Pregnant after a Loss

When is your next apt ladies?

I go in next Thursday at 11 weeks for my first physical check with my OB. Then my first genetic ultrasound a week later. When is your next apt?

Re: When is your next apt ladies?

• We go Wednesday. I will be 7w4d and it will be our first ultrasound. And I am a nervous wreck. Like I want to be so excited to see our little one but I am having nightmares about there being no heartbeat.
  • Ugh October 12th soooo far away, that one is just a heart check with doppler.  I did switch it to two days earlier because DH was out of town and I've never had a successful doppler before :-\
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Loading the player...
  • @cammlyn and @bntfroggie I have all my fingers and toes crossed for happy apts for both of you!
  • @Plleriti1 you too :-)
  • Thanks girl you too. As my husband says we are crossing fingers toes legs arms eyes and hairs lol
  • Next Wednesday, exactly 8 weeks, for the first u/s. I would have booked it a few day sooner, but we're going out of town. I suppose that will be good for me, to try to get my mind off of it a little bit, instead of feeling like I'm just waiting.

I'm really not optimistic at this point. No matter how prepared/expecting I am of bad news, it just doesn't seem to help. A big part of me wishes I would just have a miscarriage if it's inevitable, so I don't have to find out at the u/s. 

The only thing making this at all easier is that we know the reason (my husband has a chromosomal abnormality that can cause miscarriages), so I'm not freaking out about everything I am or am not doing that could be causing it!
  • I'm not even going to schedule an appt with my midwife until i'm 9 weeks. (She likes to see you at 10). Trying just to consider that the point that i'm "actually" pregnant. At this point i've just gotten a positive test.

Ps- sorry if my sig is screwed up.
  • I go tomorrow for my 8 week appointment. It will be my third ultrasound (had a minor freak out yesterday when I had NO symptoms and they got me in for a quick check for a heart beat to stop my panicking and then one at 6 weeks as well), but first appointment with my doctor. I am still super nervous though... It was at this appointment when we learned our first had no heart beat and had stopped growing. Trying to stay positive and excited to get another picture of the little peanut!!

Keeping all of you in my thoughts for great appointments!!
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited September 2015
    October 7th - I'll be 10weeks+4 then. I think we'll do the MaterniT21 test then too. Anxious but so glad we've passed the mark when we lost our baby last time. Everyday I'm still constipated I'm grateful that baby is doing well.

Only the best wishes for all of us, mamas!!
  • @Plleriti1 I have mine next Thursday too at 10w4d. They will do a blood draw for the prenatal test too! Can hardly wait - as per my usual complaint I don't have any major symptoms to keep me staying sane but I've crossed my mmc milestone from last time! @Katieelliott0501 let us know how your appt goes, fx for you! @kimey1 hahah totally with you on the constipated grateful feeling!
  • I go back 10/28 for my 18 week ultrasound and appointment. Long wait.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I thought this time would never come but we have one next Wednesday (glad to know I have some appt buddies!) for our 20 u/s. We have heard the HB twice since our last u/s but we haven't seen her since week 9! I am doing all I can not to completely freak out about all the possibilities.
    Married 7/20/13
    #1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Good luck on Wednesday, @BKNJN!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Wow looks like next week will be a busy one around here! I go in on friday, tech said it would be my first official ob appt. I have never made it this far. Anyone want to give me a heads up on what to expect?
  • @ALC08 Congrats!! How far long are you? Sending you good vibes!
  • @ALC08 In my past full term pregnancy, my first ob at included a pap and general health questions, etc. and listening to the heartbeat with the Doppler. It was a pretty quick apt. I'm assuming mine on Thursday will be similar.
  • @ALC08 Mine was also quick, they will do a pap and ask you questions and let you ask any you have.  Good Luck!!
  • Thanks @Plleriti1 @bntfroggie I am 10 wks +1. Baby was measuring a week ahead at 8 wk appt. @kimey1
  • i have my 10+4 appt in a week and a half but I've been to 2 appts already. @ALC08 They'll prob take a urine sample, blood pressure, temperature check, u/s, blood sample if you're doing genetic testing? Sending you good vibes!
  • My next appointment is on Wednesday. I should be 7 weeks and 5 days. We saw the baby's heart beating at my last ultrasound two weeks ago but baby was tucked in the corner. I'm hoping everything goes great this week.
  • My next appt is Oct 7th, I will be 12w4d. I am really excited to see my little one and even though this will be my 3rd u/s I am still very nervous. I passed a milestone with each u/s so far and pray it continues!
  • @bknjn Yay! Love hearing great news.

1: BFP 3/14/14; EDD 12/1/14; MMC with HB, D&C 5/8/14
    2: BFP 1/31/15; EDD 10/09/15; MMC with HB, Cytotec 3/16/15
    6/9/15 Diagnosed MTHFR Compound Heterozygous
    3. BFP 8/27/15; EDD 5/08/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• @BKNJN Yay! What a great milestone to pass! Hopefully this brings you some peace with this pregnancy! My initial NT scan is Tuesday morning! But first- check up with the OB tomorrow after work. I'm going alone since my husband is leaving to go out of town and that's making my anxiety rise since we discovered my last mc while he was out of town and I was alone at an apt.
  • Thinking of you @Plleriti1
  • Fingers crossed @Plleriti1 , I'm expecting good news!
  • This is such a happy thread. I love it!
  • Yay for lots of great news. Looking forward to my appt next week to be a positive one too :)