Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Friday

Month/cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R/CS:

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band?

Re: WTO Friday

• Options
    MamaBishMamaBish member
    edited October 2015
    Month/cycle: 5

CD:8

WAYDTGKU: waiting

R/R/CS: this is a super boring post, lol

Mariah Carey
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    Month/cycle: 4

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU:  temping and pnvs

R/R/CS: Nah. Just bummed DH will be gone CD 9-25 so not good prospects this cycle. Also glad that my temps are stabilizing - they're always BSC during AF.

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? I have no idea. I'll go with Paul Simon's Graceland album in lieu of picking something more specific. I always love that album.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited October 2015
    Month/cycle: 11/12

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU:  all the things

R/R/CS: I'm just waiting for another temp or two to get my CH.  Based on my temps I'm pretty sure I O'd on CD12 or 13...hopefully 13 because my timing is better if that's the case. 

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? My favorite all-time band is Blink-182.  They are the whole reason DH and I became such good friends before we started dating.  We met in college during Biology class and became instant friends when we found our favorite band is Blink-182. We wore Blink shirts in some of our engagement photos :)  Some other fave bands are Emery, Third Eye Blind, and Hanson.  Yes, Hanson as an "Mmmbop".  If you listen to their new stuff its actually really, really, good. 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 2/2 

WAYDTGKU: Temping, OPK's, CM, PNV's, HIO at least EOD.

R/R/CS:  3 days in a row I've slept through the night! Woo! Once I figure out how to post my chart, I will. I'm totally new to this, so if anyone has any thoughts on it, plz share!

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? This is so tough....but I'll go with Fleet Foxes. I love so many of their songs.
    Me: 28
    DH: 31
    Married: May 2015
    1 Furbaby
    BFP 11/27/15
    EDD 8/4/16

• Options
    Month/cycle: 1/1

WAYDTGKU: the normal, bought my first pack of opk's, they should be here saturday. af has left the building so bring on the bd.

R/R/CS: Day 4 in a row of remembering to temp! idk if it is too soon to tell but can someone check out my chart(link below) and see if it looks normal?

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? ooo, such a tough choice. Favorite song right now is Andy Grammer's Good to Be Alive. 
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 1

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: CM, BBT, OPKs

R/R/CS: The anticipation is building. Holy cow. First time in my life I could get KU. CD 1 feels like a lifetime ago, I can't imagine how long TWW will feel. OPK's came in the mail yesterday!!! I P'dOAS for the first time! Hopefully this will help me out since the thermometer sucks and first month of BCP could mean anything. Only thing I'm terrified of is a super long cycle...

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon, Mumford and Sons... that kinda thing!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• Options
    Month/cycle: 5/4

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: all the things.

R/R/CS: big temp drop today, maybe O? No positive opk yet though. Chat attached fit those interested

My favorite of all time is Ben Folds, but I also love love love The Head and the Heart and Vampire Weekend.
    @Paturkey we love Graceland and always listen to it on long car trips!
  • Options
    Month/cycle:2

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: Everything right now until the 28th. Not sure when I'm going to O this month so we will see.

R/R/CS: Yesterday my temp was at 97.75 and this am it dropped to 96.86. Since this is only the 2nd day of temping I can't really do anything with it. Just odd I think.

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? Fight song by Rachel Platten

Addison (DD) born 6/10/12
    M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14
    Rainbow Koen (DS) born 7/9/16

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• Options

WAYDTGKU: temping, all the sex now that AF is gone!

R/R/CS: I'm bummed because my 3:30 alarm either didn't go off or I slept through it so I ended up temping about an hour later than normal.  It was a little higher, but not much so I think it will be OK.  Need to figure out what happened with the alarm though.

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? I'm not really into music enough to have a favorite.  I tend to mostly listen to the radio (lots of Top 40 and country).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 4/4

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: PNV, temping, OPKs, apparently not sex (see rant)

R/R/CS: I wasn't even going to post about this because it's embarrassing but I was lurking on TWW and posted to commiserate with someone there. I am on CD 13 and we have not had sex AT ALL this cycle. I planned to do ED from Wednesday-Sunday (expected O date) or at least EOD, but nothing. We are always tired during the week, and we have a 7yo at home so alone time doesn't happen until later in the evening, but of course I would suck it up. But sometimes I feel like I'm badgering H about it, he has a medical condition that causes him to have back pain and fatigue sometimes, so I haven't really initiated this week so of course it hasn't happened. We talked about it last weekend though and I told him what needed to happen and what days, and he asked about my temp on Monday or Tuesday and I told him it was still low and I expected to O Saturday or Sunday, so again he knows what needs to happen. Got an almost positive OPK this morning so I'm expecting this afternoon might be a real positive, and I'm just so frustrated. I don't even know what to do at this point. I know it's not an attraction issue, and I know he wants a baby, so I really don't know where the disconnect is.

