October 2015 Moms
Options

Baby foot prints/hand prints at the hospital (unique ideas)

What are some unique ideas for your baby's prints? I've been told the nurses get so excited to do prints for you and I'd like to come up with some neat memorabilia with my little one's prints!

Some ideas I've heard of: picture frames, journals, college fan gear, newspaper cover page from the day of birth, monogram wooden letter "initial"...

Re: Baby foot prints/hand prints at the hospital (unique ideas)

• Options
    Oh interesting, I guess I can bring in the baby book. Do they have special non toxic baby safe ink??
  • Options
    Wigglesx2 said:

Oh interesting, I guess I can bring in the baby book. Do they have special non toxic baby safe ink??

YES! I was told my a nurse that the ink they provide is non toxic and will not affect your newborn's sensitive skin :) Don't worry about bringing your own ink, most hospitals have some. Just be sure to ask your delivery nurse!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh thank you! I felt dumb asking but I'm paranoid now over everything. I was thinking I have a shadow box for the hospital bracelet and home coming outfit so maybe I'll do a little card insert with his hand and foot imprint too!
  • Options
    Our hospital does it with carbon now so it's non toxic. Have you seen the ceramic plate idea on Pinterest? You use ceramic paint and spell out LOVE with the V being the foot prints
  • Options
    midge519midge519 member
    edited October 2015
    Just an FYI hand prints of a newborn are very difficult because they like to keep their hands balled up. I didn't know this until the nurse told me with my first. Footprints are easier and usually what they recommend.

Edit:please don't take that as anything other than genuinely being helpful. I realized I worded it a way it could be taken otherwise and my brain isn't working to word it better lol
  • Options
    One of the nurses told me they see a lot of women bring in tee shirts and they put footprints on the heart area of the shirt. Cute idea, but to me tee shirts don't seem very 'permanent.' I'd rather do something that will hold up longer. Definitely doing them in the baby book.
  • Options
    I've thought about doing this since we are so close to Halloween. I won't lug it all to the hospital. But it will be a fun project at home.