Baby Names

Another spelling post.

cglr2012cglr2012 member
edited October 2015 in Baby Names
What do you all think is better looking for my little boy name :

Kase William or Kace William ? (Pronounced case)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Married: May '15
M/C: May '15
Expecting DS: April '16

Re: Another spelling post.

• Neither.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope.  Not a fan of either.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Yeah, no. William Case is as far as I'd go with this one.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• I don't like either, but if you're really set on it, I like Kase way better than Kace
  • At first thought I saw Kace as Kacey and though you were trying to spell it differently. Do your son a favor and spell his name Case. Although it's nms, it's better than Kase or Kace.
  • Yeah, no. William Case is as far as I'd go with this one.

Same.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Case, if you must. Kase looks like a misspell an I read Kace pronounced like Casey.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• klirwin82klirwin82 member
    edited October 2015
    Case

ETA: spelling a male hard C name with a K is overly weird IMO. Too effeminate. Kristopher instead of Christopher? No. Usually those K instead of C names are for girls, like Kacey = girl, Casey = boy.
  • I'm also for Case vs Kase. But, if you MUST have the K (which I also agree I think its not good for a boys name), then Kase
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another vote for William Case
  • I like the idea of Casey. Casey William is cute.
  • Let me add, Kase is German means cheese. Don't do it.
  • Not a fan of either to be honest. How about William Casey?

Me 31 DH 41

TTC #1 since August 2014
    RE August 2015
    Surprise BFP! September 1, 2015
    IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Baby Eden born 5/11/16 <3<3<3

• I agree with PP re: Kase = Cheese in German.  It's all I think of when I see that.

Go with Case, or Casey.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • cglr2012 said:
    What do you all think is better looking for my little boy name : Kase William or Kace William ? (Pronounced case)
    You aren't asking opinions on the name, so I'll refrain from that.  To answer your question specifically, I'd go with Kace.
  • I don't understand what it is about the English speaking culture right now that mistakes the inability to spell with good taste. 

I'm not trying to be a jerk but it's not fair to your kid. 

Case is not my style AT ALL but it's not my baby. And if you like the name, please spell it the way it is meant to be spelled. It's not unique or even pretentious. It's just weird that parents would knowingly apply illiteracy to their child's name. I will never understand it.