common with baby #3.

I test it by texture. Waters are a little bit "oily" and will be smooth between your fingers were urine just, well is urine.
  • Options
    Thanks that helps.
    I've been doing the "sweet smell"

Lmao.. My goodness!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    For me I wasn't sure either, so I put on a new pair of panties and lied down for about 15 minutes. As soon as I got up, I could feel wetness down there again. That was when I knew it was real and started t9 get ready to leave. I must have gone through 5 pairs of panties before I made it to the hospital.
  • Options
    With my DS my water started to break at 38 weeks. It was just a tiny bit and I thought I might of peed myself so I put a pad on and about 10 minutes later it happened again. Went to L&D and they check it and sure enough it was my water breaking.
  • Options
    I'd go to the hospital- just so they can test it- it's a simple test, and you can "slow leak" amniotic fluid without having a big gush.
  • Options
    When my water broke with my first I thought I peed the bed, got up went to the bathroom. changed my pants, starting walking back to bed and my leaked again. paced a little woke up my husband and said i think it's time, No contractions. We went the hospital (looking like I peed my pants) and one of the nurses asked if I was sure i was in labor. I looked and pointed down to my pants and he goes YEP. lets go. Put me and a wheel chair and off went.
  • Options
    When my water broke it continued to leak and leak throughout the day. When I finally went to l&d, fluids were so low they said baby was coming that day.