Parker or Hugo? — The Bump
Baby Names

Parker or Hugo?

blissmadonnablissmadonna
10 Comments 5 Love Its Photogenic
edited October 2015 in Baby Names
Parker and Hugo are the top two names Hubby and I have decided on (so far). What do people like??

Parker or Hugo? 131 votes

Parker
54% 71 votes
Hugo
45% 60 votes

Re: Parker or Hugo?

• Hugo is awesome!

eastdurianoceanchild
  • I don't really love Parker. Hugo is ok, but I love the name Hugh. Not exactly what you asked haha, but I'd go with Hugo out of these two names.
    Love: 5/2004
    Marriage: 4/2008
    Baby Carriage #1: 5/2012
    Baby Carriage #2: 1/2016

• I really like Parker. The surname trend isn't loved on this board, but I don't think Parker is overly trendy, like Beckett or Hudson.

Not a fan of Hugo.
  • These are NMS at all but I guess I'd go with Hugo. I don't have a lot of friends with kids and I know 2 Parkers... also, not a huge fan of surnames.
  • I love the name Hugo! Parker isn't horrible but it's a little meh.
  • Hugo!
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• I really like Parker. The surname trend isn't loved on this board, but I don't think Parker is overly trendy, like Beckett or Hudson.

Not a fan of Hugo.

Agreed

• Love Parker. Almost went with that for ds
  • I actually like both of these choices. I do like Parker best although generally I don't like names that sound like last names.

Me 31 DH 41

TTC #1 since August 2014
    RE August 2015
    Surprise BFP! September 1, 2015
    IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Baby Eden born 5/11/16 <3 <3 <3

• Hugo. Watched too much Parker Lewis Can't Lose growing up.
  • Some may say Parker is too "surname-trendy", but I do have to disagree. I grew up with a Parker and know an older gentleman named Parker, as well. It ages very well and I like it. I prefer that to Hugo any day. Hugo reminds me of Hugo Boss cologne, which isn't really a big deal at all if you feel it is the name for your son. Personal preference for me would be Parker :)
  • Hugo is fantastic!
  • I'm not inherently against the last name as first name trend but Parker feels a little meh to me. I definitely like Hugo a lot more.
  • I love Hugo, DH isn't on board though and it doesn't sound awesome with our LN so I'm not pushing it.
  • Hugo was in our top 5 for a boy. We're having a girl so it won't work for us so well. 

But it'd be great for you!
  • I love Hugo, DH isn't on board though and it doesn't sound awesome with our LN so I'm not pushing it.
    This happened with us and Hugo too. We loved it so much that we ignored the fact that it sounded quite awful. Our last name sounds exactly like "You". 
  • Thanks ladies! I don't think I'll be able to fully choose which one until we meet the little guy and see what he suits. 10 weeks to go, I can't wait!!
  • If dark and burly (if a baby can be) Hugo is awesome!!
    groovylocks
  • I love the name Parker! I would totally have used it if we didn't know a Parker and if it weren't a little too close to our last name.
    DS1 5-18-2012
    DS2 5-18-2014
    DD1 EDD 6-21-2016

babysizercom pregnancy ticker