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? I don't know that I have a single favorite. I like country music, so maybe Tim McGraw.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    @sldp123 we got through the same thing, even before TTC. I almost always initiate and it can be so frustrating. He asks when it's go time, really wants a baby, and says he's totally attracted to me, but is often so tired from work that it makes it a challenge. Have you tried changing the time of day or location? Sometimes that helps with my DH.

Hang in there.

• Options
    @katetastrophem I agree, today looks promising for O (all the usual caveats that you already know)! I'll keep my fx for you!
  • Options
    @sldp123 my husband only wants to have sex about once a week and when I bring up the fact that we may need to try every couple days (not even touching ED) during FW he shuts down.  We've had issues with how much even before TTC. It's frustrating to me and him sometimes.  Hang in there!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    oandmplus1oandmplus1 member
    edited October 2015
    ***Chart Stalk / Question****

Month/cycle: 4

CD: 26

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R/CS: Ok I have no idea what to think.  I have had 8 flashing smilies and fertile CM for over a week too and no positive wondfo opk, but I got a temp rise today.  To be fair - I temped early (so technically it should have been lower), but my DD was crawling into bed with me while I temped and the first time my mabis didn't turn on, so I had to re-take it.  Would it have made that big of a difference?  As a comparison the temps with open circles on CD 23-24 were taken at the same time of night.

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? My guilty pleasure it Taylor Swift... I just love her

• Options

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: everything except OPKs

R/R/CS: I've been freaking out a little lately because all the moms on my FB feed are always complaining about their kids. Everyone always complains about having no money, no sleep, bratty kids, etc. And then I read the postpartum preparedness thread... For someone TTC it is terrifying. DH and I have a good life right now - we have a little money in the bank, we travel a few times a year and we enjoy each other. It scares me so much that all of that will go away. We do see families who travel when we are on vacation and look at them and want that for us too (so we do know it's possible). And I know the sleep deprivation is limited. Many of the women here have been here for awhile and seem so rock steady in their decision to have a baby. Do you ever have second thoughts? 

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? I love country and listen to the radio a lot. Love Eric Church and Florida Georgia Line right now.

@sldp123 - in your case, maybe quality over quantity will help things? Rather than BD every day leading up to O, just try for today and tomorrow. Your timing will still be good. Are there any positions that are easier on DH's back? (rhetorical question lol)
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    @sboston06 I know I want kids in that weird biological clock ticking kind of way.  But when I actually visualize a child in my life and what that will (may?) look like and the impact it will have on my relationship it does scare me.  I don't know that I have second thoughts, but it does make me pause and give me a little anxiety.  I think it's normal to have questions and fears about huge life changes so I'm just going with that.
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 17, but 5/6 temping

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: temping, checking CM and CP, OPKs, prenatals, baby aspirin, CoQ10, l-arginine, royal jelly, chromium. This cycle will be avoiding coffee and alcohol and following the recommendations for my fertility type from the Making Babies book.

R/R/CS: AF I hate you

Radiohead, especially circa OK Computer, Amnesiac, The Bends and Kid A.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    chanfachanfa member
    edited October 2015
    @sboston06 I have read that PP thread and honestly it scared me too. In the end, I think about how DH and my in laws will help and it always makes me feel better. As for the parents complaining about their kids, usually for me those parents are the ones who are unhappy with life so they complain about everything. However, having kids is hard but I always see the happy parents and they do tell me that it is worth it.

**General question about annovulatory cycles in r/r/cs***

Month/cycle: 3/3

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: HIO ED 

R/R/CS: I am just waiting for temps to confirm O which I think happened on CD 16. I played around with temps this morning and if my temps are still high by Sunday, I will get CHs for that day. I have been worried about an annovulatory cycle though. If it is, will someone still throw a positive opk or will it always be negative?

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? Mariah Carey probably, the old stuff not new

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @AL_TwinCities yuck sorry about cd1
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • Options
    @megstervt @katetastrophem @sboston06 Thank you for your responses! It's comforting to know it's not just me with this problem. The thing is, prior to TTC it was fine because I don't really require a lot of sex, and we are affectionate in other ways all the time, so once a week or even every couple weeks sometimes was fine. But you're right, I only need quality, not quantity, so we still have today and tomorrow. I guess I just need to be blunt with him. Don't know why that's so hard for me.

