Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Please read and help! Ovulation test confusion

I have a clear blue ovulation kit that says I'm fertile with the smiley face but the first response ovulation tests are only showing one pink line can someone please help me understand why this is happening and if we try to conceive based on the clear blue will we get pregnant ?Has this happened to anyone else ?

Re: Please read and help! Ovulation test confusion

• Options
    I can't explain why that happened but I can tell you what everyone else is going to say: 1) even if your CB test is correct, you have a 20% chance of conceiving: 2) OPKs are merely a guideline that indicate an LH surge, which can happen multiple times a cycle; 3) the only way to know if you're ovulating is to temp; 4) we highly recommend charting and reading TCOYF and the Newbie thread at the top of the TTGP board.

Anyway, HIO and good luck with your journey!
  • Options
    Did you use the same pee?  Like dipped 2 different tests in the same cup?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No I used two different pees one last night for clear blue and then again first thing this morning for clear blue and then a third pee actually today for first response
  • Options

No I used two different pees one last night for clear blue and then again first thing this morning for clear blue and then a third pee actually today for first response

That's probably why you had the differences. I had a positive OPK at 8:30 this morning and then the same brand had a negative OPK 4 hours later. It's likely you caught the end of the surge with the clear blue. LH surges occur 24-36 hours before Ovulation (they trigger it) so having sex today would likely be able to catch the egg.