Babies on the Brain

Big news!

Hey guys,
This might be long, but lol Okay so DH and I are supposed to be waiting for November 15th to "try" to attempt to make my EDD if we conceived on the first try away from his Iron man Race. I ovulated on CD21 this cycle. My cycles are getting longer and that means November 15 will be CD19. Since my O day is so close to when we would "try" we may be trying next cycle. I had a break down because I thought I was having annovulatory cycle. Well I told him I didn't want to try anymore and went a little looney. He was upset because he wanted to try and I said it was too stressful because we have pushed back this date constantly. I told him this was supposed to be fun and with all the waiting its just stressful. So we decided not to have a plan. Next cycle we are going to take it day by day. I want to get pregnant lol but it would be kind of inconvenient to be pregnant in November. In July we will need to travel to Upstate NY. Js worried I will go early, but most first time mothers go late right? I would be around 38 weeks at the time of the race.
I'm so excited but torn! Should I wait longer? Omg I am so excited, but I'm scared me excited.

Re: Big news!

• I think it's impossible to try to plan a specific due date. And there's no way of telling if you'll deliver early, on time, or late, or even if you'll get pregnant in the near future at all. I've known first-time mothers who delivered early.

We have plans for the next year, too, but we're trying to get pregnant now anyway. You don't know if you're going to conceive at all, let alone at the time you want, so why put it off any longer than you need to? That's the way we look at it, anyway. If I get pregnant and it means we miss out on certain plans, so be it. Starting our family is more important to us than anything else. 
  • @EasterEggs I agree my worst fear is going into labor in NY but we can always contact a hospital there ahead of time to plan for it if I cam early. It truly is impossible to plan.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far is upstate NY for you? I'd probably try but be at peace with potentially staying home and missing the Ironman if you happened to get pregnant right away.
  • @Xstatic3333, Jeremy would just die if he missed the birth, but I want him to do his race. I figured if I went into Labor I could labor at the race and then go to the hospital there. Its about 3 hours away from where we live; Lake Placid NY.
  • Katm89 said:

@Xstatic3333, Jeremy would just die if he missed the birth, but I want him to do his race. I figured if I went into Labor I could labor at the race and then go to the hospital there. Its about 3 hours away from where we live; Lake Placid NY.

Hmmm, I think the bigger risk is you not being able to travel to watch. That said, if you have a healthy pregnancy I think many doctors are ok with 3 hours at 38 weeks. We had a 38 week friend drive 10 hours to our wedding (which we were shocked and flattered by!) I might bring another family member or friend to the race so if you needed to go in the middle of the day your H could continue the race?

Then again, I'm also a future FTM so I probably should defer to others on this. Either way, hooray for starting soon!
  • I would have some drinks, talk about this all again, eff all the time & hope I got pregnant! I LOVE that he has this race planned but I would just go with it &&& I would HOPE I started laboring then, but you probably wont!! Even if you do, get in touch with a local hospital & HOW COOL if you had your baby right after his race,,, i can see it now,,, "I was in the middle of my 586 mile bike ride when her water broke so i went even faster & won the race JUST to get my wife to the hospital where she birthed our first baby,,, baby MILES!!!" lol,,, i think im funny,,, 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Xstatic3333 My parents will be there and we will be staying there for the weekend. I think my brother in law and sis in law will be there too. So, I can go rest and nap and return to the race later if I want.
  • @jasrun80 I agree, if we got pregnant I would send my records just in case.. its a 17 hour race... and I can relax with chairs and food so hopefully I would be fine. I could even set DH up with a walkie talkie to send him a signal if I went to the hospital. I agree he would run faster but he thinks he would quit lol and he isn't happy about that idea
  • @Strickland8052 as I was reading what you wrote, I honestly felt like I could see our situation clearer and I think you put it so nicely. I do overplan.. My DH yells at me to stop planning and he keeps reminding me not to freak out until we actually get pregnant. Thank you so much everyone. Last night we had sex during our FW. Yesterday is believed to be our ovulation day, so it isn't good timing to conceive but its a huge step for us and my temp never went up this morning, so it is a huge step and I can actually final say we are trying!!! Heres to waiting for two years and finally have enough faith, trust and desire to take that leap.
  • Katm89 said:
    @Xstatic3333, Jeremy would just die if he missed the birth, but I want him to do his race. I figured if I went into Labor I could labor at the race and then go to the hospital there. Its about 3 hours away from where we live; Lake Placid NY.
    I think you may be underestimating what labor feels like... speaking from experience, I would never want to labor in public. I agree with PP that you're overthinking things. On the flip side, if you get pregnant the month after you may still be recovering and unable to make the race. Just something to think about. There will always be challenges along the way but you'll make it work. Good luck to you!
    July '16 May Siggy Challenge 

BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 29
    DH: 32
    Married: June 2011
    DD #1: December 2013
    DD #2: EDD July 2016
  • I agree, could be difficult. Thankfully i will have family there if I want to sleep haha
  • I've been trying to plan for a specific date for 7 months.  I've finally realized there is no planning involved in TTC really.  Just try and try and you'll get pregnant when you get pregnant!
  • Sure you could get pregnant on the first try (20% of chances) but you are already making the number 1 mistake of all women starting TTC : planning ahead. You have 80% chances of disappointment and this my friend will slap you in the face if you face your first BFN. Try to enjoy and control only what you can (taking PNV, eating well, exercising, etc)
    Good luck!
  • @jolydan, its my tww and honestly I would be super shocked  if it worked. i pretty much expect it won't ever work lol. i already have plans to test DH's sperm at 6 months ttc and if there are issues we will file to adopt. He's been exposed to a lot of radiation in the marines n never wore a cup playing football... n he bikes all the time with tight shorts

• @Katm89 I'm sorry I read my message again and I sound like a totally mean person. As much as I was expecting BFN the past few months for good reasons it still hurts to see those. I'm kind of jealous of girls who take BFN so well I guess ;)
    Good luck!
  • @jolydan totally did not take it as mean.. it is very true.. its kind of disheartening to think its not even worth expecting to happen. I bet I will still be a bit upset at first though