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    Sorry about cd1 @AL_TwinCities :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    Month/cycle: 7/5

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: nothing right now until af leaves.

R/R/CS: last cycle I bled for 20 days. Then 12 days later I start bleeding again. That makes it a 32 day cycle so maybe that means I am regulating. I prayer for a normal period this time around. Bleeding for that long sucked!!!

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? The Beetles.

pregnancy ticker
  • Options
    @chanfa - you're right. My parents live the next town over and always help with my brother's kids so they can go out for date nights. It will be harder for sure but not impossible. One of the things that helped with our decision to TTC in the first place was someone telling me that no one regrets their children. Of course people may wonder what would've been, but for the most part I think this is true. As for your question, I think you can still get a +OPK even in an anovulatory cycle. That's why they say you can only CONFIRM O by temping. You may still get a +OPK and the LH surge but not actually release an egg.

@megstervt - right now we are looking at houses too so it's two huge life changing events at once. Could just be a little overwhelmed with the combined stress of them. Your description of the anxiety/fear is exactly how I feel. I don't want to scare DH because my FW is approaching fast, but I also think the reason I"m having these fears is because my FW is here...

@AL_TwinCities - sorry about CD1 :(  Hope AF doesn't stay long.
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    thanks @sboston06 ! I think it is absolutely normal to have second thoughts. We don't know what the true experience is until we have one. I think if you are going through the TTC journey and look forward to having your own baby one day, you will make it through. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 1/1

CD: 28

WAYDTGKU: All the things. 

R/R/CS: I had a dip yesterday (although I'm a little skeptical about it) then something of a spike today. But what do I know. 

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? Belle and Sebastian, Decemberists, Stars, Breathe Owl Breathe... there are so many. I am really into Lady Lamb right now, who is a small-time started-out-local singer. 
  • Options
    @sboston06 I feel the same way very often, and in some ways it's comforting when AF comes. I tell myself that I'm happy with what I have right now and I try to enjoy it even more.

Month/cycle: 3/3

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: Just temping and regular sex, trying to avoid turning into a crazy lady with OPK and all

R/R/CS: not much, trying to take it easy this cycle. I wanted to order some royal jelly to help increase the thickness of my lining because my period was so watery/light last month but I changed my mind and decided I'm gonna trust my body.

Coldplay and also Angus&Julia Stone
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 14/13

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, POM juice and OPKs

R/R/CS: I'm good

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? I'm really loving Taylor Swifts Wildest Dreams right now
    DS#1: born Dec 29, 2013 
    TTC#2 since Sept 2014 - unexplained secondary IF
    BFP #2: 11.7.14  M/C: 11.27.14 @ 6w3days
    BFP #3: 04.19.2015 M/C 04.27.15 @ 4w3days
    BFP #4: 10.05.2015 C/P @ 3w4days
    Oct 11, 2015: Cycle 13. Starting Femara (2.5mg). HSG this cycle (all clear) - BFN
    Nov 12, 2015: Cyle 14. Femara 5mg + IUI - BFN
    Dec 10, 2015: Cycle 15. Femara 5mg + IUI #2 - BFP #5! C/P 4w4d
    Jan 10, 2016: Cycle 16. Femara 5mg + IUI #3 - BFN.
    Feb 10, 2016: Cycle 17.  No IUI or meds. Taking a break - Natural BFP Mar 5, 2016!!!! EDD Nov 16, 2016
    Moving to IVF March 2016
    Beta at 10dpo: 21, Beta at 12dpo: 98, Beta at 14dpo: 264, Beta at 16dpo: 745
    U/S 6w6d: single beautiful heartbeat of 121bpm - It's a boy!!!!
    Nov 3, 2016: Our family became complete. Welcome DS #2.
  • Options
    Bubblegum5586Bubblegum5586 member
    edited October 2015
    Month/cycle: 4/5

CD: 2

WAYDTGKU: Waiting for AF to leave

R/R/CS: Enjoying not temping for the next few days so I can relax and sleep in!

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? My favorite band is SOJA. They are an amazing reggae band with an amazing message! Check out this really cool music video about treating our world better! 

sboston06  - I feel the same way too! I enjoy our life right now and I am scared to change it all. I am working a 2nd job to help us save more and pay down more debt so when we finally have a LO we will hopefully be in a better position. But I go through ups and downs constantly and one minute don't want to change a thing and the next minute so frustrated I haven't gotten my BFP!

