2nd Trimester

Anxiety and fear induced by pregnancy

Has anyone experienced really bad fear and anxiety during pregnancy? Not even pregnancy related fears. Like a heightened sense of fear after reading the news or seeing something bad on TV? If so how do you deal with it and if you've had it I a previous pregnancy did it go away after you delivered?

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Re: Anxiety and fear induced by pregnancy

• I guess I'd try and avoid any obvious triggers, such as news stories you know will be sad.
    However, unfortunately bad things happen in the world and you can't always avoid hearing about it. You're going to have to accept this on your own or if your feelings become too much to handle you need to talk to your doctor.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. This anxiety is horrible. It's causing me to be in a depressed state and have thoughts I just can't get out of my head. I've talked to my doc and am talking with a therapist but I'm not sure how much it's helping. My doctor also suggested taking Zoloft but I'm very hesitant to take it while pregnant.
  • My anxiety is absolutely horrid since becoming pregnant. It's constant. And it's about everything. I was anxious to begin with; being off of medication for the first time in 10 years is certainly not helping. I am considering going on a zoloft or something similar if I can't get it under control with therapy alone.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• I hate when people blame things on pregnancy hormones, but it sounds like that could be a big contributor making you extra sensitive. If you didn't already have anxiety prior to pregnancy then I'm sure it will clear up later or after you deliver.