December 2015 Moms
Options

Shakeology and Breastfeeding?

Anyone have any experience with this product and its safety? The website and product sellers are rather vague.

Re: Shakeology and Breastfeeding?

• Options
    I would print off the ingredient list and bring it in to your next appointment. Your doctor/midwife can review or advise you to ask a lactation consultant as well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My OB said I could use it during pregnancy. I've know people that use it while pregnant and breastfeeding.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!
  • Options
    I went with vega one.... The baby couldn't take the milk that was in shakology and it was cheaper if I remember right
    "There is more to us than we know. Perhaps, if we are made to see it just once, for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less." - Kurt Hahn, Founder of Outward Bound

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JeterpantsJeterpants member
    edited September 2015
    I've been drinking shakeology for 3 years and have had numerous women on my team drink it while breastfeeding with no problems. I've already discussed it with my doctor who gave me the green light to continue drinking it. They also have a vegan option if need be. Of course I always recommend everyone checking with their own doctors. :)
  • Options
    I actually drank shakeology the first half of my pregnancy. The only reason why I've stopped is due to how costly it is. I have now switched to vega one protein (the one with greens). I prefer the flavor of shakeology over vega but vega still tastes good.