Trying to Get Pregnant

She Doesn't Even Go Here.

gonetotheseagonetothesea member
edited September 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hey y'all! Just a quick little post to introduce myself. I used to post quite a bit last year in here, but took a break. Now I mostly post in the baby names board.

I am 30, and my husband is 32. We will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary on Sunday, and are closing on a new house this Thursday!

I temp, use FF, and all of that jazz. Side note: I also use the Glow app as a secondary temping app. It's pretty neat because your husband / significant other can sign up as well, and they get notifications when you are ovulating or on AF. So, if you're weird about initiating sex during that small window of time each month, the app tells my hubs so I don't have to. :)

ANYWHO. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. I'm a HUGE movie buff, but have never seen the Labyrinth. Don't hate me.
Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
"It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Re: She Doesn't Even Go Here.

• Welcome!  I've never seen Labyrinth.  Maybe we can start our own little non-Labyrinth club? ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Seriously???
    Netflix it!

Also, hi :)

I knowww, I know. I need to! And I totally love David Bowie!
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Welcome and good luck!  :-h
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 09/18/2009
    TTC #1: 01/2015
    BFP #1: May 2015 | EDD: Jan 2016 | MC: Jun 2015
    TTC#2: 07/2015

• Welcome!  I've never seen Labyrinth.  Maybe we can start our own little non-Labyrinth club? ;)

Haha, sounds like a plan. :)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Welcome and good luck! I'm also in the "never seen Labryinth" group! :-h
  • Hi and welcome! I haven't seen Labyrinth yet either. I may watch it tonight since DH is out of town.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Welcome! I have seen Labyrinth but only last year after my husband looked at me with a "WTF" face when I told him. It was definitely very interesting
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ok, so I have seen Labryrinth, but what is up with it?? why all the Labryinth GIFs?? I don't remember the story line 100%......guess i need to be included on the movie night  :)

• Hi and welcome!
  • :-h

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Welcome and good luck hope your stay here is short and sweet. I also haven't seen Labryrinth.
  • Sadly, I am also a member of this club....and yes, we should ALL watch it on the same night!

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

You should call it the People Who Haven't Seen Labyrinth YET club and then schedule a date for when y'all will Netflix it the same night. You can make a new thread to post your comments as you watch. I vote you pick tonight. image
    But I don't have Netflix...flame away (I should have saved that for Friday, perhaps?)!
  • Okay, let's set something up! How about next week? I'm in the middle of moving right now, so I'd like to be able to be able to relax and actually enjoy it. What day works best for you ladies? We can set up a thread and chat when we all watch, as @letyourheartbeyourguide suggested!
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

You should call it the People Who Haven't Seen Labyrinth YET club and then schedule a date for when y'all will Netflix it the same night. You can make a new thread to post your comments as you watch.

I vote you pick tonight.

But I don't have Netflix...flame away (I should have saved that for Friday, perhaps?)!

Oh no! That's horrible. Netflix is my best friend.
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• I am far too excited about this! lol. I am game any day next week!!

Me: 28 DH: 33

DD: Born 7/30/13, 2 years old

TTC #2: August 2015

• I can't with Labyrinth. The first time I saw it I was all

wtf animated GIF

Never again. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Okay, let's set something up! How about next week? I'm in the middle of moving right now, so I'd like to be able to be able to relax and actually enjoy it. What day works best for you ladies? We can set up a thread and chat when we all watch, as @letyourheartbeyourguide suggested!

I'm totally down for this. Also, welcome; I love you already.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Two things:

1) One month free trial of Netflix. Once you're hooked, cancel before the month is up and then re-sign up using your SO's details for another free month. Binge watch Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, House of Cards, and Bloodline. And then seriously, just pay the $7/month to keep it ;)

2) I'll watch Labyrinth while y'all do and will try not to quote along the whole time. My SO might kill me (I made him watch it once ... his reaction was "WTF is this shit?") but it will be well worth it.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Welcome and good luck!

How are there so many people living in this world without the creepy, spectacular magic of Labyrinth in their lives?!? Lessons for life in that movie for real.
  • Thanks for the welcome, y'all!

How about next Wednesday? My husband and I are dorks and do a themed dinner and movie night every Wednesday night. We take turns creating a themed menu to a movie. The catch is that the movie has to be something the other person hasn't seen. So this will be perfect. I need menu suggestions from the gals who have seen it already. The hokier, the better.
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Themed dinner/movie is such a cute idea! I'm trying to think of Labyrinth-inspired food...

You need something that smells bad, like stinky cheese

Peaches in some form (https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/chicken-and-peaches-recipe2.html??)

Something that looks like eyeballs, like these tomato/mozzarella things:

For dessert: owl cupcakes

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Themed dinner/movie is such a cute idea! I'm trying to think of Labyrinth-inspired food...

You need something that smells bad, like stinky cheese

Peaches in some form (https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/chicken-and-peaches-recipe2.html??)

