Baby Names

35 weeks and confused on name!

Sorry to bug you sweet ladies but we need help!

We'd debated names for LO and finally both agreed on the name Emily Rose. Rose is a very meaningful family name and I wanted a first name that I could shorten to a nn, we've been calling her Emmy.

Anyways after months of being "sure" I've gotten cold feet that Emily is just a little too common for my taste. I stumbled on the historic name Emmeline. I love it! DH isn't sure, he's worried it's too weird. We would usually just call her Emmy but I like that's she have a formal, unique name to fall back on - Emmeline Rose. DD is 2 and her name is Ella Catherine, we call her Ella Cate.

TIA!

Re: 35 weeks and confused on name!

• I think Emmeline is okay, though nms. I prefer Emilia.

• My LO is Emeline. We love it! Not weird at all!
  • Loading the player...
  • My niece is Emmaline Elizabeth and we call her Emmy. :)
  • I like Emmaline. I think Emmy works as a stand alone name too. I like both better than Emily. It's a little plain/forgettable.
  • I think Emmeline Rose is lovely. I like Emily, too.
    imageimage

• Emmaline isn't too unique. I actually think it has the potential to become very trendy with the current urge for Em girl names. I like itbut I do think it will have huge jumps in the next few years. Emily is popular but classic. 

• Emily is nice but you're naming her after a horror movie. Emmeline is great. It's not weird.
  • Your daughters names are awfully similar if they are Ella and Emmy.
  • Emily is nice but you're naming her after a horror movie. Emmeline is great. It's not weird.

Are you thinking of Audrey Rose? (movie)

• saham07 said:
    Emily is nice but you're naming her after a horror movie. Emmeline is great. It's not weird.

I'd guess it's the film 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose' she's referring to
  • Absolutely love Emmeline - great choice!
  • saham07 said:
    Emily is nice but you're naming her after a horror movie. Emmeline is great. It's not weird.

Yup sorry, should have been specific. I love her name choices though - both of them.

I was trying to place why Emily Rose sounds nice but gives me an unpleasant feeling. That would be why.
  • queenwog said:

I was trying to place why Emily Rose sounds nice but gives me an unpleasant feeling. That would be why.
    Ha ha yes apparently the exorcism of Emily Rose is a well known horror movie. Not a deal breaker but not the best connotation either ;-)

• It's not weird at all!!
  • saham07 said:

Okay. Got it. I have never seen that movie
  • I love Emmaline!
  • I think Emily and Emmeline are both beautiful but Emily Rose and Ella cate sounds perfect together!!!
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16