Working Moms
Options

Struggling with a schedule

I work and have my own business which I love but I feel guilty because I don't feel like my kiddo is getting the structure he needs. He has the same baby sitter at my house Monday's and Friday's and tues weds and thurs goes to a different aunt each day. It's free loving care and I'm so thankful to have them but I don't know how to get them to try to get him on a schedule. Hell I can't even get him to sleep at home. He just hates naps. he is a challenging baby for sleep and just wants to be up. each person has their different ways of doing things so I don't know how to keep a consistent thing for him. I know if I had one person watching him it would be easiest but that's just not possible for me right now.

Is anyone else struggling with this? I also get so frustrated with all the stuff I read because it's geared towards stay at home moms. I want some advice on how to do things as a working mom too!

Re: Struggling with a schedule

• Options
    I work outside the home full time. While I was on maternity leave, I struggled as well. I was doing things, I "thought" I should do. Once I just stopped and started following my daughter's lead/cues, everything became much easier and less stressful. Her body naturally developed a loose routine that I could work from. 
    It's completely normal for babies to cat nap. Baby patterns change all the time during the first 18-24 months, due to regressions, growth spurts, meeting milestones, teething, illness, etc as well. 

• Options
    I don't know how old your kids are--but I worked to try and get DS on the daycare schedule I knew he would have shortly before I went back to work from maternity leave. We try to keep this schedule on the time our daycare is closed (weekends and holidays). You could always just tell everyone that you would like to see a morning nap between 9:30-11 a.m. and an afternoon nap between 1-3 p.m. or something. Feeding, diaper changes and etc might all fall into place around nap time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would just be straightforward with the aunts, tell them you are trying to get him on a schedule to help your life and his life. maybe make a mock schedule of what you would like it to be like. don't expect them to stick to it to a tee but close enoguh in my book is good. 
    Me: 29 | SO: 28
    Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
    DS Born: 6/02/2012
    Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
    Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
    BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21
  • Options
    I know free childcare is nice, but it might be better for your child in the long run to limit the number of places he is bouncing around during the week.

The key to a good schedule is consistency.