May 2016 Moms

Any Diabetic Mom's I need help

At ten weeks pregnant I'm just finding out that I have diabetes. I'm so scared

Best Answer

Re: Any Diabetic Mom's I need help

• Thanks so much.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had diabetes with my daughter so they tested me for this child and I have it again too. I'm on the lower end but I'm not sure what to adjustments to make. I just found out last week so now I'm just testing my blood sugars to see what causes it to be higher. I do notice sometimes my blood sugar is higher when I wake up than when I went to bed.
  • I failed the three hour glucose test horribly and am meeting with my new high risk doctor next Tuesday. Any ideas what I can expect? New diet? Pills? Insulin?Thanks!
  • Just found out my sugar is high and I have to go for the three hour test. Any suggestions and I am not happy about this.
  • Hi Guys, there's a Diabetic board on whattoexpect.com that is really great. 

It's likely that they'll put you on insulin as most diabetic pills aren't great for pregnant women and insulin ensures that your blood sugars will respond right away once injected. 

With high risk pregnancies you will be monitored a lot more closely - more ultrasounds, non-stress tests, lots of blood work and visits with doctor's. 

This is my second pregnancy as a diabetic (been diabetic for 13 years).

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                    Anniversary