High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Incompetent cervix

I delivered my first baby at 24 weeks with no signs of any problems until it happened, I'm pregnant again with my second, had a cerclage done as well as taking progesterone. I'm coming up on 22 weeks in a few days and my mind keeps worrying that I will deliver early or something will happen, I haven't fully accepted the fact that I'm expecting due to the thoughts of doubts. I was wondering if anyone has had success with the surgery in making it to the last trimester?

Re: Incompetent cervix

• Options
    This is my first pregnancy and my cervix is very short but they wouldn't do a cerclage because they found mine too late and was considered low risk since I have no history of pre-term labor. But I've read a ton of success stories with women that do have them making it to term or at least close to it. So it's completely possible.

I'm only on progesterone which is also proven to be helpful, so if you're not on that you might want to ask your doctor about it. They found my cervix was short at 22 weeks and it's continued to go down, but I'm approaching 32 weeks now and so far so good!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If you don't have any luck here try Keep 'em Cookin!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cmn2k9

I had a cerclage placed at 14 weeks and I'm now 30 weeks:) I have a really short cervix (1cm) since 19 weeks. I am on moderate bed rest and progesterone for the last 3 months and everything is stable. I also miscarriage in the past. One at 20 weeks and one at 23 weeks due to my incompetent cervix:( it's really hard not to stress but let me tell you that the stitch will do the job and you will have your baby:) try not to stress to much and relax a lot!! I had some ups and downs during the last few weeks but sooo worth it:) if you need to talk don't hesitate:) best of luck... Melanie