April 2016 Moms
Options

Lower back pain

I'm 12 weeks 2 day2. This past week has been really hard on my lower back. I don't know if this is because I was at WDW walking a lot. It was so bad to the point where i had to get a wheelchair. But even today, my first day back home, it still really hurts. I find no relief until i lay down. Is this normal for so early on?

Re: Lower back pain

• Options
    I didn't have as many issues the first time around but I'm having more lower back and hip pain earlier. I highly recommend a chiropractor. Just ask if they adjust pregnant women. It got me through my last pregnancy. Mine also has a massage therapist in house :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Me. Bad!!!! And the last Chiro I went to sucked balls so I went to find a new one. I found one that was highly recommended and went in. They requested my X-rays from the last place and they freakin lost my X-rays!!! Anyways. He won't work on me without X-rays so the best he can do is pressure and prenatal massage. Better than nothing. But if you have X-rays somewhere definitely go see a Chiro!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had very few pregnancy symptoms, but my lower back has been bothering me off and on since about week 6.  I've had some people say that it can't be pregnancy related that early, but for me, it is.
  • Options
    I had terrible back pain for weeks 10, 11 and 12. It finally went away this weekend. Supposedly it is normal, but you should ask your doctor if it inhibits your walking.
  • Options
    My doctor referred me to a physical therapist my back was so bad last time. That helped immensely. I hope it's less terrible this time, especially since my toddler wants "up" a lot.

Anyway, yeah it's normal, but there are things you can do to help. Ice, heat, stretching, massage, etc. If it's bad enough to be ruining your daily life, it's worth looking into treatment whether that's a physical therapist or a chiropractor.
    DS1 12/30/13
    Miscarriage 3/15 at 10 weeks
    BFP 7/23/15 EDD 4/3/16

• Options
    @Jheaps it totally can be related this early. The hormone Relaxin is already in our bodies and relaxing our ligaments which causes joint shifting and pain (regardless of any fetus weight pressing on our joints). I've had TERRIBLE sacroiliac joint pain in my pelvis and am going to a physical therapist tomorrow (I'm 10w5d).