June 2015 Moms

Bathing baby

2»

Re: Bathing baby

• ^ yeah, this. I say its twice a week but its not quite like that, its more like every 4-5 days. We just do it the night before DH goes back to work, so it would be Tuesday, Sunday, the next Thursday, then repeat. If he spits up all over himself I'll just wipe him down with a wet washcloth. He doesn't dislike bathtime, but he's not too into it, either, so that's another reason I don't worry about giving him a bath very often.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We do baths twice a week because LOs skin is pretty dry. And I'm lazy. She gets a lot of wipe downs in between!
  • I try for twice a week, but often it's just once a week, usually Sunday. It's hard to do it during the week!

I have Mustela No Rinse soap, so if they get spitty or a little stinky, I wipe them down with that in between baths.
  • @dancegurl1118 Do you use a humidifier in lo's room? I gave to use one for myself so I put one in Lo's room and it helped her dry skin.
  • jesshrou said:

The burts bees baby shampoo is very drying to my LO. I switched for a couple nights and went back to Johnson and Johnson.

Yes! Burt's Bees made DS1 very rashy. I was kind of surprised. We switched to California Baby. I do really like the Burt's Bees diaper cream though. Smells fantastic!

• I think the other reason LO only gets two baths a week is that DH for some reason is scared to bathe her, so it's all me on that. It's weird because he's totally fine (and 50/50) on all other baby tasks!
  • We use the big tub and are just doing once a week. DH does do a bottom rinsing when he changes a poopy diaper
  • We do every day because it's part of our bedtime routine, she loves it, and we just feel like she's at daycare all day with who knows how many germs, so it makes us feel better.  She also barfs a lot so we want to get that cleaned off.  She's starting to have some dry skin patches but the doctor last week just suggested only using soap every other day and using aquaphor on the rough spots, which seems to be working.

I really want to get her in the big tub...maybe i'll get in there this weekend and bring her with me.

• We tried the big tub with a towel under her head last night and it was a hit!! She spent a lot of time splashing her feet and giggling! Yay for big tubs! ❥
  • I have been too scared to make the transition from the puj tub in our sink, to the plastic tub in the tub. I bathe him twice a week. I was surprised to see how many people dislike burts bee - I use the "unscented" wash and it smells lovely. I also use the lotion and it smells like nothing. No skin issues at all even though he has very sensitive skin
  • @klkonwi Went to give LO a bath before her dr appt and decided to use the fancy soap we were gifted at my shower. Realized its Noodle & Boo! I was so excited. It smells fabulous! ❥
  • AlyLynn07 said:

jesshrou said:

The burts bees baby shampoo is very drying to my LO. I switched for a couple nights and went back to Johnson and Johnson.

Yes! Burt's Bees made DS1 very rashy. I was kind of surprised. We switched to California Baby. I do really like the Burt's Bees diaper cream though. Smells fantastic!

I got a gift pack of California baby and used that the other night. I bought the honest company wash but I think I'll use it for me instead. For some reason if a baby shampoo doesn't say "tear free"' I'm convinced it must not be gentle enough.