May 2016 Moms
Options

PSA: Board Organization. ****PLEASE READ*****

aamm04aamm04 member
edited October 2015 in May 2016 Moms
hi all! There has been some concern about the flow of the board so I think this will help clear things up for everyone.

Once again, please use the search function. For those of you that are new to TB since you got your BFP, these are standard to all boards. Anyone can start these threads, just please do not duplicate! Some work better if one person volunteers and I've noted those below. Feel free to volunteer!

Weekly Threads: these will be posted on Mondays and will run the course of the week.
-Symptoms thread
-Weekly randoms
-health/fitness (Usually works best if one person takes control)
-Moms of multiples (again, works best if one person volunteers and takes controls)
-weekly appointments

Daily Threads:
-ticker change!

Weekday Threads: happen once a week on the same day (please add date to thread title)
-Monday Bitchfest
-twatwaffle Tuesday!
-AW Wednesday
-Unpopular Opinion Thursday
-Flame Free Friday Confessions
***HDBD (hump day bump day) will be added Wednesday's once they're necessary!)

The overall flow of the board will be better if we can all agree to adhere to this. It will also allow for us to see important questions as they won't be buried.

I will also ask Bump Admin to add a sticky thread for questions regarding spotting and cramping, and for this as well.

Re: PSA: Board Organization. ****PLEASE READ*****

• Options
    Is there anyone who would be willing to compose a Google Doc of due dates!? Team pink, green, or blue and labor buddies can be easily added to that down the road!?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin @BumpTara can this get pinned to the top of the thread? We need some organization here!
  • Options

I've been doing weekly appointment if that at works for everyone?

*edited for autocorrect

Added.
  • Options
    I am not good with Google Doc (don't judge) so I probably wouldn't be the best to do that. 
  • Options
    mrstmoose said:

I am not good with Google Doc (don't judge) so I probably wouldn't be the best to do that. 

I'm mobile or I would.

• Options

Excited Exciting animated GIF

Whats HDBD?? Sorrry not familiar with that one?

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    @BuzzBee614 abso-freaking-lutely! We just are trying to become more organized!
  • Options
    @yogahh hump day bump day - pictures of the bumps/blumps when we have them.
  • Options
    @yogahh HDBD is hump day bump day
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    edited October 2015

I've been doing weekly appointment if that at works for everyone?

*edited for autocorrect

Go for it. Just to add my 2 cents. I like how the June board did theirs with having my people fill out the sections (progress, symptoms, rants/raves)

ETA I guess I'm dumb today I meant that about the weekly symptom thread.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    mrstmoosemrstmoose member
    edited October 2015
    @yogahh I feel yeah. I'm all about the carbs lately. I hope I don't become a lard ass.
  • Options
    I'm all for anything that will make this more organized.
  • Options
    m6agua said:

I just had an idea... I can create a thread with links to a bunch of the most common subjects and try to get it pinned. Everyone's thoughts?

Do it!
  • Options
    josie12367josie12367 member
    edited October 2015
    There is a Google Docs with due dates floating around. It's on one of the three due date threads....*sighs*

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/87745551#Comment_87745551

Edit to add link to post with Google Doc in it....
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    aamm04 said:

m6agua said:

I just had an idea... I can create a thread with links to a bunch of the most common subjects and try to get it pinned. Everyone's thoughts?

Do it!
    Ok not til I get home and can go on the desktop. Work blocked logging onto TB :(
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    @m6agua but. but. but. what are you supposed to do all day!?  :((
  • Options
    I never heard of The Bump until I got my BFP so total newbie here. Thank you for taking the reigns - I'm excited for an organized board!!

I feel like there are a lot of examples of what not to do but not many of the opposite. Can you guys explain times when starting a new thread is actually appropriate?
  • Options

There is a Google Docs with due dates floating around. It's on one of the three due date threads....*sighs*

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/87745551#Comment_87745551

Edit to add link to post with Google Doc in it....

Those threads are ridiculous! And the layout was weird having everyone copy and paste...
  • Options
    mrstmoose said:

@m6agua but. but. but. what are you supposed to do all day!?  :((

I know it sucks. It really cuts into my data having to mobile bump. Not to mention mobile bump is a pain!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    aamm04 said:
    Do it!
    The Intro post that @lalala2004 made forever ago has some links already (the Welcome May2016 moms! thread). That might be a good place to start. I agree though, that many common threads have come up since, and the redundancy is getting to be too much. Organization is definitely needed! : )
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:

aamm04 said:

m6agua said:

Do it!

The Intro post that @lalala2004 made forever ago has some links already (the Welcome May2016 moms! thread). That might be a good place to start. I agree though, that many common threads have come up since, and the redundancy is getting to be too much. Organization is definitely needed! : )

I bumped that thread and asked for it to be pinned. Can others also ask so Admin is more likely to pin them.
  • Options
    aamm04 said:

kbrands7 said:

aamm04 said:

m6agua said:

Do it!

I bumped that thread and asked for it to be pinned. Can others also ask so Admin is more likely to pin them.

They pinned it!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    Thanks for putting this together!! So neccesary!

BFP #1  7/19/15, CP 7/26/15
    BFP #2  9/17/15, EDD 5/28/15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Seriously just bumping because it's already down. @Bump Amy @Bump Cait @BumpAdmin @BumpTara please pin this!!!
  • Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    edited October 2015
    @aamm04 I was wondering if you would want to add this info to your OP

If you haven't already please introduce yourself here (please do not create a new thread).

Post your due date and team pink, blue, or green here (google doc).

Also please use the search feature before you post a new (old) topic. If you are on the computer the search function is on the right. If you are on mobile scroll all the way to the bottom and you will find it.

Cramping and spotting is normal and there are many threads about this already. Please search. If you are that concerned call your doctor.

Symptoms/Non Symptoms both are completely normal and everyone is different. Once again please use the search feature. Also there will be a weekly thread posted on Mondays to talk about any and all symptoms/non symptoms. Please use that thread throughout that week instead of creating new ones.

There are a few threads about sex during pregnancy.

Edited: one of the links was wrong.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    TTC#2 April 2019 

• Options
    It got pinned!
  • Options
    This is awesome!! Yay for organization!

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • Options
    Can someone please explain the ticker change thing? I might just be completely dumb but I don't understand the purpose or what it is. I tried to look in the guidelines and nothing. Thanks!!
  • Options
    Ok now I feel really dumb. I just read the ticker change for today and someone kind of explained it's for when you start a new week. I'm normally good at figuring things out (hence math teacher)...can I blame it on the pregnancy brain?
  • Options
    @JacksonMolly1 don't feel bad, I personally still don't think there's a big deal if you want to update daily. I'd rather have them all go there instead of 10 "is cramping normal" posts every day.
  • Options
    dshannah said:

Can we also have a thread or post that tells us what acronyms might mean?

I think I've got most of them (though FTM keeps throwing me for a loop), but what on earth is BFP?
    There is a link in the introduction post.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Can we also have a thread or post that tells us what acronyms might mean?

I think I've got most of them (though FTM keeps throwing me for a loop), but what on earth is BFP?
    There is a link in the introduction post.
    Thank you!!! I missed that:)
  • Options
    Thanks for posting.
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    Woohoo - thanks for posting this and getting it pinned!

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• Options
    PranksPranks member
    edited October 2015
    Great work all, the thread needed organisation!! I have a question though. understand team pink and blue but what does green mean??.

Edited: added the question!