Something that looks like eyeballs, like these tomato/mozzarella things:

For dessert: owl cupcakes

I love it! Thanks for the ideas!
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Hello! I also have never seen it but I will say that I do not want to! Looks terrible!

(Runs and hides)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• MamaBish said:

Hello! I also have never seen it but I will say that I do not want to! Looks terrible!

(Runs and hides)

@MamaBish, you know I love you but thems fighting words!! :)

• Um, my post was supposed to also say "Welcome."

DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • chrlyr said:
    I can't with Labyrinth. The first time I saw it I was all

wtf animated GIF

Never again. 
    chrlyr  PAHAHAHA! ME TOO
    Except I'm twisted so I'll totally be watching it a second time.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • @gonetothesea Welcome Back!

Oh my gosh, my sex life would be totally ruined if DH got pinged every time I O.  Sounds like a cool app and I wish I could use it.  Poor DH gets perfomance anxiety.  If it is never mentioned and I put on something tight, I'm good to go.  

P.S. I have seen the Labyrinth probably 20 times. I had no clue it was on Netflix and it has probably been 10 yrs since I have seen it.  Would be totally down watching it again.  Netflix rules! 

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Welcome and congrats on the house!

Also, The Labyrinth is a classic and must be watched. For such gems as...
    David Bowie's flowing locks:

Tiny talking worms:

And dancing goblins!
  • Welcome! Congratulations on the house & the anniversary!! Don't feel bad, I haven't watched Labyrinth either. I'm down for a 'Netflix & chill' with you ladies! Lol!

PS: I love the references, spoken like a true lurker. {insert props gif here}
  • Yessss! I'm so psyched!
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Welcome.  I just wanted to say, I love your quote.  To Kill A Mockingbird is my favorite book!

Me: 32, DH: 38
    Married 1/14/12
    NTNP Since 12/13, TTC Since 1/15
    BFP: 11/4/15  Found out we were having TWINS 12/9/15 EDD: 7/11/16 Born: 6/29/16
    Team Blue x2!!

cartoon disney funny haters pixar

• calico34 said:

Welcome.  I just wanted to say, I love your quote.  To Kill A Mockingbird is my favorite book!

Thank you so much! It's my favorite book as well. I used part of that quote in my wedding vows, so it's very sentimental to me. :)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Welcome!

I am all for a labyrinth watching party. Are we talking about this coming Wednesday or next week. Let's set in a date, times may be different with time zones and all. But still count me in!

DH and I both love it. It's so crazy and nonsensical and also surreal and yeah at the end you're like "what just happened?" But that's the beauty. Movies today are just not like that anymore.

@gonetothesea love the idea of themed movie night. Definitely those cupcakes that @letyourheartbeyourguide mentioned but I think in Orange would make them more like those crazy I-don't-know-what creatures that dance around the fire.

So excited!
      Anniversary

• For a second I thought this might be a post complaining about people who don't 'go' to TTGP posting here, which usually happens on BMBs. *Whispers* I don't technically go here anymore. >.>

But welcome! 

I assume from the name of your thread that you've at least seen Mean Girls? In which case you should be OK here, even if you haven't seen Labyrinth (for shame). ;)
  • Welcome!

I am all for a labyrinth watching party. Are we talking about this coming Wednesday or next week. Let's set in a date, times may be different with time zones and all. But still count me in!

DH and I both love it. It's so crazy and nonsensical and also surreal and yeah at the end you're like "what just happened?" But that's the beauty. Movies today are just not like that anymore.

@gonetothesea love the idea of themed movie night. Definitely those cupcakes that @letyourheartbeyourguide mentioned but I think in Orange would make them more like those crazy I-don't-know-what creatures that dance around the fire.

So excited!

Yeah, next Wednesday, not this week. I'm on Eastern Standard time. How about you other ladies that wanna participate?

I'm excited about the themed dinner, tooooo!
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• For a second I thought this might be a post complaining about people who don't 'go' to TTGP posting here, which usually happens on BMBs. *Whispers* I don't technically go here anymore. >.>

But welcome! 

I assume from the name of your thread that you've at least seen Mean Girls? In which case you should be OK here, even if you haven't seen Labyrinth (for shame). ;)
    Haha, yes I was quoting Mean Girls. I figured that might be a universal movie that all women love. ;) And thanks for the welcome!
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Welcome! I am all for a labyrinth watching party. Are we talking about this coming Wednesday or next week. Let's set in a date, times may be different with time zones and all. But still count me in! DH and I both love it. It's so crazy and nonsensical and also surreal and yeah at the end you're like "what just happened?" But that's the beauty. Movies today are just not like that anymore. @gonetothesea love the idea of themed movie night. Definitely those cupcakes that @letyourheartbeyourguide mentioned but I think in Orange would make them more like those crazy I-don't-know-what creatures that dance around the fire. So excited!
    Yeah, next Wednesday, not this week. I'm on Eastern Standard time. How about you other ladies that wanna participate? I'm excited about the themed dinner, tooooo!

I'm on Pacific time, but very flexible.

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.