Me - 33; DH - 33
    Dating 1/18/06
    Married 9/21/13
    BFP #1 12/15/15 - C Born 8/27/16
    BFP #2 1/10/20 - EDD 9/8/20

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Month/cycle: 3

WAYDTGKU: temping, sex

R/R/CS: my husband doesn't seem to be a fan of the quickie. I think he really wants to make sex enjoyable and sexy (which is really sweet), but some nights I just want to get it done so I can go to sleep.

GTKY: I am not really a music lover. Of course I listen to music, but I really don't follow the new upcoming bands and I cannot tell you the last time I updated my MP3 player. Actually, my MP3 player broke several years ago but I wanted to listen to music while I ran. I found my old MP3 player that still worked and started using that instead - it has music on it that I listened to in HS and college. Some of it is really bad but I don't care.

• Options
    Month/cycle: 8/9

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU:  all the things

R/R/CS: allergies suck

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? Taylor Swift
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 5/3

CD: 25

WAYDTGKU: Everything but OPK

R/R/CS: My temp took another nose dive this morning. Even though I had the flu shot on Wednesday, I got my hopes up that I was finally going to ovulate. It's still higher than a lot of my other temps though! I'm guessing that doesn't count... I have a bad feeling I won't be ovulating this cycle or it'll be another long one.

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? Green Day. I prefer everything up through American Idiot. I also love Nirvana.
  • Options

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: all of it

R/R/CS: Yours truly was ready for a break from sex yesterday. Time stamp it. Hoping for CH soon.

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? Right now, digging on David Bowie's Space Oddity (the version from Walter Mitty)...well, pretty much that whole soundtrack.
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• Options
    Month/cycle: 8

CD: 1.... Damn it.

WAYDTGKU: Sulking.

R/R/CS: Working on picking myself back up to try this yet again. Harder every time.

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band? Ed Sheeran
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Fur child: One awesome Golden Retriever
    IUI August 2016  : Cancelled due to polyp
    September 2016: Polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    October 2016: IUI #1- BFN
    November 2016: IUI #2- BFN
    December 2016: IUI #3 - BFN
    January/February 2017 - IVF + ICSI + PGD
    March 2017 - FET

• Options
    sorry about AF @Mlight28
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 6

WAYDTGKU:  Temping, Charting, Sex AOAP

R/R/CS: So far I've got nothing. The beginning of the WTO phase is pretty boring. NBR IRL My husband and I moved 1.5 tons of gravel, by wheel barrow, into our backyard yesterday. I did about 3/4 before my husband got home. That's right, I moved a literal ton of gravel by myself yesterday. My arms hurt. 

I'm honestly not that into music. I have songs and bands and singers I like, but it is just not a big part of my life. I'm really liking Florence and the Machines and Sia right now though. I also like Rend Collective Experiment. 
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• Options
    edited October 2015
    sboston06 said:

"...DH and I have a good life right now - we have a little money in the bank, we travel a few times a year and we enjoy each other. It scares me so much that all of that will go away."

I too question the money thing (more like "can we financially do this?") but I have no doubt we are prepared to trade in travel and romance for family time. I don't think you can compare a relationship before and after baby, I have a feeling it changes entirely. You go from dating/courting to partnership through thick & thin. The rewards and measures of success are probably totally different. I think you both need to be ready for that kind of paradigm shift.

Me: 33 | DH: 34
    TTC #1 Oct 2015
    BFP Mar 26, 2016 - DD born Nov 2016 <3
    TTC #2 since Mar 2017
    DX: MF June 2019, varicocele embolization Jan 2020, good improvement (14 mil, low motility)
    IUI#1 Aug 2020 - BFN
    IVF #1 Dec 2020 (ICSI) - ER, freeze-all - 15 retrieved, 15 mature, 15 fertilized. 4 embryos frozen, all day 5 blasts!
    FET #1 Feb 2021 - BFN
    FET #2 Apr 2021 - BFP 5DP5DT!! Beta #1 13DP5DT (17DPO)  = HcG 1,238. Beta #2 17DP5DT (21DPO) = HcG 8,269

• Options
    *children mentioned*

Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: Temping & PNV; waiting out AF

R/R/CS: Excited that my DH took the day off to spend the day with the boys and I.

GTKY: What's your favorite song or singer or band?  Fun (band), Pink (singer/artist), Defying Gravity (song) are some of my favorites...it changes pretty often.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014