Baby Names
Options

Too matchy with daughter's name?

We are team green and I am looking to have a few names ready once the baby is here. I have a 16 month old named Oona. I really like the name Etta...does it sound strange with Oona? I guess its the "a" ending that gives me pause. Thank you!

Re: Too matchy with daughter's name?

• Options
    I don't love them together. I would probably keep on my list but only use if it was the only one agreed on. Both nice names though!

• Options
    Them both ending in "a" doesn't bother me. To me Etta sounds more like a nn but that is just me. 

Antoinetta / Antoinette 
    Elisabetta 
    Henrietta 
    Loretta 
    Marietta
    Nicolette
    Odette 
    Rosetta / Rosette 
    Scarlette 
    Violetta 

Other names that I think go with Oona:
    Amelia
    Edith
    Esme
    Faye
    Isla
    Kylie
    Margo/Margot
    Nora
    Zoe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love Oona. Would put Aoife or Orla with Oona though, Oona sounds smooth compared to the harshness of the double T's in Etta IMO.
  • Options
    I love Etta. It's a little matchy with Oona, but not ridiculous. I also love Ada. Very similar sound/feel to me.
  • Options
    I'm naming my daughter Etta also! You just don't hear that every day. I think it is fine with Oona.
  • Options
    I love Oona!! That's the name of the main character in the kids show Puffin Rock.

I don't love it with Etta. I also prefer Etta as a NN, I love Loretta.
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the input! I like many of the suggestions. We are just starting the thought process so I will bring your comments to my SO.
  • Options
    The names are a little matchy for my taste but I think they sound fine together.