3rd Trimester
Options

Stinging sensation in vagina???

I'm 36weeks along and some days I've been getting a stinging sensation down below , sometimes when baby moved it was heightened , it would stop me dead in my tracks if walking! Today it seems that feeling is constantly there! It's defo not a uti as its not in the front and isn't sore passing urine! I've googled it and I've come across it could be cervix dialating but that you can be 1 or 2 cm dialated for weeks before delivery! Iv had no show or any blood or mucus! Just wondering if anyone has felt the same? Back in hospital for check up on Tuesday anyway but just curious till then...

Re: Stinging sensation in vagina???

• Options
    kynbar5kynbar5 member
    edited September 2015
    I've felt this in previous pregnancies between 38-42 weeks. It's normal for me and possibly some others but, as with any other issue, if it's very worrisome to you, you can always give your dr a call :) Good luck!
    ETA- you do still have about 2 weeks to go before you're considered full term so don't try to rush it :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    ZoeyRaeJamesZoeyRaeJames member
    edited September 2015
    If you're really worried, call your doctor! :) That could possibly be a sign that you need to change your body wash, even. I had that same issue, about two weeks ago when I was only 25 weeks along, and I had to change the bath soap I used. It helped me out a lot with that burning sensation! I also had to change my laundry detergent. Which stunk. Because I liked my previous one! @-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Is it 'lightning crotch'? That's what I call it. You're just walking along and BAM a jolt will almost knock you down? I'm realizing that if this isn't what you're experiencing you may think I'm crazy. Lol. I'm 36 weeks and get lightning crotch all the time. My doctor said it's completely normal and caused by muscles and tissue stretching. She compared it to round ligament pain.
  • Options
    @BonnyJW haha! That's what I call it too and I seem to be getting it much earlier in every pregnancy.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    Yep that's exactly what it is haha!!