3rd Trimester

Early induction from GD

Early induction due to gestational diabetes... How does it work and how did your labor go? I plan to talk more with my OB next week about it but I'm clueless about it all

Re: Early induction from GD

• Early induction due to gestational diabetes... How does it work and how did your labor go? I plan to talk more with my OB next week about it but I'm clueless about it all

It can be different from dr to dr. For me when I was induced (not for GD), I came in early morning, they started a pitocin drip, broke my water, and let things happen from th
  • I am lurking, but I have type 1 diabetes and I was induced with my DD.
    I came in the night before so I could have Cervadil to ripen my cervix. The next morning they took the Cervadil out and start Pitocin. I was on an insulin drip. My induction took all day and I got an epidural and then I had my daughter at 11pm at night. It all just depends on how the hospital and doctors do it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Similar to pp. I was induced last pregnancy for gd at 37 weeks. I got called in early mini about 6am started pitocin , got my waters broken shortly after and things progressed from there. They had me on an insulin drip and checked my sugars every hour while in labour. Baby girl was born at 4:57pm.