June 2016 Moms
Options

A freak out moment

Today I got my usual salad at CHOPT for lunch, which includes feta. Not thinking anything of it. A few hours later I got an email from one of the pregnancy news letters that listed foods to avoid. One of them was unpasteurized foods - which I know to avoid. It listed cheese examples and one of them was feta. So I begin to panic that I potentially ate unpasteurized cheese. :( I called the restaurant and also looked on their website and confirmed that all their cheeses are all made with pasteurized milk. What a relief, but for 30 minutes I was panicking and stressed which is probably causing even more harm than the slight chance I would get listeria! Ugh. Can anyone else relate? How do you handle these freak out moments ?

Re: A freak out moment

• Options
    If you live in the US, all commercially available soft cheeses are pasteurized. Enjoy away!

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    bprowessbprowess member
    edited October 2015
    I had a similar small moment yesterday when I ate alligator bites.  I did not think about it being seafood and potential mercury exposure.  I text hubby and told him that I need to be more careful. He assured me that I was fine and commended me for being conscious of it now (he's so supportive).  He probably did a Google search like I did.  I didn't freak out, but I felt guilty for not considering what I was eating before I ate it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh that's how I felt too. I need to be more cautious. Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant because it's so early on and my symptoms come and go.
  • Options
    My in laws are out of town so I've been going to their house once a day to feed the cat. I almost totally forgot that I'm not allowed to scoop litter! It's easy to forget about those little things, especially if they're regular things you're used to doing.

I had blue cheese in my Panera salad yesterday. Yay for all cheese in the US being pasteurized. Cheese=life.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker